NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I may wrap up my trading for the next few weeks and just do market replay. This is vacation time and markets are moving a bit slow for me to keep my interest.

FOMC days have never been big days and tend to range.

Trades:

1. +5 ticks, went to bathroom, came back and loved the short, but my entry was terrible, so I went be + 1 after scaling.

2. -6 ticks, market moved a bit on this one and had a poor entry. Seemed like every time I decided to enter that the market would jump or that it didn't want to fill me. Another sign of low volume.

3. NO FILL, this was just dumb.

4. -1 ticks, I saw short, but when I clicked the button the market jumped about 6 ticks down very quickly and I decided to just exit because a small retrace would knock me out.

5. NO FILL, I tried re-entering but no luck.

I saw the long at my H&S entry point, but it was forming a shoulder (at least I thought) and I was waiting for the head. I realize that round number may have been propping it up. I had 2 head and shoulders, but just below that I had a 61% retracement area, a wedge target etc.. Would have been a nice entry.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	26927   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	26928  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 edi025 
stuttgart

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradeStation
Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 23

Bluemele,

Thanks so much for your insight. Your description of everyone made it sound like a pleasant enviornment to say the least. I talked with Henry and he informed me of the 110% UNCONDITIONAL money back guarantee for 7k. The key word here is unconditional.....as in for any reason....(duh..no brainer on this one). They say its so.....do you have any belief to the contrary? I spoke with Danielle at the end of my trial period. That girl is sincere and genuine as the day is long. It feels like I am joining a family type atmosphere where big brother and sister help you with your homework when you're stumped.hahaha awesome. I'm jumping in with both feet. My deepest thanks for your responses bluemele.
edi025
ps,... maybe I'll post my progress like you are as I get my feet wet and get the hang of things.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

edi025 View Post
Bluemele,

Thanks so much for your insight. Your description of everyone made it sound like a pleasant enviornment to say the least. I talked with Henry and he informed me of the 110% UNCONDITIONAL money back guarantee for 7k. The key word here is unconditional.....as in for any reason....(duh..no brainer on this one). They say its so.....do you have any belief to the contrary? I spoke with Danielle at the end of my trial period. That girl is sincere and genuine as the day is long. It feels like I am joining a family type atmosphere where big brother and sister help you with your homework when you're stumped.hahaha awesome. I'm jumping in with both feet. My deepest thanks for your responses bluemele.
edi025
ps,... maybe I'll post my progress like you are as I get my feet wet and get the hang of things.

Edi025,

Yes, Danielle is a sweety! I do not believe them to be dishonest, but one's reality is another's lie, so it is all up to how your perception of life goes in my opinion.

Horst just posted a 'crappy' video as he put it. I enjoyed watching it as I traded that day (yesterday) and ended up with roughly the same. It made me feel like I am not a complete f-in idiot.

Please post your progress, and I do not mean this to be negative in anyway, but be prudent, be sharp and be ready to change your emotional thinking.

P.S., be prepared to let the journey take you 'years' and if not, be pleasantly surprised!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Wow, can you say my best AND worst day in over many months.

The key here is that I was not patient and it cost me. I discovered that a much needed short was in the works, but I was not patient enough to only take entries at the proper areas.

Plus, I was listening to my coach discuss the market live which is a big no-no and I won't do it again. It was distracting and was leading me to more issues.

I will do a summary of my trades:

1-12 was bad.

13 was good. haha....

The first twelve trades were me thinking it was going to come down. I still think it is headed short to around 758 or so.

The mistake I made on the first group of trades was that the 1597 and 4181 along w/ the 987 were all bullish, but I was thinking bearish. So... in..in...in..

I deserve better and need to wait for the proper areas and not just slow downs.

Trade 10 seems like the peak and a 76% retracement. However, I was looking from the pullback and once I took it from the other 76, I just clicked my monitor off, set my target and walked away.

I closed it at the bottom as it didn't quite hit my target yet, but good enough. I felt like I had my head between my legs and closing my eyes on the way down. haha...

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	181
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	26994   Click image for larger version

Views:	237
Size:	334.6 KB
ID:	26995   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	26996   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	345.7 KB
ID:	26997  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I exited and walked away. I think I am done day trading till the 6th or 7th of January as with the lower volume comes unusual moves.

I will be doing market replay and practicing a few times a day.

Trades:

1. -5 ticks, just hit me on the tick on my boundary. I was going to move my stop above the trendline and I decided not to.

2. +3 ticks, The market seemed short, so I listened and was going to stay short. It just bounced me out again before heading down except this time I scaled out some.

3. +6 ticks, got right back in again, scaled my first a bit too early and I don't know why I did? I was thinking it may be heading up to 50% retracement area. After 10 minutes or so of ranging I decided to call it a day and move to January.

As of finishing writing this, the market has dropped and hit my H&S target. I have a much larger target many points below and I believe it will find it. The question is why did I scale out?

Well, with news coming in 10 minutes and me not wanting to watch it I figured I could just take the point and do something else with my time.

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	171
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	27018   Click image for larger version

Views:	204
Size:	643.3 KB
ID:	27019  
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bluemele View Post
The first twelve trades were me thinking it was going to come down. I still think it is headed short to around 758 or so.

The mistake I made on the first group of trades was that the 1597 and 4181 along w/ the 987 were all bullish, but I was thinking bearish. So... in..in...in..

its best that you keep your thinking neutral all the time, just watch what market do and formulate your anticipation from there.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

cory View Post
its best that you keep your thinking neutral all the time, just watch what market do and formulate your anticipation from there.

Can you elaborate more on that?

I kind of 'get it', but kind of don't.

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bluemele View Post
Can you elaborate more on that?

I kind of 'get it', but kind of don't.

you start the day saying GM then you say btw, I think its going up. If it open up you chase because you was 'right', if it open down you hesitate because you was 'wrong' and want to see if you was 'right' later. So was you right or wrong? neither market doesnt care what you think only you do. So keep your mind neutral then if it open one bar higher than the other then you anticipate it moves up and vice versa and you dont have to busy yourself with being 'right' or 'wrong'.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

cory View Post
you start the day saying GM then you say btw, I think its going up. If it open up you chase because you was 'right', if it open down you hesitate because you was 'wrong' and want to see if you was 'right' later. So was you right or wrong? neither market doesnt care what you think only you do. So keep your mind neutral then if it open one bar higher than the other then you anticipate it moves up and vice versa and you dont have to busy yourself with being 'right' or 'wrong'.

Good point. I will study that for a while and let it sink in.

The market is always right. When I trade I do tend to force the direction and have to be 'right' no doubt. I see it, and probably everyone see's it.

Thanks.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, Happy Holidays to anyone reading this!

This is a period of reflection and focus on all good things right!

So, what is good in your life, what is 'bad' and what is 'ok'?

I will share my good, 'bad' and 'ok' of my own evaluation of my trading:

"BAD"
1. Too many entries, too hasty, the need to always trade, be in the market, missing the trade.... FEAR. Anxiety that I will not be around to catch the good run. I believe part of this is due to my personality and part due to upbringing and part due to negativity or general lack of Faith. PSYCHOLOGY.

2. Cutting my trades too short or not playing the longer term properly. This again stems from FEAR of losing $'s that I already gained and why give those back right? PSYCHOLOGY.

3. Not seeing the larger trend properly and not physically identifying that trend or spending enough time doing it. This is strictly laziness which comes from FEAR. If I am properly following the trend and I make a gift, then can I accept that I am wrong?

4. I am countertrend trading! FEAR again, not wanting to miss out.

"OK"
5. My price action identification is OK. I have learned the different market conditions and now I can identify some of the larger movements a bit easier. I know a little bit better sometimes on when to stay out etc..

6. My use of NinjaTrader is ok. I am comfortable.

"Good"
7. I am doing better identifying reverses, pattern changes and general feel of the market. Even though I am constantly in, I am in the process of slowing down my trades and focusing on only the areas. The big piece I have been missing out of my trading for months has been NOT DOING BUSINESS AT AREAS! 50%, 61%, 76% etc... I am slowly realizing again how useless it is to hit every pullback.

8. I feel optimistic that I will be profitable very soon on a daily basis. I can feel the hint of it and it is right around the corner. I went from "The market is bad" to "It wasn't technical" to "This doesn't work" to "What is wrong w/ me" to "This should work" to "This does work".

I market replayed about 10 days over the last couple of days. I was over 25 ticks every day except 2. One day I was negative 30 ticks (just missing by an inch the run after a few gifts) and negative 3 ticks.

This is good. I haven't been doing this well, so a step in the right direction.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts