NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,750 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Ok, I do not trade on contract swithover date or the next day, but I would sim trade no problem.

What a clear day. Today I pretty much took 90% of the trades I would normally take and voila.

I had to speed up the market to get the trading in as I have important things to do today anyways, plus a sick child and going o less sleep.

If only I could do this on every day.

Sorry about the volume again on the vid, not really worth watching in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	217.5 KB
ID:	48802  
Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: Untitled.mp4
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
77 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
55 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
38 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
The Program
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Today I didn't do replay but just was evaluating the market live and I saw a perfect entry and I couldn't resist. I had 100 contracts filled and that is why the entry is quite high. I put it on about a 1 point lower.

Ignore the profits as I was playing around w/ getting filled on 1,000 contracts last night. Just playing with the # of contracts and watching the $ go up and it is a nice feeling to see you up 1M for the day etc.. It is possible, just not sure on TF without some big stops.

Again, this would only be sim as never a day I would trade. (Anymore, I have learned my lesson)

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	172
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	48891  
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, normally I would beat myself up for getting out, but I am not feeling well and PW gave me some good advice a few weeks ago. Be happy.

I just got knocked out on my first entry and got in a bit late (hesitated) and was lucky it was a nice trend with no pullback. My brain is a bit foggy with fever, but not too bad.

Very clear trading day!

Video

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	135
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	49064  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, I missed the entry slightly but caught it a little bit late. Nice trending day and I could have done quite well today. What a beautiful market we are in! So very clear.

I wanted to take a short but I was already in the long.

Video

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, today was a land of missed opportunities. I kept hearing in the back of my head, "Don't lose today it will end a nice streak" which is never ever good to keep hearing... I even considered not trading.

I took 2 breaks today in my trading. I was just hesitating and had some back luck on one trade while another trade was just dumb.

Took a few too many trades, but I thought for certain after I ended my video that a good trade was coming, but I had no idea! I don't know what got into the market, but it locked up my NinjaTrader and did some funky monkey stuff to where I just wanted to exit as I realized that my platform was locking up. It wouldn't even let me exit which is unusual.

I am content with today, but the good action happened after I stopped.

Video

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	143
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	49306  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Wow, I am very happy with my limited # of trades and making some points. Had a no fill and didn't even let it register for long as I 'moved on' in my head. That would have been very nice and thinking about it now, I was not paying attention when my setup was there.

I also goofed on moving my stop. I was playing around with it on a higher timeframe chart and not watching the darn 144 chart and dropped it thinking I will just move it down later and started to move it again and it retraced.

I have to let it ride and be ok with it.

Video

bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

bluemele View Post
Wow, I am very happy with my limited # of trades and making some points. Had a no fill and didn't even let it register for long as I 'moved on' in my head. That would have been very nice and thinking about it now, I was not paying attention when my setup was there.

I also goofed on moving my stop. I was playing around with it on a higher timeframe chart and not watching the darn 144 chart and dropped it thinking I will just move it down later and started to move it again and it retraced.

I have to let it ride and be ok with it.

Video

keep up the good work.. consistency is the key...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

bugsbunny View Post
keep up the good work.. consistency is the key...

Exactly, something I didn't appreciate before.

The 'trick' now for me is to be able to let winners run longer so I can hit that 3-5 point range more often. However, when I do that in the past I end up letting a 3 point winner knock me out again and again as I am just counter-trend trading. (When I don't see the trend properly)

So... I have to 'trick' my mind to let go and agree that I now have more experience and to let go of those previous losses (unfortunately LIVE not SIM) and trade what I see. Trade what I see... Trade what I see...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Well, a rangy morning but still clear vision and good trades. I am trading what I see.

I got a bit fixated on my previous trades as I was talking about them and not watching the charts. I realized again from @GaryD how important studying the charts prior and really getting a grasp on where the price is headed is so important. Thanks for the reminder. I used to do that, but got lazy.

This is work folks, it feels like work, of course work I enjoy! I haven't had a 'job' in 12 years and I can't imagine doing that stuff again where you hate your job, boss, etc.. Of course those days are gone.

Work is getting a bit more stressful these days and I will have to put in more effort as we break ground, but this will recharge my account so I can go live again with enough to feel comfortable again.

Two trades today, both good in my book. Glad I stopped trading.

Oh, I am up on my goal spreadsheet as you can see. When both (20d and 60d) of those reach 2.0, I am going live.

Video

Attached Thumbnails

Views:	156
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	49452  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, I am down for the day, but happy with my trading. It is ok, today was unusual and yes, I took trades that were higher risk, but I knew it when I took them. I need to be patient to just wait for the trendlines and or major fibs. Could have ended day up .7 points, and that is a net difference of 1.1 points!

However, I am happy that I didn't stop and that I continued on. I wasn't feeling emotions of 'missing out', 'I need to make money today', but more of, if the setup is there and I think I am seeing it then I will take it. I expected the bottom to break through, but oh well!

Video

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts