NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

lambo777 
costa mesa

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

I know this isn't the right section to ask this but im new to this forum and i've been looking for where i can get the answer to this question and i haven't found anything yet. maybe im looking in the wrong places.>>> Question: Where can i find instructions on how to read this chart. or the ZipZap pattern that is supplied for metatrader4???? thank you so much!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	50927  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

lambo777 View Post
I know this isn't the right section to ask this but im new to this forum and i've been looking for where i can get the answer to this question and i haven't found anything yet. maybe im looking in the wrong places.>>> Question: Where can i find instructions on how to read this chart. or the ZipZap pattern that is supplied for metatrader4???? thank you so much!!!

Good question. I do not know but my guess is to google for that indicator to see what comes up.

Or, you could go to front of futures.io (formerly BMT) forum and post a 'question' by clicking the button and going through all that, or find a currencies thread and try that.

Good luck.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

lambo777 View Post

I think BM gonna move it somewhere else, but this looks pretty close to your picture:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/user/fxfrms[/yt]
You should try to contact him.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Larry
Montreal

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 45

lambo777 View Post

Looks like what they called harmonic patterns you have a few like, Gartley Butterfly and many more, way too complicated it is from my point of view.

I prefer using simpler pattern type of ABC's. Anyway useless if you don't know how to count waves but that it's another story as you also need the right time frames, I can say 1 thing though you can't really apply these on tick charts.

Good Luck

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Larry View Post
Looks like what they called harmonic patterns you have a few like, Gartley Butterfly and many more, way too complicated it is from my point of view.

I prefer using simpler pattern type of ABC's. Anyway useless if you don't know how to count waves but that it's another story as you also need the right time frames, I can say 1 thing though you can't really apply these on tick charts.

Good Luck

Yes, I looked at them and they seemed quite complicated, but interesting.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Mixed emotions over my trading today. I am doing my best to focus on the longer term charts, but I was mixed on which direction it would most likely go. I traded the way I have been trading and I think the biggest challenge I had today was continuing to trade, but the other entries were higher risk.

That was a never ending long which was surprising to me, but so it goes...

I tried holding the long a bit longer, but I got knocked out on the re-entry. Normally I would have been out at 1.5 points, but I stuck to my guns. Now, am I upset, well, part of me says, however you get to 3 points doesn't matter. I will continue with longer runs, holding my stops and continue to trade when it is clear.

Video

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Mixed emotions over my trading today. I am doing my best to focus on the longer term charts, but I was mixed on which direction it would most likely go. I traded the way I have been trading and I think the biggest challenge I had today was continuing to trade, but the other entries were higher risk.

That was a never ending long which was surprising to me, but so it goes...

I tried holding the long a bit longer, but I got knocked out on the re-entry. Normally I would have been out at 1.5 points, but I stuck to my guns. Now, am I upset, well, part of me says, however you get to 3 points doesn't matter. I will continue with longer runs, holding my stops and continue to trade when it is clear.

Great job today!!!! Well done!

You are right. It doesn't matter how you get your goal!!! You can take 10 trades for 3 ticks each, or just one for 3 points. Difference only in commissions.

Keep it up!!!

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Tough day for me but I am not upset at all. The entire time I remained in control.

I read the long term pretty well, but I couldn't seem to get the right entries. No fill's killed me today and the big long bars.

I truly hope these conditions do not last too long as it seems that the volume is light on prices and or orders are getting pulled like mad.

The later trading was a choppy mess. I was long, gift, long, gift, then I decided to wait, then it went. haha...

And, I got knocked out on the tick on a nice 3 point run at the open which was a challenge.

All-n-all, I saw it reasonably well, just my entries and management were pretty poor.

Video

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

That was a long session for you!

As long as you can stay green you do well!!! For me it's a challenge to think straight after so many trades!

Great job!!!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
That was a long session for you!

As long as you can stay green you do well!!! For me it's a challenge to think straight after so many trades!

Great job!!!

I took quite a few breaks with breakfast wrapped in-between. I didn't hang out the whole time and sped up market so I had time to trade and waited for it to get to my area and then started looking again. I didn't expect the market to continue up the way it did and it was pretty rangy up top. O well....

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts