NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

ollivermilton View Post
nice crude trade...
--
have you also been with NFT? you are using a similar approach and also similar language.
--
why dont you have a journal here?

I keep a journal on my web site as i am a vendor on big mikes so i cant have a journal any more. I was never a member of NFT but i have some of there education ect

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
 greenr 
london/england

bluemele View Post
Good trading today!

Just FYI, your account shows on the top left of the DOM. I think you can change something in your operating system so it doesn't show. I doubt someone will hack your account by just seeing the #, but who knows.

AHHH really i been trying my hardest to hind my account were did i slip up i can see????

greenr 
london/england

greenr View Post
AHHH really i been trying my hardest to hind my account were did i slip up i can see????

Got you, why have i never noticed that before. Im so stupid!!!!

Yes i need to find away to hide this ASAP, i doubt any one can do any thing with it. But still beter to be safe than sorry

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Wow, tough day on entries, but I did better holding my stops and TP's.

Today was some tough love from the market as it hit two entries by the tick and then went. Also on an exit later on, same thing, so that was 1.5 points right there.

Don't know why it turned around @ 828.90 as I expected 830.00 or the 76 exactly, but oh well.

Need to get my entries dialed in again. I was 'playing around' at the end trying to go short, but I was getting hesitant and skiddish. I am not reading the market as well as I would like.

Video

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Lazy, slept in.

Rather be restful than losing because I am tired.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, it was clearly saying I want to go up, and I just kept shorting. Caught a nice trade down which I have a hunch that I could have held, but the market is so bullish I figured good enough.

What a market we are in... Seems like some Fed dollars are being spent in a big way again. (Edit: I see the market dropping like a rock now and actually tried to get back in, but it jumped down so I will stay out)

Grades...

Entries: D-

Holding and moving Stops: A-

My entries are really sucking lately and something I need to correct. I need to execute my patience... haha... I need to listen to some Guns-N-Roses

Video

While we are on the older hair band ballads:

(I remember this song from a tribute of a high-school student who committed suicide after he was notified that he would not graduate from high-school. The student had very good grades and his parents put immense pressure on him and the call was a mistake from administration. Today that would be a $100M lawsuit....)

greenr 
london/england

I offically did SHOCKING today

I started off watching the TF but was MEGA slow...

SO i started looking at the euro

comletely f up and broke my ruld leading to a $380 loss
Then got in a nice winning trade long was up about $600 didnt take profit, was a potential huge move up with the dollar about to test and break the lows... and got 2 tick out of the trade

-Z for my trading today!

had a perfect trade short lined up on the TF which i missed and it has now dropped 12 point for my entry set up!

Thanked by:
 ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 76

listening to guns n roses is always nice... you get a "two thumbs up" for having a special taste in music
--
but some words on your trading... this is in no way a offence because i know you are trying really hard to get things done...
but the last couple of weeks you always came up with this grades for this and that and when you going back through your posts, i or you, can get the impression that you are not serious anymore... maybe not on purpose...
it think - this is not a joke - you should print a huge poster saying "i got to stick to my rules" and maybe just focus on one bit of your structure for like a week... for example one week just working on entries, and after weeks combining it into a whole...
but for a little while i have the impression that you are actually doing what ever you are usually doing and then you just post B-, D-, A, D + , or whatever your feeling of the current day is/was. but for some reason you never/hardly do what you know you should do....
--
i have stayed away from the markets for a couple of weeks and spend some time reading... i wasnt even looking at charts... this helped me a lot.... it feels like a reboot... maybe you should try to take a little break and get your mind clear because i think you already got what it takes to read the markets - it is just your lack of concentration and overtrying to be successfull.... you know better than most what the macds are telling you, you know what certain pictures and patterns tell you and you know - more or less - what to expect from the TF...
take a break, enjoy yourself, go out for dinner and take some vacation... you deserve it... then come back with a clear mind and start doing what you wanna do...
i think you are already in such a routine, repeating the same mistakes over and over again that it really doesnt matter if you are trading weeks without a pause or just one day because you already have your behaviour developed...
--
edit:
what also came to my mind while watching your videos is that you should focus more on bigger timerframes when getting into a trade... i know you wanna trade 144 tick but this chart is only good for entries when you are confirming your entries by looking at higher frames like 440 or 610, otherwise you end up with a lot of noise...
--
again... i dont wanna be some smart ass... its just my impression...
--
wild wishes
milton

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

ollivermilton View Post
listening to guns n roses is always nice... you get a "two thumbs up" for having a special taste in music
--
but some words on your trading... this is in no way a offence because i know you are trying really hard to get things done...
but the last couple of weeks you always came up with this grades for this and that and when you going back through your posts, i or you, can get the impression that you are not serious anymore... maybe not on purpose...
it think - this is not a joke - you should print a huge poster saying "i got to stick to my rules" and maybe just focus on one bit of your structure for like a week... for example one week just working on entries, and after weeks combining it into a whole...
but for a little while i have the impression that you are actually doing what ever you are usually doing and then you just post B-, D-, A, D + , or whatever your feeling of the current day is/was. but for some reason you never/hardly do what you know you should do....
--
i have stayed away from the markets for a couple of weeks and spend some time reading... i wasnt even looking at charts... this helped me a lot.... it feels like a reboot... maybe you should try to take a little break and get your mind clear because i think you already got what it takes to read the markets - it is just your lack of concentration and overtrying to be successfull.... you know better than most what the macds are telling you, you know what certain pictures and patterns tell you and you know - more or less - what to expect from the TF...
take a break, enjoy yourself, go out for dinner and take some vacation... you deserve it... then come back with a clear mind and start doing what you wanna do...
i think you are already in such a routine, repeating the same mistakes over and over again that it really doesnt matter if you are trading weeks without a pause or just one day because you already have your behaviour developed...
--
edit:
what also came to my mind while watching your videos is that you should focus more on bigger timerframes when getting into a trade... i know you wanna trade 144 tick but this chart is only good for entries when you are confirming your entries by looking at higher frames like 440 or 610, otherwise you end up with a lot of noise...
--
--
wild wishes
milton

How dare you sir!!!!

haha...

No, I agree.... 100%

I think it is a matter of -overwork-underwork- if that makes any sense...

I may just take your advice on the break! Sounds good to me considering all the other stuff I am doing...

Not a bad idea... Must dwell on it.

Per your comment on the longer term entries.. Yes, that is what I was doing today actually....

You don't see my other charts, but I was staring down the 1597t and 4181t charts! haha... That is why i was going short as the 144t was definitely not saying short!

Again, a really good comment. Much appreciated.

Thanked by:

Vincent Vega 
Beer Sheva,Israel

Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 54

ollivermilton View Post
--
--
--
edit:
--
--
wild wishes
milton

Good post.

“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”--Albert Einstein

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts