NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,367 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Silver Dragon View Post
I have not learned that lesson yet.. 6 years and counting... In bed by 12:30 or 1 up by 6... Now, if I could only figure out how to get by without any sleep at all..... that would be sweet..... I would have more time to trade and play video games!!

SD

Here is how I use to do it. You go out after work then take a nap (30-40min) in cab on the way to work and you good to go. But you have to keep drinking at work to stay "alive". Sometimes it's hard to talk though!

Cannot do it any more. Family needs some time also. I enjoy spending time with them.

I work as a Bartender so I can have some fun at work, but that's not the same.

Sorry Blue for wasting space in your thread!!!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
33 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
14 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
11 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
11 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Here is how I use to do it. You go out after work then take a nap (30-40min) in cab on the way to work and you good to go. But you have to keep drinking at work to stay "alive". Sometimes it's hard to talk though!

Cannot do it any more. Family needs some time also. I enjoy spending time with them.

I work as a Bartender so I can have some fun at work, but that's not the same.

Sorry Blue for wasting space in your thread!!!

No worries, I think we are all in the holiday spirit talking about 'spirits' and fun. We are all too often focused only on trading.. Or at the least I am...

Per the pig in the dirt, it is called an IMU and of course it is delicious... Imu - Hawaiian Underground Oven

I have helped make one of these once and it was such a bit of work in how to do it perfectly in that it makes setting up your grill look like kiddies' play....

Per the employees, I have ZERO, ZIP, NONE, NADDA, and I stopped doing that a long time ago. But I still hire Consultants, contractors, etc.. and they act like kids most of the time. ESPECIALLY IN HAWAII where the labor is spoiled...

Working in Hawaii is two-fold. The people are next-to-worthless (well, most of them), but because of that, if you are a hard-charger you can really do well. So, I guess the good is because of the 'bad'. I say worthless because it is my judgement of what I consider to be any form of work-ethic not involving being a victim 24/7. Most people here always have their hand out and it makes people on the mainland look like workaholics...

The amazing thing about Hawaii is the have's and the have-not's (I am off-subject big time, but my journal...). The Have's are really the Unions (24% of the population +-), plus the transplants with money before coming here, plus those like me who choose to bust their ass, which accounts for maybe 30% of the overall population. Then you have the have-not's which is 70% of the population.

I have lived all over the United States and I have never seen a place with such wealth so close to such without. It is the true disparity of our time in a telescope for all the tourists to see. We are living in interesting times....

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 ollivermilton 
Linz / Austria

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: TF, ES, Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 131
Thanks Received: 76

well... talking bout sparetime...
some time i wanna come to hawaii... its pretty much in my top5 of my wishlist since i heard that you guys have some pretty nice divingspots and the island in general is very attractive... at least from the postcard looks... rofl...
--
but you could give me - as its going happen that i come over - some advices of place to go to and not to go to...
maybe i am already wealthy enough through trading that i can affort a nice little house since europe is on its way to serfdom and i dont wanna spend much time in such enviroments.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

ollivermilton View Post
well... talking bout sparetime...
some time i wanna come to hawaii... its pretty much in my top5 of my wishlist since i heard that you guys have some pretty nice divingspots and the island in general is very attractive... at least from the postcard looks... rofl...
--
but you could give me - as its going happen that i come over - some advices of place to go to and not to go to...
maybe i am already wealthy enough through trading that i can affort a nice little house since europe is on its way to serfdom and i dont wanna spend much time in such enviroments.

Well, I would say that Hawaii is definitely not the place to go diving. Sorry to burst that bubble. I think since the 60's when we killed all the coral around the islands left the oceans in ruin around the islands unless you take a trip up north to the better and uninhabited atolls/islands...

Much better places in the Pacific then here. If you come, go to Kauai or Big Island as you will actually see some nature.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Good vision, took the best trades I knew how and stopped for the day. I figured it was short and the better runs would be short, but I decided I was good.

I give myself a B for the day. Moved one of my stops, but more than comfortable doing it. Didn't move the other 2, scaled out early as it looked like it was going to turn without hitting my target and I decided since I was counter-trend trading that my long could be short-lived... I was right...

I am starting to really understand the longer term charts better, while trading intraday.

Video

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I feel lucky to have this...

What an interesting chop filled day. I believe today officially ends my Holiday stop trading day. No trading till probably the 9th of January. I will look at tomorrow's market, but probably will not trade.

I hesitated, didn't get filled and exited the best entry I had. I couldn't make up my mind but I 'knew' the direction. (I figured the odds were good)

Video

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

I wouldn't say you did bad for the market conditions. You had direction right and that's very good. It's hard to get nice entry in choppy market. You didn't have a huge loss and even got to green. I think it's great for market like this.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,212
Thanks Received: 101,599

Tip

BEST OF TRADING 2011 NOMINEE

This thread has been nominated in our "Best of Trading" series, in the category of "Best Thread Of The Year". Voting is currently taking place, cast your votes by following the link below:

Best Of Trading - Big Mike Trading

Congratulations, and may the best thread win!

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

Bluemele and friends; am stewing on NFT trading at the edge. Can't seem to categorize them as high probability. Please comment.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
Bluemele and friends; am stewing on NFT trading at the edge. Can't seem to categorize them as high probability. Please comment.

High Probability is in context to R:R in my opinion.

If you have a 1:1 Risk:Reward. Then, hitting a higher % of win rate is absolutely necessary.

If you have a 1:4+ R:R, then you can get a much lower win rate and still be good.

Per MACDBB Entry (I am done giving Henry Roche any credit as he didn't invent this concept) then in the context of that system you must take HIGHER PROBABILITY TRADES.

Per counter-trend trading, most would say they are not high PROB. Trades in general as Trend following is much higher.

To me, Counter-Trend has been my way of life so it 'sings' to me much more then being a 'follower'. What I am trying to do now is keep a longer horizon view making sure I understand what is happening, weekly, daily, and below and trying to figure out good trendlines/S&R/Consolidation zones/Breakouts or TYPICAL PRICE ACTION but brought down to the lower time frame and hitting entries only risking 5 ticks.

I am coming to the conclusion for myself that having a 144 chart staring me in the face is not a positive thing. It is distracting, micro-trading that will only leave me most likely with the smallest runs. A larger timeframe (1597t or whatever...) chart really is a better way to play the market and honing your entries once you come to an area through the 144 tick.

The chances of getting a 3-5-7-10 point run is much more likely off those areas and it requires PATIENCE which is something that I see lacking in my infant son as much as my infant-trader self.

Hope this answers your questions. Doubts are good in my opinion (creates learning opportunities), but confidence is better (creates money making opportunities).

This is all evolutionary for me

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts