NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

hector24 
austin, texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

Bluemele, just want to tell you thanks for the templates. They look really good, now I can follow you through your journal. I did not open the file to get access to the XML files, duh. Anyways thanks for your help, happy trading.

Thanks
Hector

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

I am happy I stayed out of more trades today. I resisted the URGE.

I probably could have stayed out of that area as it really wasn't clear and it was a 61% (76 off pullback). The first trade was too soon and I didn't wait for a bar setup.

Had I continued trading, I think I could have made a bit of points. It hit every area I had placed and bounced for at least 4 points. The double bottom at 10am was the best trade by far. Wow, that would have been a nice 2 tick risk entry!

The trades around 9:52 and 9:54 would have been quite nice as well for a couple points. PATIENCE is the key.

Nice ranging day to pick up a few points here and there. Very clear....

Overall, I am happy that I stuck with my 3 trades, but concerned about my entry on that are for all 3 trades as it wasn't super clear.

Video

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	39339  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Robertczeko 
FM, Czech Republic

Platform: MT4
Broker: IC Markets
Trading: forex trader
Thanks Given: 219
Thanks Received: 264

i have another day without trade, that´s what I call abstinence . Keep on with your 3 trades/day , it should make more preassure on you to wait for best possible ocassions. Come on, show me some nice profit with your triple-barreled shotgun

R.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ouch!

5 trades, not 3, or I would have been -.8 points for the day.

I was putting a bit of emphasis on the 4181 and the weakness of the 1597, but the area was NORTH and I figured I could get a little retrace until that baby hit the rail.

Why did I take 5 trades? Hmmmm.... I justified it because my losses weren't 'large enough'!!!!

I stopped the video as I lost my temper and start Cussing and lost my composure... Then I started clicking like 500 orders at once to get even. (of course I wouldn't do live, but for some reason it feels good to 'unload')

Until I can limit to 3 trades no MATTER WHAT when I have losses. Doing more than 3 with a profit is OK in my book, but more than 3 with the definition of "I must make it back" is a killer.

Video

This week was an interesting dynamic.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	39433  
Thanked by:

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

I thought that cussing was part of trading..... LOL

Actually.......if I start cussing I know that I am losing my edge.......at that point I am not capable of making good decisions and I know I MUST regain my composure or stop trading. So reaching the "cussing point" can be very educational !

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Jeff Castille View Post
I thought that cussing was part of trading..... LOL

Actually.......if I start cussing I know that I am losing my edge.......at that point I am not capable of making good decisions and I know I MUST regain my composure or stop trading. So reaching the "cussing point" can be very educational !

Indeed. I am rarely emotional, but I think it is a mix of other things in my life right now. Very stressful time dealing with different entities. Gosh, if only...

Jeff Castille 
Northern California

Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Amp Futures/ Zen-Fire
Trading: YM and CL
Thanks Given: 1,783
Thanks Received: 3,303

bluemele View Post
Indeed. I am rarely emotional, but I think it is a mix of other things in my life right now. Very stressful time dealing with different entities. Gosh, if only...

Yes........ there are often times in our lives when circumstances are beyond our control........but not so in trading.......it is a reprieve from the real world........we enter a world where we are in total control.......this is why we love trading.....we decide when to trade or not to trade.....we decide when to enter and exit......

The key is being able to enter the "trading" world and leave the "real" world behind........I think Mark Douglas would call this "Trading in the Zone"

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Jeff Castille View Post
Yes........ there are often times in our lives when circumstances are beyond our control........but not so in trading.......it is a reprieve from the real world........we enter a world where we are in total control.......this is why we love trading.....we decide when to trade or not to trade.....we decide when to enter and exit......

The key is being able to enter the "trading" world and leave the "real" world behind........I think Mark Douglas would call this "Trading in the Zone"

Very good point!

Something I just realized!!! Monday is a MAJOR Holiday! I don't trade anywhere from 1-2 days prior! Shootz as we say in Hawaii!

Oops, I would not have bothered had I not been distracted.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Good day considering day after Holiday. I wasn't going to trade and just watch and I think that did wonders for me. Maybe I should think that way every day!

I remember when I went to Henry's 'Bootcamp' and we just watched the market for hours and hours and hours on a big projection screen. It was enlightening!

I took one trade today (But long video due to slow market). There was a good looking short had I taken it, but I was actually looking long due to the strength, but there was a big gap which I ignored. It filled the gap it seems from Sunday? But, just missed Friday for some reason?

Normally I would go for shorts on a day like this.... Too bad...

Trades:

1. +.8 points, Nice 76% area, but was hitting trendline with lots of separation so I decided to scale which I am glad I did.

It had one more drop before it popped and I didn't feel comfortable with it. I couldn't find the area and the MACD's didn't look all that good to me.

I reviewed all my old vids from a year+ ago and boy, it was enlightening. I have gotten a bit better, but not by much considering my trade management. I was hitting good pivots then, but scaling out wayyyyyyy too soon.

Video (a bit boring this one... )

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	39684  
Thanked by:
 booker777 
Augusta, GA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 24

Blue, been away for awhile so i apologize if this question has already been posed to you. Apparently your mentoring service is now closing down to all future coaching members and they are establishing a self directed program for 90 days for $2000 where they give you access to everything for that time period, live classes, training videos, etc to learn their methods. Question if this can be answered, is do you think someone can learn the techniques necessary in 90 days on their own without the coaching. Any insight would be appreciated.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts