NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,508 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

Are you and Orin using the 144t MCADBB`s for entires....??

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
38 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

greenr View Post
Are you and Orin using the 144t MCADBB`s for entires....??

It depends, but yes. 144t for final entry screen on review. I don't know about Orin.

If I was trading CL, I would be using 233t minimum.

No trading on Friday for me, enjoyed the oversleeping!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Entries: D-
Trade Management: B

I had two targets and I got out at the first target and then got squeezed out again. I had a nice target short, but there was a lot of pushing up. Something that I am now learning is to focus on the longer term targets, but I am not used to the up/down to get to my actual target and I get emotionally shaken out.

I also tried to get into the good moving shorts, but could not get filled, so I just stayed out. Tough couple months for me as my entries are getting worse but my management is getting better. When the two are aligned I will find bliss.

Video

ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 76

hey blue!
--
i just watched your video to ca. 20 min...
--
i think what would help you a lot to get better on track is that you just focus on like three trades for each session...
i think you are overdoing it with your entries on sim and you "marked entries"... i know that you wanna point out what would have worked and what not, but i think the way you are doing it has not really an effect on your learning curve, because after a minute your brain has already deleted it because - thats my impression - you are not really serious about it... you are doing it like " maybe i could try this and that". you should only take trades that you are serious about and really believe in.

also you SL action is a little bit confusing to me... because when you really believe that this is the area to enter a trade then you should give the trade a little room to develop... it doesnt make sense to reduce the SL to like 2 - 3 ticks... you generally should think of being more flexible with SL and sometimes you need to have more than just 5 ticks depending on your entry and the last pivot... instead of entering a trade 3 times in a similar area you should just use a little bigger stop. it would save you a lot of grey hairs .

remember my last post when i said you are trading not like you would be with cash...? period... your first trades proved that...

then you are - just my guessing as i dont see your other screens and you didnt mention the bigger frames - mainly trading the 144... forget the 144... you are trading a lot of white noise... look at bigger frames and work with them and just use 144 for final entries... this will reduce your quantity of trades and raise your quality of choices which entries to pick and which to leave out...

also i recommend you using fibs for at least getting an idea of which area you are just in... especially on higher timeframes...
--
i think the best idea is to create a "futures.io (formerly BMT) SIM Account" with like 10000$ and then just try to like double or tripple it by just trading two contracts.... you then also post after each session your statements...
you should work on really having a structure which to put into practice... this is really hard... but this makes - at least for me - more sense than just trading like "i try this and i try that... "
you then will just do three trades and you are done but you put much more thought, knowledge and energy in your trades which will give you - simply because of that - much more thought, knowledge and experience as a return back no matter if your trades are successfull or not... but this is worth much more than just trading like a automatic scalping sytem...
--
keep on rocking!

wild wishes
milton

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Vincent Vega 
Beer Sheva,Israel

Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 54

ollivermilton View Post
hey blue!
--
--
i think what would help you a lot to get better on track is that you just focus on like three trades for each session...
i think you are overdoing it with your entries on sim and you "marked entries"... i know that you wanna point out what would have worked and what not, but i think the way you are doing it has not really an effect on your learning curve, because after a minute your brain has already deleted it because - thats my impression - you are not really serious about it... you are doing it like " maybe i could try this and that". you should only take trades that you are serious about and really believe in.

also you SL action is a little bit confusing to me... because when you really believe that this is the area to enter a trade then you should give the trade a little room to develop... it doesnt make sense to reduce the SL to like 2 - 3 ticks... you generally should think of being more flexible with SL and sometimes you need to have more than just 5 ticks depending on your entry and the last pivot... instead of entering a trade 3 times in a similar area you should just use a little bigger stop. it would save you a lot of grey hairs .

remember my last post when i said you are trading not like you would be with cash...? period... your first trades proved that...

then you are - just my guessing as i dont see your other screens and you didnt mention the bigger frames - mainly trading the 144... forget the 144... you are trading a lot of white noise... look at bigger frames and work with them and just use 144 for final entries... this will reduce your quantity of trades and raise your quality of choices which entries to pick and which to leave out...

also i recommend you using fibs for at least getting an idea of which area you are just in... especially on higher timeframes...
--
i think the best idea is to create a "futures.io (formerly BMT) SIM Account" with like 10000$ and then just try to like double or tripple it by just trading two contracts.... you then also post after each session your statements...
you should work on really having a structure which to put into practice... this is really hard... but this makes - at least for me - more sense than just trading like "i try this and i try that... "
you then will just do three trades and you are done but you put much more thought, knowledge and energy in your trades which will give you - simply because of that - much more thought, knowledge and experience as a return back no matter if your trades are successfull or not... but this is worth much more than just trading like a automatic scalping sytem...
--
keep on rocking!

wild wishes
milton

Well said,i join your thoughts & recommendations.

“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”--Albert Einstein

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

ollivermilton View Post
hey blue!
--
--

--
--
keep on rocking!

wild wishes
milton

Milton,

Thanks for bringing up some good advice. I agree with you on some counts, but I think some things you are missing which may not be as evident by just what I record.

1. I have 4181, 1597, 440, 50K charts on higher timeframes that I go back and forth. My eyes are probably staring at those charts about 30% to 70% of the time dependent upon where I feel I am at.

2. Moving my stops, yes, you are right. That is my 'fear' kicking in.

3. I treat this trading EXACTLY like I do live. There is absolutely no difference in my trading at all. It may seem laxidasical to you, but it is me being calm. I used to shout, scream and cheer... haha... I have always been out-of-the-gate a little strong. Danielle always said to sit on her hands as she suffers from the same.

4. I disagree on marked entries. I do forget about them, but just a marker for later to evaluate what I was thinking. They may clutter up that chart, but I am not looking at that chart a good portion of the time. That is why you don't see my long term fibs, long term price patterns which I sometimes bring over to the other window. The 144 just makes for a more interesting recording for myself later since it has most of the MACDBB windows attached. I am probably more focusing on 1597 than any chart right now and it costs me as I think I have my areas but it is going slightly past so my alignment is off. I like to see where I was 'leaning' when I took the trades.

TRUST ME IN THAT I TAKE ALL MY TRADES LIKE LIVE. It is something that many can't do... I know I couldn't. And, BTW, my SIM account for TF counts. I am down about 1,500.00 since Nov. 21, 2011.

I have learned that I don't need to lose real money to realize that I am not succeeding as a day trader.

Sim to some means little. Sim to me, means I am making money right now so it means a lot.

Thanked by:
 ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 76

alright... i got ya...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

If only every day could trend like today. haha... What a beautifully rich man I would be.

I was thinking long up to a deep and then short, but the longer term was saying short so I stuck with it. My challenge is 'speed' of the move and if it stops moving, I stop trading or get out. That will obviously not serve me in less speedy markets.

Entries: A
Holding SL/TP's: B-

I moved my stops, but believe I was right in doing so, but the longer term was saying NO, don't move them, but who knows how big the retrace can be. I am lucky to have gotten back in again.

Video

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Slept through the market today. Work is a bit crazy these days, so hope to slow down after next week. woohoo.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, why didn't I stay in bed today!

Entries: F

Trade Management: B+

No excuses, when it was going short I was going long, when it was going long, I was going short. I am so mixed up today it is almost unreal to my eyes. The good thing is that I am focused on higher time frames so I could be able to undo this very soon.

Due to weak volume and being Friday I could have chosen to sit out, but I was more 'certain' we were headed North so I kept in, then I changed my mind. Interested to see how today turns out.

Video

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts