NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

sunnyrain 
Portland/OR

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TS
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Bluemele,

Thanks for the posting. It is very interesting. I have a question: do you use any confirmation on your entries (such as reversal bar or cross moving average) or you just enter at your s/r level, not waiting for any confirmation? Thank you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

sunnyrain View Post
Hi Bluemele,

Thanks for the posting. It is very interesting. I have a question: do you use any confirmation on your entries (such as reversal bar or cross moving average) or you just enter at your s/r level, not waiting for any confirmation? Thank you.

Well, it is actually much more complicated than that. I trade using 2 screens and because of that I can't show you my MACD's at the time of entry.

It is pretty basic and a system I paid to learn from a trader out of Toronto named Henry Roche.

144 tick chart with Keltner and MACDBB indicator
233 MACDBB (separate window)
377 MACDBB
610 MACDBB
987 MACDBB
1597 MACDBB
4181 MACDBB

The concept is to use Price Action (i.e. Fibs, trendlines, patterns, etc..) with the different timeframes of MACD's and you end up with identifying the pivots (with a small 5 tick stop) and riding the really long runs.

The challenge is more of dealing with the exits than the entries and I believe it takes a while to perfect. Henry has made good rules up but the market conditions change and the more experienced you are in reading them the better off you do.

I believe it is still the best system that I have seen and I get a kick out of watching HORST (Student of Henry's) trade daily in his videos. I think he was up like $7,400 (1 hour of trading) roughly today. It is fun to watch him, but I can see he is much more advanced than I currently am and has a good aptitude for making $'s with little fear and emotions.

I wish I had the time to share more of my system, but a few back I posted a video link and you can check that out.

Thank you for reading the journal and the question. Aloha!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, how do you define Greed while trading? Up already w/ a nice profit, but continue to trade and give it all back?

Ok, I hit my nice trade on the TF, but I decided that I needed more.

Another thing is that I will never 'play around' with the ES again. It is slow, and it just doesn't give you the profit for the risk you take.

ES: - 12 ticks
TF: - 1 ticks

I normally would have not traded the ES, nor would I have continued trading the TF after I was up over $600.00, but I wanted to continue and not be fearful. I did and it cost me. It seems the times I choose to do that, I let go of all my technical abilities and just say let's go! I had several items telling me not to go in, but I was so 'short' feeling that I wanted to keep going.

Another thing was that I exited my short way too soon on my first scale out! My thinking was that I liked an area to go short a little higher but it didn't ever make there so I thought this would go up and then hit it and then go down more.

Good learning day, but another day of losses.

Trades TF:

1. -5 ticks, 76% retracement area, looked good!

2. +26 ticks, not an area really anymore, but the MACD's looked very good to me. I couldn't get filled at the top @ 783, so I chased it and finally got filled. I moved my stop 1 tick for a 6 tick stop and it saved me on this one. I had my original target for my 2 contracts to exit at 780.5 which was the 50% retracement. I exited 20 ticks higher! Until I can get my head past this I will not be a good trader.

3. -2 ticks, this was just one contract. I wanted back into the trade, so I went short w/ just one. STUPID.

4. -5 ticks, Trades 4-8 were trades I would usually not take, but I was feeling overly eager about going short. Too emotional and I wanted to continue trading to say, I am ok with it and moving past the anxiety of trading.

5. -5 ticks, STUPID.

6. -1 tick, This was an area off of a pullback, but I tried to exit it at BE+1 and it wouldn't fill me so I exited.

7. -3 ticks, Another area, not good.

UNLABELED. -5 ticks, I accidentally forgot to label this one. More poor trading.

8. +5 ticks, this was a poor trade. I could have chosen to stay out and be done for the day as well.

Ok.... I will not show the ES trades as I will never again trade that Monkey. Lesson learned.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	290.6 KB
ID:	28898   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	255.5 KB
ID:	28899  
Thanked by:
vntrip96
garden grove

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

I was wondering if u have the code for the MACD BB for Tradestation, NinJA 6.5 or 7.0.

thnx

bluemele View Post
I have attached my indicators on a later post. I now use NT7 over TradeStation as it is free, and I really like chart trading as well as some of the other features. I am not LIVE again yet! Not until I can be more effective with NT7.
--------ORIGINAL 1st POST ---------
Hi all,

Here is my journal.

Today:

1.2 points on TF (SIM) in first 3 minutes of market open, caught a bit of separation on the smaller timeframes, exited a little early on a pullback as there was another 15 or so ticks left in the run. Last night it hit my 50% target on the higher time-frame and why I didn't hit that really nice long Friday! Friday it missed my target by 3 ticks and it jumped after that. Let it go....

First day back on the simulator since I have been watching charts for the last 6 weeks after having a bad August. My trading has been sporadic with 40-50 ticks some days average per contract to -40 or -50 ticks!

Time to move it to the more profitable side.

I use a simple (NEXGEN) type setup using Price Action & Fibs heavily.

Today I did not stop trading and was playing with the Simulator to get reacquainted.

Tomorrow, let's see what the day brings.

sunnyrain 
Portland/OR

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TS
Trading: Stocks
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 3

Hi Bluemele,

Thank you for the info. I think you are on the right track. You pick up the direction correctly even on your -20tick day. Do you mind to share more about the mentor program? I watched a few videos from youtube but I am quite confused. Do all of students use the same method? It seems everyone uses different thing from youtube. On Horst's 3K video, he entered the trade on a double top w/o any confirmation from 144tick chart(I think). Maybe the confirmation is from other time frame? I cannot tell from the video. Does Henry and students join trading room and make live trading calls? Thank you and good trading to you!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

sunnyrain View Post
Hi Bluemele,

Thank you for the info. I think you are on the right track. You pick up the direction correctly even on your -20tick day. Do you mind to share more about the mentor program? I watched a few videos from youtube but I am quite confused. Do all of students use the same method? It seems everyone uses different thing from youtube. On Horst's 3K video, he entered the trade on a double top w/o any confirmation from 144tick chart(I think). Maybe the confirmation is from other time frame? I cannot tell from the video. Does Henry and students join trading room and make live trading calls? Thank you and good trading to you!

No live trading room calls, but live training room education.

Horst is a bit different then some of the students as he has a certain 'flavor' but in the end you will realize that they are all very similar. yes, we all follow the same rules, but they are open to interpretation and sometimes someone will say it one way or another way but whether it is the 144 bowing over or a 3 bar slide, it is the same result. You will notice from the vids and my entries that they are almost identical to every video you will see. The difference is that they hold theirs for 5-7 points and I scale out after 2 minutes!!!!

The program is good, but like any kind of trading, give it 2 years or really a lifetime if you can and you will be the expert. I like it because everyone is trading the exact same rules.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vntrip96 View Post
I was wondering if u have the code for the MACD BB for Tradestation, NinJA 6.5 or 7.0.

thnx

My latest.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

+17 ticks per day per contract

Today was a relatively smooth day of trading. I was seeing it very clear, but my bad habits are evident as usual.

Scaled about 1 point too soon = $200.00

Didn't continue trading = $730.00

hmmm.....

When will I decide to follow the guidelines I learned? When I decide to I guess....

Trades:

1. +17 ticks, I liked the entry from the last pivot as it was clearly headed up but it was pre-market and the MACD's were not completely clear, so I waited for another good pullback to take me up a few points. It seemed that it could have gone either way very quickly, but it ranged within 3 points while I was trading which is fine. I scaled the first 2 contracts way too early. I closed the last one because it was getting to my area and I was going to consider shorts!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	29098   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	29099  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Today's trading videos: (Please excuse the nose blowing) haha...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

+14 ticks per contract today.

It was a good day, but ranged a bit more than I would have liked for great point making. I still could have come out today looking very good with more than 30 ticks per contract, but I scaled out too soon.

Gosh, I don't know how to get around this as quick as I would like. EFT's and meditation on that today.

I will start doing vid's instead of pics for ease. 1 review vid and 1 full day vid.

Unfortunately, today I am not use to Camtasia and I have to tell it to record my MICROPHONE!!!! I may go back to my free player again as it is so much simpler to record. haha...

Review.mp4

Full.mp4

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts