NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,411 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

bluemele View Post
Ok, Market now opens at 3:30 HST! Ouch!

Let's see how that goes this week. Wake up at 3am, maybe fall back asleep and not be a zombie.

Got to give you credit for getting up that early. Man I'm on the East Coast and get up around 6, feel like the day is 1/2 over by the time I start doing my Historicals at the start of the market.
Thanks for continuing your thread, I'm sure a lot of people would have gone into hiding by now if they didn't show consistent success, you seem like you know what you need to work on. Just get that mental part down and stay positive....do you still have access to the website? Been some good First Bar live classes lately, of course they are almost all recorded.
Take care,
Steve L

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

travelinman View Post
Got to give you credit for getting up that early. Man I'm on the East Coast and get up around 6, feel like the day is 1/2 over by the time I start doing my Historicals at the start of the market.
Thanks for continuing your thread, I'm sure a lot of people would have gone into hiding by now if they didn't show consistent success, you seem like you know what you need to work on. Just get that mental part down and stay positive....do you still have access to the website? Been some good First Bar live classes lately, of course they are almost all recorded.
Take care,
Steve L

Yup, have access to the vids. Have processed all of it a few times, but I need a new spin. The old format has me kind of 'numb' I think.....

I will check them out. And, yes, most people don't have the cajones to be real enough to actually put anything up online that doesn't feed their ego's. I have decided to let go. making 1 point a day is easy, I have been able to do that. Making 3 points a day has been the jump or challenge for me. I will get there, but a matter of time. I am not a "I will be a master trader in 6 months" anymore kind of guy. I will accept it when it clicks/pops and I probably will not know why it did pop.

Remember, before this journal I had many many months (of which I can post) of +3, +5 point days and for several weeks. Then it would all come crashing down as the market dynamic changed and I wanted to keep doing what I was doing. I realize I am contaminating you now, but I do believe dynamics change and I must be somewhat flexible to that movement. If the dance speeds up, I must be able to speed up, if it slows down etc.. Something I have not been good at or understood.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Eric j 
NY

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Esignal, MBT navigator
Trading: Currencies
Thanks Given: 1,396
Thanks Received: 2,576

bluemele View Post
Yes. HLC bars which are not default in NinjaTrader. So, you have to add the "close" part through a 1 SMA charted as a "dot" and "open" so you can see price.

It hasn't been asked. Good luck.

This plots the current price as a dot or whatever you like , might use less resources .

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: BarClose.zip
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

Eric j View Post
This plots the current price as a dot or whatever you like , might use less resources .

Awesome Eric.....Thanks....I was looking for something to cut down on resources.....this just might fit the bill.

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Eric j View Post

Yup, I have that indi, but didn't see a difference and actually had both going at once. I figured it wasn't major but thanks for offering it up again.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

No trading today, FOMC

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I goofed.

1. I didn't get up at 3am this morning. I am seriously doubting I will be able to do that so I may be market replay for some time.

2. I replayed the wrong time. Instead of market open I traded 1 hour after market open as I forgot about the time change.

I also traded CL today which was good. I may switch to CL as my practicing with it for a while and my profits are almost always better on CL than TF.

I keep expending all of my 3 magical trades right before the big move. As long as I keep with my 3 trades then I believe I will find improvement in my over-trading.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, should I change the name of my journal. CL Day Trading!

Messed up on the times to trade this as well. Will have it down tomorrow. I may end up w/ just market replay for a while. I am too tired for the rest of the day. Will stay with a 4am wakeup though. 3am is just toxic to my system I think.

video

Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Ok, should I change the name of my journal. CL Day Trading!

Messed up on the times to trade this as well. Will have it down tomorrow. I may end up w/ just market replay for a while. I am too tired for the rest of the day. Will stay with a 4am wakeup though. 3am is just toxic to my system I think.

video

Your time zone sounds tough. You might consider trading the DAX which starts at 9 PM your time, I believe. The Hang Seng would be even better. It starts at 4 PM your time, I believe. Me personally, I wouldn't get up in the middle of the night.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
Your time zone sounds tough. You might consider trading the DAX which starts at 9 PM your time, I believe. The Hang Seng would be even better. It starts at 4 PM your time, I believe. Me personally, I wouldn't get up in the middle of the night.

Yes, DAX is a dangerous little monster. I played with it for about 2 months. On day it went up 70 points without a retrace. On a counter-trend trading system that is a bit challenging. Plus, it will move 8 tick - 1 point bars like 30 bars in a row and then go in the direction you wanted to go.

If I get my trading account back up to a few hundred k's, then I would trade it with like 2 contracts!

Not familiar w/ Heng Seng market or anything with volume to trade in futures?

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts