NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,706 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

Larry
Montreal

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

bluemele View Post

I truly hope these conditions do not last too long as it seems that the volume is light on prices and or orders are getting pulled like mad.

I must say TF has been very wild lately. I am used to be in and out of a trade and when it was taking about 1 to 2 min I tought this was quick but today I was able to set a new record for a very quick trade of almost 2 points it lasted exactly 6 seconds.

You need to be very quick and be able to spot patterns quickly you only have a few seconds to trigger your trade, fortunately I have a few years of experience behind me.

Good luck in your quest of daytrading TF.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I agree it has been a wild ride and glad you are doing well with it. After watching Horst's video it just makes me happy that some people are prospering where I am still limiting my self.

Thanks for sharing! Hope you can contribute more.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, finally a day I can walk away with some points. It was clearly short to me but the open was a bit quick so I waited, hit a nice trendline bounce after giving some gifts and voila. Done. I could have held it to my target, but it looked like it was going to bounce too much which it did. It did finally hit the 76 target though.

I held a gift today! I watched it go right through me, but I kept my stop in place. It kind of hurt and I didn't like it. But, I felt it was short, so I stuck to it. I am very proud of myself for that.

I also held my target longer. I calculated the difference and I am up 8 ticks over the way I typically trade. Not a lot, but better.

Video

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Well done today!!!

That was a really short morning!!!

Great video!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Today is a perfect example of good intentions gone awry.

1. I could have walked away +1.9 points for the day. Data took 35 minutes to load today! My reloaded charts made me goof and I would have entered 5 ticks above where I entered my 2nd trade.

2. I fell in love with the separation on the 1597 and decided I was going to force it down. I didn't trade what I saw and the PENGUIN showed up on the 987.

3. I figured it was long on the long term, but I was looking for shorts?

4. I feel great, because for me, this is a TERRIBLE Day and yet I didn't give up all that much.

5. I continued to trade (didn't work out for me today), but I called the first several pivots!

6. I moved my stop to be+1 on the one that counted. Cost me 3-4 points. Funny as I forced myself to keep my boundaries (which I would ordinarily never do) when it didn't work for me and when it did work out for me, I did move my stop! aaarrrrgggghhhh.... What is the luck in that! haha..

7. Had I realized that trade #11 went to BE, I probably would have exited, but I was too concerned with wrestling with the market. Amateur mistake.

All-n-all, I am not upset even though it was a tough day. I am happy with the way I am evolving but I just didn't want to listen tot he market. Funny actually as I kept telling myself that any shorts were futile but I 'had to be right!'. "I'll get you Mr. Market!!!" haha...

I listened to all this in my head and a while ago I couldn't even hear it. I also felt my anger go up a bit, but I am not angry. It is only money and only one day in a course of many. I believe I have to have days like this to teach me my lessons. Wake-up, trade what you see.

An inch away from a 4 point day. Had I not been changing my style to go for longer runs, I would probably have been about BE for the day. I would rather be -2.9 then BE at this point as I need to grow.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Just realized it is a holiday. I would not trade a Holiday, but since I am still sim I didn't realize it. NO HOLIDAY TRADING!

Thank you Columbus for killing thousands of indigenous people and bringing great wealth back to Europe.

Oh, sorry, Thank you Columbus for finding America and saving the savages from themselves!

Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Just realized it is a holiday. I would not trade a Holiday, but since I am still sim I didn't realize it. NO HOLIDAY TRADING!

Thank you Columbus for killing thousands of indigenous people and bringing great wealth back to Europe.

Oh, sorry, Thank you Columbus for finding America and saving the savages from themselves!

I noticed tabs for different instruments have shown up under Horst's primary NT chart. Hmmm.

How 'bout that Columbus...they didn't have the WHEEL here before he came! Also, Columbus didn't trade on Columbus Day. :^)

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
I noticed tabs for different instruments have shown up under Horst's primary NT chart. Hmmm.

How 'bout that Columbus...they didn't have the WHEEL here before he came!

Yes, secret indicator and I don't have it to give away.

Maybe with NT8.0 it will have stuff like that. We can only hope and of course that is 3 years away I am sure.

I can wait. Need time to work with NT7.0

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, my goal is to hold my stops, let my profit targets run.

Well, I did both and boy did it cost me today. These types of market conditions will eat you up if you decide the wrong direction. Had I traded my old way, I would have been closer to BE, but that doesn't replace the fact that I refused to go long when the price action was screaming at me to go long.

Worst day in a VERY VERY long time and probably my 3rd worst day ever. No excuses, but working on my stops is a challenge for me to not to want to go back and do my old ways right now.

Thoughts are splashing through my head that, "I was doing well with the style I had developed, why are you changing it?", "Ok, no big deal, I can recover from this", "You are slipping, go back to your other method and just get the 2-3 points per day and be done", "maybe you are not meant to capture 5+ point runs and it isn't in your DNA" etc.. etc..

Holding my stops and even extending my stops killed me today. It took many days profit away and I refused to wake up and go long. So, now do I continue to hold my stops even when I think the market has turned against me or do I keep them thinking this is just a poor market condition and poor trade management direction? hmmmm......

Video

Larry
Montreal

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

bluemele View Post

Thanks for sharing! Hope you can contribute more.

I can start by telling you (no offense) that if I would use the charts and indicators you have I would be lost and probably lose money, also when you find a system that works you don't bother trying to sell it as you make enough money, that's why I can't post any charts or anything related to my system.

I don't know a thing about this system but mine is based on price patterns and I don't use tick charts as way too much noise in them. I use an expensive addon on Ninjatrader and few indicators some where custom build or modified from existing ones for my needs.

I am not here to sell you anything but I would advise you to look for something better as you need to be able to see and recognize patterns, only then you will be able to have an edge on the market.

I hope this will help you in your quest for better tradings.

P.S I only daytrade TF and look at ES, I don't know a thing about any other instruments or systems that currently exists, the reason being very simple I make good money with my system why would I bother testing others.

Good Luck

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts