NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,411 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Ok, totally bad bad habit day today.

Sped up market replay after my my 2 gifts 10x speed and just started clicking like mad. I was ANGRY that I ended with 2 gifts and I could have been up 2.4 points instead. BAD HABIT TO VENT ANGER!!!! Why was I angry. Angry of not having enough sleep, stressed about work, thinking about my profit totals, concerned if I am ever going to be live and profitable etc..

I have set a high threshold of 2.5 points average over 45 days of trading with a max DD of 1.5 points avg over that same period. I am nowhere close to that right now and that is frustrating to me. I must be patient and let it work out. The market was perfect today for some nice setups, but I just didn't trade smart.

My kids have been sick all week which leads me to trading later in the morning with me having less focus because kids are up etc.. EXCUSES, EXCUSES. I will start getting up earlier so I can hit the live market when daylight savings finally happens! Too bad we only get 4 months of this.

I almost think I should just take a break this week, but I will keep going. Poor trading today moving my stops, but I just haven't been able to pick up those 7 point runs!

Too many trades, first 2 trades were just stupid.

Video

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

You had quiet a few nice entries.

I wouldn't say it was bad bad. Yes you couldn't manage it right, but I don't think that was horrible.

I feel like I need a break also. After PW's today's post I understand why. I've been watching market for about 1,5 year day to day. I don't remember missing a single day. I get really tiered after 1 hour of trading now. From another side I don't want to miss practice and I don't think I really gonna take a break. On the weekend I can't wait till Monday to get practiced and see how market is gonna move and how I can adapt to conditions.

It's hard to take a break and do not do what you really like even if you are tiered. Tomorrow last day of this week and we can take a break for two days. Haha...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
You had quiet a few nice entries.

I wouldn't say it was bad bad. Yes you couldn't manage it right, but I don't think that was horrible.

I feel like I need a break also. After PW's today's post I understand why. I've been watching market for about 1,5 year day to day. I don't remember missing a single day. I get really tiered after 1 hour of trading now. From another side I don't want to miss practice and I don't think I really gonna take a break. On the weekend I can't wait till Monday to get practiced and see how market is gonna move and how I can adapt to conditions.

It's hard to take a break and do not do what you really like even if you are tiered. Tomorrow last day of this week and we can take a break for two days. Haha...

Yes, exactly! You think like me!!!!

haha....

I guess we trade tomorrow then. I feel tired too, but I think that is because my kids are waking up 1.5 hours after I go to sleep and requesting to go to the hospital or throwing up all over the place. Thank god my wife takes care of it, but our place isn't big enough to not hear a screaming child!! Enough blaming...

I am tired.. burned out...

I made 2 gifts last night on the LT, still have to post. A bit bummed as I got stopped out on the TICK!!!

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, made a mistake and cleared my SIM cash as I can't get my SIM101 account to open with NT7?

So, while repairing I deleted it all.

I made a gift short last night on the ES, it quickly spring into action knocking me out for a 8 point gift. Then I took a long on the TF and it came down and knocked me out on the TICK and ran 9 points.

This is not the areas to enter and my total profit thus far is here:

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, took some shorts last night. Had a wee bit of favorable excursion, but I had a feeling it was LONG. So, why did I short?

Good question. I figured I would be safe to short the EURO, so I did with a nice setup. It went in my direction 6.25 points, but quickly reversed. Not a great trade and why am I trading short when I see hidden divergence and the MACDBB's saying LONG.

Here is the total for the one trade. So far, giving up all my profits because I have to trade every day. Not showing patience on the longer term.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Tough rangy morning with a LONG, but I could not find my entrance to that long. I am ok with my trading except I should have just stayed in my short from the beginning. I would have except I goofed and had 1,000 contracts lined up. I am surprised it filled them!

This is the first time I woke up for the market open in quite some time. Anyways, I got 1.3 points out of the first run but it could have easily been 2.5 points and done for the day but again, I wanted to get out of the 1,000 contracts and decided to get back in and didn't realize it would be so rangy.

Days like this happen.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Here I am, nice separation on MACDBB, heading short on TF.

Looking good for short on 6E, ES, but have a stop placed for 6E only. We have some resistance and some divergence so let's see how this plays out.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, what a hell of a day! I was very emotional! I tried holding my trades and glad I didn't on the short trade, but not so glad on my long entry.

I figured it was going up by the way it was moving again. I feel like I am back in February/March of this year! That unbridled up up up up no matter what!

This alone created so much pandemonium for me in my trading that I now watch for this.

First trade was very clear, but it didn't say I am going up 21 points!!! Too bad! Haha....

I got a nice 2 point trade and could have walked away. Then I decided to give it all back to finally get another 2.5 points. Who knows though right? I am ok with all my trades. Tough day if you were counter-trend trading. Days like today I just have to watch the way the bars move and sense the direction better. Ignoring the separation on the MACDBB and the divergence.

I am happy with the results. Kid kept us up all night, so late start, but better late than never. I can't wait till live market when daylight savings occurs!!!

Video

Long Term trades, 2 gifts on 6E and TF, and now I am back to BREAKEVEN ON LONG TERM! YUCK.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Great job today!!!

It was so long today so I got really confused!!! Haha...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I am sick again (wow, almost 3 weeks in a row!) and my head is quite foggy. I am glad I chose to mostly stay out of the market even though I did take 2 trades. 2 BE + 1's turned into +2 ticks.

Nothing exciting. I am also happy I didn't countertrend trade.

Video

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts