NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,706 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Ok, the better trade was long, I knew it, but I figured that the really good trade could be SHORT.

I am having difficulties getting reconnected, so not sure what ended up happening, but I quite right before a nice little wedge and breakout happened.

Wasn't feeling the love today, so I was smart and stopped trading.

It's Friday 13Th. I was scared to trade today.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

greenr View Post
Do you know of this trader, is this who you have adopted you trading method and style from?

He seems to do VERY well, makes me sick

No, he was a student. Been doing it a bit longer, but yes, he is doing well! He is a good guy.

He doesn't make me sick though. haha....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

bluemele View Post
No, he was a student. Been doing it a bit longer, but yes, he is doing well! He is a good guy.

He doesn't make me sick though. haha....

Ha HA you know what i mean, takes alot to pull off a 10-15 g trade

what do you mean student? of yours, is he using you method?

just curious :-D

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

greenr View Post
Ha HA you know what i mean, takes alot to pull off a 10-15 g trade

what do you mean student? of yours, is he using you method?

just curious :-D

Student of Masters Palace --> NFT a.k.a. Henry Roche.

We had the same 'coach'.

Henry Roche is currently evading the authorities, but in my mind he is an expert trader as I have sat with the guy and watched him. But, for some reason he has an immense amount of self-sabotage embedded in his sub-conscious and has decided that being a wanna-be criminal is best for him.

Horst is one of Henry's oldest students, but he also has years of experience beyond that. He is a good guy and has helped me a lot for free and on his own time and asks nothing in return except for me to turn to consistent profitability.

Thanked by:
 greenr 
london/england

bluemele View Post
Student of Masters Palace --> NFT a.k.a. Henry Roche.

We had the same 'coach'.

Henry Roche is currently evading the authorities, but in my mind he is an expert trader as I have sat with the guy and watched him. But, for some reason he has an immense amount of self-sabotage embedded in his sub-conscious and has decided that being a wanna-be criminal is best for him.

Horst is one of Henry's oldest students, but he also has years of experience beyond that. He is a good guy and has helped me a lot for free and on his own time and asks nothing in return except for me to turn to consistent profitability.

Got you thanks for the reply,

so next question, what mental barrier do you think is separating you from Horst and you consistent success as you are attacking from the same point of view. Do you think it is the exp he has over you as a trader?

I see on a site Horst if offering 6 places at $4g a pop to have 26 lessions. Do you believe he can turn people consistant?

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

greenr View Post

so next question, what mental barrier do you think is separating you from Horst and you consistent success as you are attacking from the same point of view. Do you think it is the exp he has over you as a trader?

I see on a site Horst if offering 6 places at $4g a pop to have 26 lessions. Do you believe he can turn people consistant?

I personally struggle with paying any 'pro' to 'turn' you into a trader. I personally do not believe that someone can point and you will listen or run. It is really up to you and my beliefs are that it takes time and confidence among many other things.

Will Horst's program be better than others. I would think not and the reason is because it is really up to the people, not JUST the teacher. (I hope I am wrong)

However, I do believe Horst is a better person than most vendors by far, but I struggle with why he is doing the whole vendor thing, but that is really his business. Big Mike is doing this as a business to make $, Horst is doing his thing to make money, who am I to judge why others must find a source of income off of traders, but I see a great many doing it.

I have always been a purist of sorts. If was a professional surfer, I would do that and nothing else. I would not sell lessons to newbie surfers for a fee... If I was not good enough to make it then I would not be on the tour.

HOWEVER, if a trader could be consistent and show entries and let traders follow or trade others accounts, than I would definitely jump on board that machine as I believe that is helping others make money. Teaching them to fish on their own is such a long journey and it takes so much of the student that it isn't as sure of a 'thing'.

I am rambling...hahah...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

greenr View Post

I wanted to answer your first question on what mental barrier.

I believe it is the mind accepting profitability.

greenr 
london/england

Would you be kind enough to share with us Horst teachings and opinions

And as of you last post, i think your 100% right. I think once you train you mind to stay focused on your system and probabilities and manage to get rid of all negative fear and emotion that comes with taking stops and winning trades. then you will be on the path to success

So easily said, but yet so hard to perform

Dam you trading demands

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

greenr View Post
Would you be kind enough to share with us Horst teachings and opinions

And as of you last post, i think your 100% right. I think once you train you mind to stay focused on your system and probabilities and manage to get rid of all negative fear and emotion that comes with taking stops and winning trades. then you will be on the path to success

So easily said, but yet so hard to perform

Dam you trading demands

I believe I couldn't. If you watch enough of my video's you will see what the general rules are...

Not a fan of teaching something that I am not already practicing in a way that others would deem 'profitable'. That be, trading live again with the method as well as very profitable.

Really it is mostly MACDBB + Price Action + Fibs... Sometimes you lean more on others and I tended to lean more on Fibs and MACDBB as those are the easier to understand when you start technical trading. Now, I am focusing more on PA than the others and hopefully end up smoothed out.

greenr 
london/england

bluemele View Post
I believe I couldn't. If you watch enough of my video's you will see what the general rules are...

Not a fan of teaching something that I am not already practicing in a way that others would deem 'profitable'. That be, trading live again with the method as well as very profitable.

Really it is mostly MACDBB + Price Action + Fibs... Sometimes you lean more on others and I tended to lean more on Fibs and MACDBB as those are the easier to understand when you start technical trading. Now, I am focusing more on PA than the others and hopefully end up smoothed out.

Can completely appreciate that, i understand from watching yours and Horst vids that you the method is find a trend use using fib retracements and extension with pure price action ect

could you go into more detail about the MACDBB indicator and how you using it, it looks like a MCAD indicator showing over sold/over bought, are you playing attention to the expansion of the DOTS (BANDS)? The Direction of the MACADBB and if its above or below the ZERO line ect?

are you watching for divergence and convergence patters?

Many thanks BLUEMELE

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts