NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

max-td 
Frankfurt

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: FGBL 6E B4
Thanks Given: 2,309
Thanks Received: 927

indicators + their parameter-settings and also chart + back-colors are stored in the templates in NT - so if we have the indicators you have in your chart on our PC and you post the template, everything should be OK if we load the template.

max-td

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

max-td View Post
indicators + their parameter-settings and also chart + back-colors are stored in the templates in NT - so if we have the indicators you have in your chart on our PC and you post the template, everything should be OK if we load the template.

I believe I uploaded those right?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Hey all,

Anyone reading this. I contacted one of the better traders in the group that I am part of. He is going to see what it takes/costs to be a 'vendor' on the site. I believe that anyone interested should really talk to him as he is much better than I am.

I just watched a few of his live vid's (SHOWING A LIVE DOM) for the last 2 days (as I was behind a little on watching them) and he was up around 11K (estimate as I don't recall exactly). He is trading TF, CL & ES. Pretty good trader and has been doing it for 4 years. I am in my 14th month, so I don't feel as comfortable explaining to people what is right/wrong.

Until he gets on here, I just don't want to recommend anything to anyone or point anyone in a direction. Aloha!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Today was an exceptional day.

I only made two mistakes, which are completely OK.

1. I scaled out too soon on my 1 contract, however, it was an area in which I would have scaled out had I had more, so it was my call.

2. I didn't get filled on the entry for the long. I could have jumped in a second earlier and been more aggressive as I was pretty certain a nice retrace was going to happen.

1st image is me through the trade. I was imagining I had more than 1 contract, so that is why I had 3 scaling out points.

I took the first trade premarket as it was very clear. The retracement happened yesterday up to 723 which was the 61% retracement. I expected a 76% which was 730+-. It did hit my 61% line within 2 ticks! Anyone who thinks fib's don't work don't know how to trade them.

When I looked premarket the 4181, daily, and several other MACD's looked short, short.

Trades:

1: NO TRADE, this looked good, but wanted confirmation, so I held off and was willing to let it go.

2: +17 ticks, double top pullback for a short. It was very very clear. Messed up on the scale out.

3: NO TRADE, this area looked good for a scale in and had I done a 5 tick boundary I would have stayed in.

4: NO TRADE, great looking trade!

5: NO TRADE, this looked like more down, but as you can see, market ranged for a bit.

6: NO FILL, I tried, but wasn't aggressive enough. It sat on my price and didn't give me a pullback that I felt good about, so I let it go. My wife took this for 2 points (20 ticks). Had I been filled, it would have hit all 3 targets with 2 of them being a H&S pattern @ 716.20, 716.9 and the 3rd being the 61% retracement area @ 718.5!

I could have held my original entry to 714.10 which was my target, however, I decided that my scale outs (3 scaling points which is what I originally learned) would have worked quite well at 717.5 area, 716.00 area, and 714.50 area.

The one big difference that I have re-learned is the importance of the 'story' and not just trading off the visual representation of the MACD's and smaller fib areas. I think the key is to setup a good story and follow it which is exactly what I did today. I had lost sight of that and how important it is.

My wife missed the first short that I took as she doesn't trade premarket, then she took the short right where I scaled out. My scale point wasn't great, as I am still playing with NT7 to do it better but I would normally have 5 ticks better.

I am going to switch to 3 contracts (goal is to get back up to 10 again) and once I am 2-3 points profitable, then I will go live again.

Had I traded with 3 contracts, my total profit in ticks for the day would have been 105 ticks (10.5 points) or 1,050.00 on 3 contracts. On 10 contracts = 305 ticks, 30.5 points, $3050.00 Let's get back there.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	303.7 KB
ID:	25919   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	274.3 KB
ID:	25920   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	25921  
Thanked by:
Zchartist
Chicago, IL. USA

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 5

When trading the TF in a real environment (not simulated), are you able to get filled on limit orders within 1 or 2 hits ?

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bluemele View Post
Today was an exceptional day.

The one big difference that I have re-learned is the importance of the 'story' and not just trading off the visual representation of the MACD's and smaller fib areas. I think the key is to setup a good story and follow it which is exactly what I did today. I had lost sight of that and how important it is.

yes dont miss the forest for the trees but also at the same time dont miss the trees for the forest.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Zchartist View Post
When trading the TF in a real environment (not simulated), are you able to get filled on limit orders within 1 or 2 hits ?

Yes and no. It completely depends upon the day. Some days it seems impossible as I miss out on several good entries!

However, typically because I am trading such a small amount of contracts when live that it does fill me. I buy/bid, sell/ask and so a lot of times, price has to move against me 1 tick to get filled if hitting the pivot. I more than many others do CHASE quite a bit and have an ATM to 'chase' 1 tick.

I will chase manually up to 3-4 ticks if I really like the entry.

One thing I noticed is that with ATC Brokers and Open E-cry combo, then no DEMO I get filled pretty easily. However, with Zen-fire and AMP futures on live feed (SIM account) I don't get filled quite often.

If I don't get filled, I do my best to get in on a deep retracement or basically a 23% fib retrace for a double bottom or a 76% retrace off the 23% back to the pivot. Of course, sometimes I predict incorrectly! haha....

I truly hope that the other traders get on here as I like this method, but really it is just another set of indicators and technique that I believe any technique will make lots of money if you stick with it long enough.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, talk about a tough time trying to get entered. I hit my daily stop loss before I got to my pivot.

First time I was trading 3 contracts in a while, EVEN ON SIM, so...

Today had some big jumps and mostly probably due to Japanese holiday and obvious US HOLIDAY WEEK.

Whenever the market is like this, it will jump and getting a good entry is a bit of a challenge.

I was at the pivot and did end up hitting it, but too little too late and I will not count that and was just playing around at that point. I have to remember, to stop clicking and the DOM is real money, no matter what. DOM IS REAL, no DEMO in my brain.

Trades:

1. -6 ticks, probably should have held off as I was chasing it. Plus the 144 was saying no way jose!

2. -5 ticks, this wasn't at the area, but the bar setup looked good and I tried to get in lower. I was 3 ticks too high to stay in!

3. -5 ticks, Well, I thought it had hit bottom and I was ready for a run up! NOPE.

I went on to 'practice' which I could choose not to. I did end up hitting the pivot within 1 tick after 1 more gift to the market. It was quite jumpy and normally I would not trade this entire week. I believe I may just watch the market this week or trade Market Replay as the volume will be playing games.

At least I read the pivot area pretty well, just the 5 tick cost me today. It trended very nicely today! Nice smooth day, but I wasn't reading the pivots well enough. My mentor did a good live presentation and boy am I missing the boat. haha...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	157.3 KB
ID:	26002  
Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,171
Thanks Received: 6,018

bluemele View Post

Today had some big jumps and mostly probably due to Japanese holiday and obvious US HOLIDAY WEEK.

Whenever the market is like this, it will jump and getting a good entry is a bit of a challenge.
At least I read the pivot area pretty well, just the 5 tick cost me today. It trended very nicely today! Nice smooth day, but I wasn't reading the pivots well enough. My mentor did a good live presentation and boy am I missing the boat. haha...

Despite the apparent random behavior price moved in a very typical way. I think it's really important to have a clear picture of the market structure to better anticipate the various entry areas. See chart.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TF_PriceAction.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	26022  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

trendisyourfriend View Post
Despite the apparent random behavior price moved in a very typical way. I think it's really important to have a clear picture of the market structure to better anticipate the various entry areas. See chart.

Good point. Honestly, I didn't expect the market to go up so deeply yesterday and expected a continued decline.

Seems like today was repeat of yesterday! Did you trade those breakouts? I like trading breakouts, but I think you have to have larger stops and S&R lines aren't all that clear to me on exits.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts