NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,411 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
I should start my thread I just thought I should get better before I do that.

Yesterday I took six trades and made 1.5 point per contract but I always count fees ($5 r/t) so that would be $120 net profit. I made a rule for myself 4 trades a day but yesterday I wasn't so happy and tried 2 more times but without giving anything back. I moved my stop loss to +1tick and I thought if does take me out that's fine if it goes in my favor I'll make some more.

Today I had four trades and made 5.3 points ($510 net). I think I just got lucky today because I've never made that much (my max was 4.8 pts)

All my trade are sim trades. I don't trade real money for now.
Attachment 39857

Attachment 39858

Attachment 39859

Attachment 39860

Also, you should record your videos! Try Hypercam2 as it is free! It will record multiple screens as well (which for youtube doesn't work very well).

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage. How to get the platfor …
EasyLanguage Programming
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Awesome! That was a good day for you.

I don't see the areas though from your trades. You seem to be hitting all the pivots or when the bb's got back onto the bands, but not say a 50%, 76% only etc..? Were you doing extensions?

I think it would be good to add your own to mine or start your own journal (I really don't care), and I think it could be useful to collaborate some.

My max per contract was 18.9!

18.9 is a lot I think I'm still far away from that!

I did some collaboration for you. So My first trade I took at 38% retracement because I thought that it's gonna be a 38% bear flag and second one I took at 50% around mid band you can see it here:

Here is my profit target and a reason for a third trade trade. It was also 89% retracement from yesterday low to today's high. You can see it at 440 chart. And my last trade was after pull back to double bottom area with divergence at the same 89% area.

And I exited when I saw that it couldn't brake back up through the 50% after pull back.

I hope you can see the areas now! ( But I don't really care)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post

I did some collaboration for you. So My first trade I took at 38% retracement because I thought that it's gonna be a 38% bear flag and second one I took at 50% around mid band you can see it here:
Attachment 39886

Here is my profit target and a reason for a third trade trade. It was also 89% retracement from yesterday low to today's high. You can see it at 440 chart. And my last trade was after pull back to double bottom area with divergence at the same 89% area.
Attachment 39887 Attachment 39888

And I exited when I saw that it couldn't brake back up through the 50% after pull back.
Attachment 39889

Very nice! Good for you! Keep it up!

Why do you feel the area where I took a long today was not an area of support? Just curious on your thoughts?

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post

Attachment 39886

Attachment 39887 Attachment 39888

Attachment 39889

Cool. I see your videos on Youtube. Very nice. I didn't realize you are an eminiacademy follower. I am not too familiar with them, but good for you.

You did very well today and yesterday. Keep it up! Your areas you mention are not one's I would ever take typically as 50% seem to be more losers than winners, but the MACD's looked very nice on your short though.

Keep me posted on your success!

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Cool. I see your videos on Youtube. Very nice. I didn't realize you are an eminiacademy follower. I am not too familiar with them, but good for you.

You did very well today and yesterday. Keep it up! Your areas you mention are not one's I would ever take typically as 50% seem to be more losers than winners, but the MACD's looked very nice on your short though.

Keep me posted on your success!

EA is the same with NFT. The difference is they take only trades with the trend at he pull back to mid band and don't take reversals at all.

At your trades this morning I understand that you saw pull back from 23% to the deep and there was a gap to the up side also but didn't you see that price couldn't brake though the 23%? After it made a deep down it made a deep to the up side from that little move down (or even double top). What I think if it cannot brake through the top go short. And then it started to make lower highs and lower lows. You said in your video that market has more power down and you still took long. Why you didn't even try to take one short and get your fibs from yesterday.

I mean I know that feeling. You open up your charts and you have something in your had. A plan you want to follow and when you see that it doesn't go according your plan you still think " now it's gonna work" and it goes in your head over and over and you loose money over and over. You should look at the charts in the morning and try to plan it in both directions. You deffinetely didn't expect it to go down.

I open my charts at the open for a last week or so and that keeps me away from those premarket thoughts. I start my trading with fresh head and I keep my mind open for any direction.

Another thing. When you go for reversal it works much better if you see price came out of the channels first. That's something RosdaBoss told me. He said that He likes those setups and Horst trades them a lot. But you need to see MACDs in your favor or nice divergence.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
EA is the same with NFT. The difference is they take only trades with the trend at he pull back to mid band and don't take reversals at all.

At your trades this morning I understand that you saw pull back from 23% to the deep and there was a gap to the up side also but didn't you see that price couldn't brake though the 23%? After it made a deep down it made a deep to the up side from that little move down (or even double top). What I think if it cannot brake through the top go short. And then it started to make lower highs and lower lows. You said in your video that market has more power down and you still took long. Why you didn't even try to take one short and get your fibs from yesterday.

I mean I know that feeling. You open up your charts and you have something in your had. A plan you want to follow and when you see that it doesn't go according your plan you still think " now it's gonna work" and it goes in your head over and over and you loose money over and over. You should look at the charts in the morning and try to plan it in both directions. You deffinetely didn't expect it to go down.

I open my charts at the open for a last week or so and that keeps me away from those premarket thoughts. I start my trading with fresh head and I keep my mind open for any direction.

Another thing. When you go for reversal it works much better if you see price came out of the channels first. That's something RosdaBoss told me. He said that He likes those setups and Horst trades them a lot. But you need to see MACDs in your favor or nice divergence.

Yes, good points. I took a look at eminiacademy a long time ago.

All good points.

I actually did have targets for entries on heading south, but my issue is that I have a difficult time getting into the trend as the MACD's typically 'slide off' with little warning and if it is a reversal I will make gift gift gift before I realize I have a new high!

I used to do that and when market conditions changed it goofed on it quite a bit. My main issue is to not let one market 'cycle' screw me up for good.

All good points and I think continuation trades are great, but challenging.

I did see it not break the 23% and I figured it could go down to the 50 or even deeper. I will start sharing my plan more clearly as I do not 'force' a direction but wait. I just wait for the clearest and closest set up for which direction 'it could' go and I take it from there. Had I taken my short out of the gates today then I would have done well, but I was mainly just watching the 610, 987 instead of watching the price action.

Plus, had I been working on the 440 it showed me where the entries were! I just wasn't listening.

Lornz 
Oslo, Norway

Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Trading: CL

I have debating whether or not to write this post, but as someone asked if buying a $2000 course would be a good idea, I feel the need to give my two cents...

I have read this journal sporadically, and I have a couple of thoughts.

First of all, it seems you often try to call tops and catch falling knives. I can see you enter when price is clearly trending downwards, and you also use a relatively tight stop which easily shakes you out. You also tend to reenter almost immediately after, getting stopped out once again.

Why wouldn't you use a bigger stop, thus allowing the trade some room to be able to work...?

I did not know your method is based on a payed course until recently. I can understand the unwillingness to question a method if one has spent $10 000 on it, but can you verify the method's positive expectancy over time?
I do not mean to sound harsh, but I fail to see what "edge" MACDBB on several Fibonacci based tick charts offers.... What is the rationale for using such an approach?

Personally, I think you'd be much better off watching a pure price chart for a few months. I often see things in your videos that you seem to miss, probably due to information overload.

Again, this is just my humble opinion, and I'm just trying to help out.

It would be better to get an understanding of the underlying dynamics of the market, not just watching different indicators...

Cheers

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Lornz View Post
I have debating whether or not to write this post, but as someone asked if buying a $2000 course would be a good idea, I feel the need to give my two cents...

I have read this journal sporadically, and I have a couple of thoughts.

First of all, it seems you often try to call tops and catch falling knives. I can see you enter when price is clearly trending downwards, and you also use a relatively tight stop which easily shakes you out. You also tend to reenter almost immediately after, getting stopped out once again.

Why wouldn't you use a bigger stop, thus allowing the trade some room to be able to work...?

I did not know your method is based on a payed course until recently. I can understand the unwillingness to question a method if one has spent $10 000 on it, but can you verify the method's positive expectancy over time?
I do not mean to sound harsh, but I fail to see what "edge" MACDBB on several Fibonacci based tick charts offers.... What is the rationale for using such an approach?

Personally, I think you'd be much better off watching a pure price chart for a few months. I often see things in your videos that you seem to miss, probably due to information overload.

Again, this is just my humble opinion, and I'm just trying to help out.

It would be better to get an understanding of the underlying dynamics of the market, not just watching different indicators...

Cheers

I paid 7k not 10k, but regardless I don't put that into the equation.

This is not a trend traders system and I am not the perfect example student, so please do not use me as the 'example of the system' etc..

Yes, there is a lot in which I am missing and yes, I understand what you are saying.

How do you put positive 'expectancy' on an almost fully discretionary system?

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ouch again!

I didn't wait for a bar setup today on the first 3 trades. I made 4 trades today, and the tricky part was that it just hit my stop on a retrace of a continuation which is just 'tough luck'.

The market went from slow to very nice and I couldn't mentally catch up. I was looking for shorts but patience cost me on the pivot.

Video

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	39946  
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Ouch again!

I didn't wait for a bar setup today on the first 3 trades. I made 4 trades today, and the tricky part was that it just hit my stop on a retrace of a continuation which is just 'tough luck'.

The market went from slow to very nice and I couldn't mentally catch up. I was looking for shorts but patience cost me on the pivot.

I think you did a great job today. Even if you lost money!

I couldn't trade today so it's hard to say what I would do.

I thought that you gonna go short at 3:07 around 825.5. That would be 100% extension I think. I was jumping in my chair watching it. "Get in!!! Get in!!!" but you didn't. I know that it didn't hit your area but as you said you can get your area from anywhere.

Then you got in trend following setup but it took you out because on my opinion you got in too late. When you go to continuation trade you should look for entries around Mid Band and your 144 and 233 should be weak and on your side of ZL (so it doesn't hit s/r on it's way in your favor).

Again I'm not a pro and I cannot tell you what you should do. I learning the same way that you do (from my mistakes).

I hope my comments will help you a little bit (or you can just ignore it)

I've made all those mistakes myself and still do. The only way we can be profitable we should find mistakes and learn how to control ourself to stay away from them.

Good luck!!!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts