NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Finally! haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
22 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
20 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Big Mike View Post

Hey, you can't think this way. Not if you want to succeed. If you are finding success is not coming, then redefine success so that you can be successful with something less than 'net profit'. Ask yourself what your strengths and weaknesses are after reviewing your six months of journal entries. Formulate a plan to play to strengths and minimize weaknesses. Actively work it, use feedback like post it notes or alarms, be accountable - set up rewards as well as penalties for failing to accomplish tasks --- like if you are over trading maybe no TV for you If you followed your plan well then reward is whatever you enjoy, etc.

It's the small things that will get you there.

Mike

Mike,

Good point. I didn't mean it as "I will never be successful" but more of a "I am on this journey no matter what".

This is a good point, I feel I am not doing what I need to be doing and have been given some great advice. Patience is my key issue and I am click click click happy. I don't watch TV so... Hmmm. No Breathing for 10 days. haha...

I will see what I come up with.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, not the best entry on my 2nd trade.

First trade was decent but it had one more 'pop' in it. Technically it didn't meet Horst's criteria, so I could have chosen to stay out.

Third trade was, well, I knew too early.... I took the risk anyways.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Trend is up, didn't see a great long, so I took the shorts again.

Maybe I am taking shorts as I am seeing the economy being so 'down' but yet the market is up up up up. QE is obvious, but I have to decide to move on.

I think I have been officially banned from New Futures Trading as I can't login to see Horst trade any longer. Too bad as I enjoyed watching his magic. Probably for keeping this journal or probably not participating. I don't really care much.

The training kept changing over time and now it is all about 'trailing bands' or something. Seems like every few months the system needs a tweak to find something to talk about or something to notice. When you have a service, I guess you have to keep it fresh. I do not believe the indicators are the 'magic' and that it is within the trader and just time learning the market flow while not picking up bad habits.

Per Horst, I see being loyal as a good reason to help Henry, but I guess I believe that people move through their own path with a certain amount of respect for those that helped them. I wish them all the best and hopefully more will be trading live and profitable soon WITH Horst.

1st trade was impatience, 2nd trade was woowoo until it knocked me out, 3rd trade was better self control.

video

I have still been evaluating playing with OIL (CL) as the runs are bigger and hitting 2-3 points is easier. But, I have to see how many trades I can make in that time. 3 trades on Oil could be a challenge.

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

Hey Bluemele,

How can they ban you?

I thought that you were a paying customer..........that seems crazy.....besides......you haven't done anything to merit banning.....have you?

Jeff

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Jeff Castille View Post
Hey Bluemele,

How can they ban you?

I thought that you were a paying customer..........that seems crazy.....besides......you haven't done anything to merit banning.....have you?

Jeff

Banning is probably a strong word. Could be a technical issue for the week or just tired of me continuing on with my bad habits. ;0

I think Henry means well, but he is a strict coach, like a coach probably should be.

I do believe he is a profitable trader to this day, but for some reason he wants to help others and sort of be 'worshiped'. I never really understood that, but I work with a person now who is VERY political. I was never a 'have to be popular' type of person so I don't get it and that is just my own background and perspective.

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

bluemele View Post
Banning is probably a strong word. Could be a technical issue for the week or just tired of me continuing on with my bad habits. ;0

I think Henry means well, but he is a strict coach, like a coach probably should be.

I do believe he is a profitable trader to this day, but for some reason he wants to help others and sort of be 'worshiped'. I never really understood that, but I work with a person now who is VERY political. I was never a 'have to be popular' type of person so I don't get it and that is just my own background and perspective.

Ahhhhh.......I see.......this must be a teaching approach that I am not familiar with......the old "ignore the student approach"........

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Jeff Castille View Post
Ahhhhh.......I see.......this must be a teaching approach that I am not familiar with......the old "ignore the student approach"........

Thanks Jeff, but to be fare, technically he has committed to his end of the bargain which was 1 year for x dollars. So, me staying over was something at his will which was a nice surprise. I know Henry has gone through a lot of changes in his life and has challenges like us all with limited time and resources to really do what we all want to do.

I personally would like to see him trade live and make money. To me, that is the greatest motivator of all and the most interesting to learn from. I learn watching surfers surf, golfers golf and playing the game myself.

I am never a fan of the vendor format, but some people feel that is a great way to do it and for different reasons, but I guess I have decided that it isn't for me to judge.

Thanks for reading and I appreciate your feedback and as they say, life goes on. Or, "It is what it is..."

On the good side, my wife continues to be profitable daily now for over a month straight, but she is trading for about 1 point a day taking 5 tick winners. It is actually surprising how well she is doing, but I asked her to not go live trading until she does it for 2 months live market (sim @ 3:30am in the morning!) and with 10 contracts instead of the typical 3 she trades. Should be interesting and I may post her results.

Thanked by:
ronbary
Israel

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Blue ,

i want to set up my MACDBB indicator and learn how to use it

i have also the MACDBB like you

1) what is the settings for the MACD you have ?

2) what is the setting for the BB you have ?

thanks

Ron

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

ronbary View Post
Hi Blue ,

i want to set up my MACDBB indicator and learn how to use it

i have also the MACDBB like you

1) what is the settings for the MACD you have ?

2) what is the setting for the BB you have ?

thanks

Ron

Here you go.

Also, right click on that indicator and set default if you want multiples.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	37735  

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts