NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

vovan348 View Post
Hey, Blue!

Have you thought that if you closed all 3 contracts at 76% retracemenet around 9:51 you could be done with 5+ points per contract?

I mean if you feel more comfortable with scaling early and let run only one that fine. As long as it works for you.

That was just a thought!

Well, of course. haha....

I wasn't certain that was where it was going to drop, so I figured I would get 'some'. That is the difference between a horst and me. Trade management.

I think my entries are roughly fine most days (MOST....) and could net me some nice $'s, but if I don't let my winners run.....

Roger from NFT is a master at letting them runs run. I have seen him be up 5 points and have it come all the way back up knock him out and then short again and then make 7-8 points. Talk about patience!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
18 thanks
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

Looking at today's charts wouldn't you consider first three signals looking at 4 MACDs? So as you can see you would take three losses, but if wait far pull back you would be safe.
Attachment 41959

You wouldn't take the three marked because 377 and 610 are still showing down. Also, new lows for the day are being reached...that's no mans land for me so far. 610 doesn't reverse up until the pullback bar you marked.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

HighRise1202 View Post
Looking at today's charts wouldn't you consider first three signals looking at 4 MACDs? So as you can see you would take three losses, but if wait far pull back you would be safe.
Attachment 41959

You wouldn't take the three marked because 377 and 610 are still showing down. Also, new lows for the day are being reached...that's no mans land for me so far. 610 doesn't reverse up until the pullback bar you marked.

Whatever works for you man!

There is so many ways to trade we just have to pick one that works for us. There is no right or wrong. I think I found my way and I like it the best so far. That's all I can say.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
Attachment 41959

Exactly!!!!!!

You nailed it. That is exactly why it isn't good. However, something that I had learned and forgotten and re-learned. haha..

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Exactly!!!!!!

You nailed it. That is exactly why it isn't good. However, something that I had learned and forgotten and re-learned. haha..

I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody!!!

As I said that's just my way of trading. You guys can trade whatever you want. Get on the edge, bugs #s etc.
Just do what works for you better. You guys asked me about my way and I just shared my experience. I don't want to tell anybody to trade the way I'm trading.

I'm done with this conversation.

@HighRise1202 You could just show everybody what you are doing instead of saying this was good and that wasn't. I pretty sure you would get in at the third entry. But again I'm not trying to prove anybody that my way is better. I'm just saying that instead of talking about what's better you could start your journal and we could learn from each other!!!

If you guys have any question you can ask me in my journal because I feel bad posting replies to someone's comments on Blue's page.

Good luck!!!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, how did I not see that long? Well, because my indi's didn't like it and that is fine.

However, I did a great job identifying the continued trend and all that. However you see some bad habits creeping in later when I was looking for short a bit earlier. I wasn't waiting for trend break and retracement.

Patience middle aged one...

I took one trade today and it was not the best to explain, but it is a 'feeling' trade where you know it is going to break down.

Overall, I am happy with my thinking lately!

Video

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	42134  
Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

You did a great job today!!! You are really getting better!

You didn't see that long and I didn't see your short. When I realized it was short setup it was too late to get in.

Good job! Keep it up!!!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
You did a great job today!!! You are really getting better!

You didn't see that long and I didn't see your short. When I realized it was short setup it was too late to get in.

Good job! Keep it up!!!

Thanks.

Looking back, I did see the long, but I didn't want to see it. haha.. I wanted to be 'right' and thinking the short was going to the 'moon' as Henry would say.

Nothing saying it should, but since I was in the trade, I wanted it that way! An example of me forcing the market. Your entry was very very clear and follows the rules exactly.

HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

vovan348 View Post
I'm not trying to prove anything to anybody!!!

As I said that's just my way of trading. You guys can trade whatever you want. Get on the edge, bugs #s etc.
Just do what works for you better. You guys asked me about my way and I just shared my experience. I don't want to tell anybody to trade the way I'm trading.

I'm done with this conversation.

@HighRise1202 You could just show everybody what you are doing instead of saying this was good and that wasn't. I pretty sure you would get in at the third entry. But again I'm not trying to prove anybody that my way is better. I'm just saying that instead of talking about what's better you could start your journal and we could learn from each other!!!

If you guys have any question you can ask me in my journal because I feel bad posting replies to someone's comments on Blue's page.

Good luck!!!

Come on, Vovan. You've got good stuff. I'm trying to follow NFT as closely as possible. How else can one determine if it works or not? You're pullback method looks great. I'm tempted to add it. It is not trading "at the edge" but a pullback has it's own edge, correct? (How far will it pull back?) Thanks, Vovan, for you contributions.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Took 4 trades. I ran out of time trading today so I fast forwarded and was 'clicking away'.

Gotta run to crossfit!

Tough day!!!! These are the days that challenge us!

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts