NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,508 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

HighRise1202 
houston

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
I jumped off a tree (8ft) the other day showing off for my kid and I either popped a tendon out of my foot or I broke a bone. Still black after 2 weeks, but not enough to stop me from running or doing crossfit.

I recommend curtailing tree jumping, competitive basketball, and sliding into home head first. Been there. Ouch.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
25 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

HighRise1202 View Post
Where do you get the spreadsheet? Thanks.

Attachment 53782

I created it on google docs. If you have an email address from google you can plop it up online. I can create one for you in excel as well if you want, but I don't know how to use the excel 'graphing' but my wife does...

If you have an online google docs account, then I can just paste mine right into yours. It is really simple and intuitive really, nothing complex. Just comparing yesterdays equity to 3 day ago equity and if it is higher than I am live and it counts.

I think a 3 day step on live/sim is good for me because I tend to go into 'bad spells'. I think in the future when I become more consistent then I will need to take it off, but the market dynamics will change and it will usually take me a couple days to adjust. in the future, hopefully only once.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Very clear day, but I didn't think it would drop as much before hitting my target long. It has done that twice this week!

I have been playing with PFGBEST datafeed and I must say it is 'poor' when compared to Zenfire, TT or CQG. They provide currencies though, so I guess that is good, but noticeable differences in speed and data.

I also have been donating my trading computer to do processing for Folding@Home (distributed processing) that Big Mike mentioned a while back. He was referring to MQL5 and I played with that, but don't trust them.

Pretty clear what my issues are:

1. Moving stops

2. Not letting them hit my targets.

Sound familiar.....?

Doing EFT's today to cover those alone. Will do them till I conquer this. The market just didn't seem like it wanted to go down, so I believed it and got out of my trade. I could have easily just gone BE+1 and let it works its way out and look for LONG, but instead I got out. FEAR. Fear of losing, fear of being wrong, fear of looking stupid.

CONFIDENCE. Today I could have easily pulled 5+ points out of the market. Until I start doing that, I will continue on my journey of SIM which is OK for NOW, but obviously not something I wish to do long term.

I was a little bit sleepy today, but not as bad as the last week. Things are cooking up on my personal side, so hopefully I won't get too distracted. I am excited to finally cash out on a project and make real $$.

Video

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

Good job today!

Did you try PFGBEST on demo account? I know that it comes from different server. If you have any problem with data that's the first question they ask you!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Good job today!

Did you try PFGBEST on demo account? I know that it comes from different server. If you have any problem with data that's the first question they ask you!

Yes, DEMO. Data is not good and VERY VERY VERY SLOW. I forget the FX guys tend to do that more than the others.

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Yes, DEMO. Data is not good and VERY VERY VERY SLOW. I forget the FX guys tend to do that more than the others.

Does it look the same in my videos? When I tried ZenFire I didn't see any difference. I couldn't compare them side by side though. Maybe PFG delayed by a second or so.

vovan348 
Moscow

About your trading. Did you think that it's gonna go up because of the indicators, or because your target was higher?
Did you had bias in your head of moving up because you saw where it's gonna go on HTF?

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
About your trading. Did you think that it's gonna go up because of the indicators, or because your target was higher?
Did you had bias in your head of moving up because you saw where it's gonna go on HTF?

I was looking at higher timeframes and they were saying that once I go up, it could be a nice drop. I don't actually know what happened, but I was waiting for it to hit the area above which it finally did. I figured it would be a magnet to that and yes I had a bias for longs first, but then couldn't change my thinking.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Didn't get filled at my preferred entry, so I was a bit more cautious on the exit. I made two gifts in the same area which hit me by the tick, or I would be up close to 3 points and I probably would have stayed in my trade. Amazing how two gifts will effect your mentality to want to just 'break even'.

All-n-all, not happy with my trading and confidence has to come back at some point. I didn't do my EFT's yesterday and need to do them today.

Anyways, same old story, moved my stops, didn't wait for profit target. Broken record...

I also compared the last several months using a 3 step (per my earlier spreadsheet) and just trading live daily. They end up $30 apart after about 5 months. My trading has gotten more consistent, but for some reason, knowing that 'stop' is in there it keeps me feeling a bit less fearful? Kind of a training will that I will have to drop later I guess.

Everyone using NFT probably made money today. Days like this are EZ, but a minimum few points are really in order.

video (youtube seems to be having a delay, so this probably won't work yet)

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

I have an open order in at 753.3 (76% ad 100% ext) to go short. This is for long term, 5 point stop, goal is 20 points.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts