NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,411 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
I think you did a great job today. Even if you lost money!

I couldn't trade today so it's hard to say what I would do.

I thought that you gonna go short at 3:07 around 825.5. That would be 100% extension I think. I was jumping in my chair watching it. "Get in!!! Get in!!!" but you didn't. I know that it didn't hit your area but as you said you can get your area from anywhere.

Then you got in trend following setup but it took you out because on my opinion you got in too late. When you go to continuation trade you should look for entries around Mid Band and your 144 and 233 should be weak and on your side of ZL (so it doesn't hit s/r on it's way in your favor).

Again I'm not a pro and I cannot tell you what you should do. I learning the same way that you do (from my mistakes).

I hope my comments will help you a little bit (or you can just ignore it)

I've made all those mistakes myself and still do. The only way we can be profitable we should find mistakes and learn how to control ourself to stay away from them.

Good luck!!!

Yes, indeed. The 50 is a tricky retracement as it is typically a bigger area to decide to get in which I seemingly forgot and I didn't wait for a bar setup. My fault, my stupidity at that point, but I knew it when I did it and part of me tried to pull back my finger from clicking..

The picture at 825.50 looked identical to the previous entry to me. So, I thought, this could be one of those days of up up up...

Then, when the bar setup happened it had already dropped a bit and I thought, I will wait. I think the best setup is where I placed the marker but didn't take the trade. That was pretty clear.

On the last trade, I agree. I honestly didn't look at 144 as I was focusing on another chart then jumped in and it had already run down too much. Just the way it works sometimes.

Thanks for the insight and I appreciate it.

Trade #1 I am ok with
Trade #2 was stupid
Trade #3 was not waiting for bar setup
Trade #4 (I didn't take it!!! Darn!)
Trade #5 (You are right, but I was asleep at the wheel)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
12 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I was uploading my video and the power went out, so I will do it later when power has stabilized.

Tough day for me as I wasn't trading my game. I was impatient and forcing the market short.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I am not doing what I am supposed to be doing. I am going to do what Ronbary has hinted for me to do which is build my trading plan and stick to it.

I continued trading after this just to see if I am 'seeing it' and I was up 900.00!

I am not waiting for the 76/deep pullbacks. I am forcing myself into the market before it is ready and I am doing pullback entries that I would never do.

I must stick with my trading plan or decide to change it. I think an interesting thing I am missing is the pullback entries into the longer term where I think the bigger FIB is going.

Today it was heading to either the 50% NORTH or the 89% south. I figured it was a day like the other day in which I would catch a never-retracing short down. That cost me today.

There were some nice trades had I waited... PATIENCE, follow the guidelines and go from there!

Took 5 trades. Not happy with performance. I am going back to not clicking for at least one week, no trading, just watching... Maybe placing an arrow to get a feeling for the direction.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Thanks for your videos!

I didn't do any good on Friday. I was so hungry to trade so I used all my four trades withing 20 minutes and then then I was just stupid clicking for another few hours. I know that it's bad and you can get bad habits doing it, but I just wanted to let it out and click it as many time as I want.

What I really wanted to say that I never told you to go short when 987 is on the rail to the upside. And to get into continuation trade you should see trend to continue first (not in choppy condition without any direction). Continuation trades are good if you missed entry and get in on the weak pull back to the mid band or even add to your position.

I will probably start my thread next week and post my trades. That way we can learn from each other. (You are gonna see a lot of your mistakes in my trading)

Thanks again! You are doing a great job on your videos!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Thanks for your videos!

I didn't do any good on Friday. I was so hungry to trade so I used all my four trades withing 20 minutes and then then I was just stupid clicking for another few hours. I know that it's bad and you can get bad habits doing it, but I just wanted to let it out and click it as many time as I want.

What I really wanted to say that I never told you to go short when 987 is on the rail to the upside. And to get into continuation trade you should see trend to continue first (not in choppy condition without any direction). Continuation trades are good if you missed entry and get in on the weak pull back to the mid band or even add to your position.

I will probably start my thread next week and post my trades. That way we can learn from each other. (You are gonna see a lot of your mistakes in my trading)

Thanks again! You are doing a great job on your videos!!!

Yes, I saw the 987 on the rail as well. I was overly aggressive, not blaming you, but did change my style a bit, but not a bad thing as it takes time to learn to get in on continuation trades. Something I used to actually do but gave up because I would end up giving so many gifts...

I think something you said has me thinking to that instead of always trying to hit the pivot, that unless the picture is 100% AWESOME to just relax and hit the pullback for the picture to clean itself up some.

I am excited for your thread. You know what you are doing.

@vovan348 about the clicking!!!! Yup, I did the same thing the other day! Just click click click and well a little bit of cussing at the screen, but just to get it turned on, nothing hateful. haha...

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Interesting how if I just watch the longer term charts, how much more calm I am and also how easy I see the good setup.

Let's see if this continues.

Just watching and placing the occasional arrow and just watching the price action.

Video is a bit boring, no orders..

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Wow, today had some nice movement!

I have come to 2 conclusions:

1. Not being responsible to actually trade and 'be right' is an amazing release and allows my brain to actually focus on the technicals.

2. Something my coach would say, "The market is people". I realize now, more than ever that everyone is just like me "is it up or is it down" and waiting to see which side the weight falls.

I know I have had those revelations before, but this was great and slapped me in the face with that conclusion all over again.

No trading, just watching:

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Wow, placing arrows has been good to me. I think 2 things for the way I am trading:

1. Market conditions are a bit smoother from the Holiday period.

2. I am actually relaxed and just enjoying watching the charts and learning.

Instead of a tug-o-war, I am just dancing again.

Video is nice today:

Thanked by:

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Big Charts
Trading: E-mini, Forex, Futures, Equities, Options
Thanks Given: 578
Thanks Received: 378

bluemele View Post
Instead of a tug-o-war, I am just dancing again.

Wow, your analysis and chart reading was really good today...awesome!

Instead of but ....I see what you mean.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

bluemele View Post
I paid 7k not 10k, but regardless I don't put that into the equation.

This is not a trend traders system and I am not the perfect example student, so please do not use me as the 'example of the system' etc..

Yes, there is a lot in which I am missing and yes, I understand what you are saying.

How do you put positive 'expectancy' on an almost fully discretionary system?

Well, you could start by checking your PnL for this thread. Go over charts, use market replay on various kinds of days etc...

I am not judging your performance, or system for that matter, I just thought I'd voice my opinion.

One thing that has struck me while watching your videos, is that you devote so much of your screen real estate to your indicators, and barely a quarter to price itself. I could never trade without "looking left" for some reference points... A daily chart for major S/R also helps..

Good trading!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts