NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 235,145 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

1st Trade was what I believed to be a possible retrace area, but obviously not and I was willing to take the small boundary.

2nd Trade was just not a good trade really except 89% area.

3rd Trade was good, but I didn't get in where I wanted to get in and it was obviously turning to short again.

I expected the market to bounce off the band on the 4181, but it really didn't and it is a short sell off kind of day.

Video

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Only took 2 trades.

Is that because I didn't want to give any back? Well, Yes. My arrow down at the end was quite nice and another 10 point run down.

I scaled too early. Once I get my # of trades down to 3 and profitable, I will work on my scaling a bit.

Technically, I could have easily held my first trade for another couple points per my chart.

Trades:

1. +1 tick, Looking weak, but 4181 said UP! and lately, that is not a good argument to go against.

2. +15 ticks, Good looking entry, almost set BE too soon. Went against 4181, but others looked good. Trade management was a bit poor, but I think per my comments of scaling it made sense to me at the time.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Nice trending day again! A definite pattern occurring and interesting that I can see it when the pattern is short, but when it was long that I wasn't seeing it. It seems the levy has broken, but I expect the US GOVT to start pushing it back up again with monopoly dollars.

1 trade today and it was a little aggressive, but it looked good to me.

Video

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, a positive spin to my days lately. Seems like the market has been moving nicely. There were some nice longs, but I realize why I am not seeing them. I have been blind to any positivity surrounding the market as with the current business environment being scarce at best and challenging, that I believe it is too far fetched for my mind to get around the positivity of the market. Then I remember Bernanke is spending our tax dollars and printing dollars to buy small cap stocks so I must not hang onto any negativity.

Maybe I should start a vendor business, then cash is always coming in from newbies who want something where the odds are significantly stacked against them. haha... Then I could put a positive spin on every trade/day and say, "You could make 'X' dollars today from these great trades!!!

My trades were mediocre today in my opinion as I was not able to capitalize on the longer 'longs'.

Trades:

1. +1.3 points per contract, nice trade.

2. +.5 points per contract, not the best trade, but I saw my exit.

Video

Thanked by:

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Big Charts
Trading: E-mini, Forex, Futures, Equities, Options
Thanks Given: 578
Thanks Received: 378

bluemele View Post
My trades were mediocre today in my opinion as I was not able to capitalize on the longer 'longs'.

Hi, I'm reluctant to post on journals, but ever since the Horst incident I've been reading your journal with curiosity. I don't want to intrude but I've noticed an interesting tendency that is in relationship towards your indicator and the indicator on your chart. Are any these people assisting you in trading this system?

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

rtrade View Post
Hi, I'm reluctant to post on journals, but ever since the Horst incident I've been reading your journal with curiosity. I don't want to intrude but I've noticed an interesting tendency that is in relationship towards your indicator and the indicator on your chart. Are any these people assisting you in trading this system?

The system is a group of guidelines and rules that is interpreted differently by everyone trading it. To answer your question, nope, nobody is guiding me any further and it is up to me to decide to let go and pull in some points. Hindsight is 20/20 and after the fact is always so much clearer than before.

I have been trading this same system for 21 months. Longer than anyone else on this forum I would bet (or at least that have a journal) without changing anything or very little. Of course, my trading goes through fits and starts.

I don't want to sound defensive, but what would you suggest?

rtrade 
Paradise, USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Big Charts
Trading: E-mini, Forex, Futures, Equities, Options
Thanks Given: 578
Thanks Received: 378

bluemele View Post
I don't want to sound defensive, but what would you suggest?

No worries, there's no need to be defensive at all. I'm sure myself and many others on this site would want to see you successful in your trading career...probably more so than those that sold you the course.

I took a second look at your videos and there were some inconsistencies in my observation regarding to your indicators. So on second thought I don't want my confusion to complicate things.

I do, however, would like to suggest not use replay to day trade unless you have the discipline to not fast forward during the trade. It will make your impatience worst and will cause you to make bad decisions down the line.

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." --- "Therefore, I Believe it and I will see it. And every day and in every way, I am healthier, wealthier, and wiser."
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

rtrade View Post
No worries, there's no need to be defensive at all. I'm sure myself and many others on this site would want to see you successful in your trading career...probably more so than those that sold you the course.

I took a second look at your videos and there were some inconsistencies in my observation regarding to your indicators. So on second thought I don't want my confusion to complicate things.

I do, however, would like to suggest not use replay to day trade unless you have the discipline to not fast forward during the trade. It will make your impatience worst and will cause you to make bad decisions down the line.

Henry says to sim is to sin. Studying the historicals and figuring out how you would have known the price will go down one point and reverse...now that is electrifying.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

rtrade View Post

Hey, that is a great point about market replay. You are right on 100%. I was actually going to comment on that today some. haha... Impatience is my main issue I believe. It shows with my trading today!!!

My issue is that I want to be 'right' and I don't have enough time to spend on the open market...

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
Henry says to sim is to sin. Studying the historicals and figuring out how you would have known the price will go down one point and reverse...now that is electrifying.

How is your trading going? I haven't heard from you in a while and just curious.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts