NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Woohooo! 6 ticks! Wow, this breakeven stage is taking a lot longer than I would like.

I had rough week last week. Market has been on a tear and for some reason I always try and say, what goes up must come down. I have always been a countertrend trader etc..

I also noticed that I stopped trading today before it hit my target. It was strictly out of fear and losing 'money'. I would still be in this trade had I not been scared. Or, I would have exited at 766.5

My RE work is heating up, so my trading is going to have to take a little bit of a backseat for now.

Trades:

1. -7 ticks, boy what a POP! I figured down and I thought I got the pivot, but unfortunately I didn't see the huge pop coming.

2. -5 ticks, I clicked enter at the top of this pivot, but it just entered me way below and then knocked me out within a half second.

3. I got right back on the horse quickly (within a half second) and hit the pivot perfectly. I scaled at a decent point, but probably a point too early. It did end up going to my H&S target! I do believe it to be a short morning.

Decent trading technically, but fear in my head about a not so great week last week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	26650   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	613.8 KB
ID:	26651  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I am not doing what I learned to do. I am to wait for an area in addition to MACD's looking good. I saw a short coming, but there was only 1 area to enter, but maybe 2.

The important one was the 76% retracement area which it finally pulled back from. The other one would have been a double top. The rest of the trades were rediculous and me wanting to 'not miss it'. It is great to be able to see the market direction, but it sucks when you are way out ahead of the proper time.

I have yet to be patient for it to hit my area. Patience is my next key element to train my brain.

Trades:

1. -3 ticks, This looked decent and could have been a nice drop. However, 1597 was saying not yet.

2. -5 ticks, I had a 3 tick stop, but it blew by it. Irregardless it was a shite trade and one that made no sense to take.

3. -5 ticks, Well, this was just bad luck as it hit me on the tick. I almost took profit for 2 of my contracts later on when it dropped 1.5 points, so this would have been nice.

4. -5 ticks, this is called desperation. Worst kind of trade you can make.

5. +0 ticks, this wasn't bad entry, but it was not the area. I was going to take profit at 1.5 ticks profit, but delayed too much.

6. -5 ticks, I KNEW THIS WASN'T IT! I told myself to exit, but I couldn't do it.

7. +17 ticks, This was a pretty good trade and the one I was too impatient to wait for. I didn't wait for it to hit my target as I was considering the long at the end, but the MACD's weren't clear so I am closing out my day.

PATIENCE!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	182
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	26687   Click image for larger version

Views:	198
Size:	349.2 KB
ID:	26688  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Took one more trade, +8 ticks per contract, looked good but I probably should have stayed short.

I will take it.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	193
Size:	337.6 KB
ID:	26689  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Contract switchover date is always a strange day to trade.

I was notified but quickly forgot.

Glad I am out of my trades.

Scaled out WAY too soon.

Trades:

1. +16 ticks, scaled first one way way too soon. Not comfortable. Could have chosen to scale first 2 where I scaled last one and held the last one.

Still not comfortable.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	172
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	26755   Click image for larger version

Views:	206
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	26756  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

OK, today was interesting. I would not trade this cash, but thought I would play around with it SIM. The two days around contract expiration are always a little 'strange' and hard to read for me, so I just sit it out.

I took a nice short, but exited at support and then the 50% retracement.

I then continued short which was not the right direction.

Trades:

1. -5 ticks, darn, just hit me out by 1 tick.

2. +11 ticks, this was scaling out too soon, but a good eye on the last scale.

3. -4 ticks, I was still seeing short in the cards and I thought there was a target below that I would go long at.

4. -5 ticks, same on this trade as last. Probably not a smart trade.

5. +1 ticks, I put BE on this as it was moving so slowly and I didn't feel as strongly as I did when I entered.

6. +3 ticks, I lost confidence in this trade and decided to close the day since NEWS was coming.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	171
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	26796   Click image for larger version

Views:	188
Size:	604.1 KB
ID:	26797  
Thanked by:
 edi025 
stuttgart

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 23

bluemele,

The phrases you use and the strategies you implement tell me that you must be or at some point in time were a member of New Futures Trading. New Futures Trading. — A way of life... am I correct?

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

edi025 View Post
bluemele,

The phrases you use and the strategies you implement tell me that you must be or at some point in time were a member of New Futures Trading. New Futures Trading. — A way of life... am I correct?

Edi,

You are correct! It used to be a different group called "Masters Palace", but they started marketing and pushing their services big time over the last 6 months. (Used to be just word of mouth) I have been with them for about 15 months.

I have come to realize that all the people who have been consistently profitable have all been doing it for 2+ years. I guess I still have some time to go! haha...

P.S., if you get a chance to sign up for the 7 days, check out the section "NFT Videos" as that is what I am supposed to be doing. haha...

edi025 
stuttgart

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 23

bluemele,

I saw the student trade videos on their blog and signed up for a couple of their weekly webinars that I saw listed there. I then joined for the 7 day evaluation. I know I saw the more detailed student videos inside their website with the live Domes and all, but still, I need to ask you. Are they for real. Do you know Horst, Danielle,and Roger? Can they really do that on a consistent level? Horst claims in his testimonial that he made 42k on video trading only 10 days last month. Danielle is a stay at home mom making 500 a day with only 2 contracts? Is this for real? I am talking with Henry and considering joining. Do you really think it takes 2 years? They are claming 1 year. I can devote 1 year but not 2.....Do you see light at the end of your tunnel? Is this really do-able? What to do...What to do?? Thanks for your sincere input bluemele, it's greatly appreciated.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

edi025 View Post
bluemele,

I saw the student trade videos on their blog and signed up for a couple of their weekly webinars that I saw listed there. I then joined for the 7 day evaluation. I know I saw the more detailed student videos inside their website with the live Domes and all, but still, I need to ask you. Are they for real. Do you know Horst, Danielle,and Roger? Can they really do that on a consistent level? Horst claims in his testimonial that he made 42k on video trading only 10 days last month. Danielle is a stay at home mom making 500 a day with only 2 contracts? Is this for real? I am talking with Henry and considering joining. Do you really think it takes 2 years? They are claming 1 year. I can devote 1 year but not 2.....Do you see light at the end of your tunnel? Is this really do-able? What to do...What to do?? Thanks for your sincere input bluemele, it's greatly appreciated.

Firstly, if you can't devote "2 years" then I suggest not doing it and not trading at all. In my opinion, I have yet to meet a trader master something consistent in less than that time frame.

I have met the whole group, except "Horst" whom I chat with over skype as often as I can. Horst has been doing this for 3-4 years and do I believe that he only wins and makes tons of money. NO. I know he loses, but he obviously isn't going to show that in the video's of 'how to' as no 'coach' wants to show you how to lose. However, for me it builds confidence to see some of them lose as nobody can win daily without ever losing. If they did they would be the richest person alive.

Horst has Cajones big time and he just started using Ninja and trading DAX and some of the other instruments (CL) etc. and wow... He is a much better trader and from not knowing him and looking at his trades, for certain he is doing exactly what you are seeing which is 3-4 points daily on most instruments and sometimes several in one 24 hour period.

Do I believe that this system is the HOLY GRAIL. Nope. Just another system to do and Master.

I have met Roger, Judy, Danielle, Julia, Manny, Henry, Lian, Jennifer, Doc, Jeremy and many others whom seem to be successful. Roger and Judy are truly sweet people and have been trading for quite a while (at least Judy has been).

In my opinion, I don't think they ultimately hit huge success until after year 2. Henry changed the technique some from what I have gathered (He has been doing it for 4 years +) and he used to go for small amounts of ticks. However, now he is really going for nicer, more obvious and more consistent moves.

I sat in his 'bootcamp' for a 2nd time and for 2 weeks and watched him never pick the wrong direction except once and that was when he was looking over his shoulder (big screen on wall) and on the last day on the last hour.

I continue to have my doubts as everybody loses occasionally but you never hear about it. I know Danielle reasonably well and she is a sweetheart. They are all good people. Danielle is probably the most impressive to me as she has a similar personality as my own, so I can 'relate'. I don't think people like us are engineered to be great traders from birth. haha...

I also sat in the bootcamp and got to watch them trade (SIM) and I was very impressed. At the time, Judy and Roger were pulling so many points out of the market that I was a bit too eager and ignored what Henry advised.

10K is a bit of cash, and if you can't devote 2 years, then I suggest you quit right now and not move any further. I know some people in the program who were profitable after a few weeks/months and then went into lala land. (ME!).

After my first 2 months, I was profitable about 6 ticks to 1 point consistently. Then, the market dynamics changed and I had no idea what I was doing. I learned that a bull bull bull market was something you don't get in the way of, haha..

Overall, I am down slightly, but nothing like I lost in FOREX on my own etc..

Or signal following, letting others trade my cash etc..

In my opinion, the best part of this system is the 5 tick boundary. If you can hit the entry like Henry, Horst, Roger, Danielle, Judy etc. then you are golden.

I will stick with this system no matter how long it takes me because I just saw Horst pull out 15K in one morning like it was nothing!

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Still deciding to trade for peanuts and make poor decisions.

I figured it was going back up some, so I went in at the 50% twice, 61% and the 76%. It actually never hit the 76, so I went in after a deep retrace on the pull back and figured it would go to the 50%, so I would at least get a point out of it. The 4181 looks a bit strange and says we could go for a long run, but it is all chopped up I think due to Holidays.

Market seems headed up more, but I imagine there will be a lot of resistance at 780.00

Trades:

1. -4 ticks, 50% retracement, had a tight stop and had I kept my 5 tick stop I would have been OK.

2. +4 ticks, This looked weak once it started going up. I scaled out.

3. -3 ticks, This was the 61% and I figured it is as good a place as any.

4. +12 ticks, I chased this one as it looked very strong up. It was a bit dangerous considering it was reaching the prev high a few bars back and could have gone for another retracement.

I did a good job of only taking entries at area's!

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	159
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	26870   Click image for larger version

Views:	250
Size:	600.6 KB
ID:	26871  
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts