NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,968 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Haha! Breakeven! What a word that is! It sure beats anything that starts with 'neg' haha

Well, Very nice and clean today, a day any could have made good money. I could have walked away with 1.5 points average+ today, but I kept trading.

First trade was good. Maybe a little early, but good in my opinion.

Second trade was not a great area, but MACD's seemed short to me.

Third trade seemed like a pivot for sure. The bulls were pushing it up a lot and I wanted to conserve my gift if needed so I moved my stop by 1! That was the difference!

Video

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Haha! Breakeven! What a word that is! It sure beats anything that starts with 'neg' haha

Well, Very nice and clean today, a day any could have made good money. I could have walked away with 1.5 points average+ today, but I kept trading.

First trade was good. Maybe a little early, but good in my opinion.

Second trade was not a great area, but MACD's seemed short to me.

Third trade seemed like a pivot for sure. The bulls were pushing it up a lot and I wanted to conserve my gift if needed so I moved my stop by 1! That was the difference!

How do you feel about Henry's statement, "I don't do business without a home plate."

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
How do you feel about Henry's statement, "I don't do business without a home plate."

Well, I agree with it. A "home plate" or a "setup area" or whatever you want to call it is probably the biggest reason to take a trade from what I have learned. However, you sure do 'miss' a lot of great runs without the obvious 'home plate' and that is what I struggle with.

An area can be created in so many ways and confluence is very important, but I tend to get a bit aggressive with confluence if I imagine it! haha...

Horst says to stick w/ the home plates that create the safest and longest runs. From looking and learning that is the 76% retracement on most clear retracements but you will find many who disagree etc.. I used to love the 61%, but I get into too much trouble there, and all-n-all, Fibs are not a perfect science.

I could make an area out of any tick mark on a chart! I think the key is to understand how much weight to put under that with the corresponding MACD multi-time frame indicators!

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, another example today of poor trade management. My # of trades are dwindling and I am getting comfortable again just waiting. Amazing how it took me so long to get comfortable again with that.

I am hitting pivots, but my confidence is still a bit low from Feb's mess, and I have to put that behind me. I think I am going to go back through the tough days and do a market replay and see what I wasn't seeing and move on.

I am seeing pivots (although I didn't expect that deep a short just yet). My long term is lining up, so more down to 50%...

Video

HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Ok, another example today of poor trade management. My # of trades are dwindling and I am getting comfortable again just waiting. Amazing how it took me so long to get comfortable again with that.

I am hitting pivots, but my confidence is still a bit low from Feb's mess, and I have to put that behind me. I think I am going to go back through the tough days and do a market replay and see what I wasn't seeing and move on.

I am seeing pivots (although I didn't expect that deep a short just yet). My long term is lining up, so more down to 50%...

Have you tried audio alerts? I find them invaluable for waiting. One I use is called PriceGuard. It gives you two alerts. Just set them near fibs. For example, set them near the 23 and 76 fibs. Or set them at 50 and either 23 or 76, depending on where the price is. If price hits 50, I look for a retracement to deeps and then catch a long reversal from there.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

HighRise1202 View Post
Have you tried audio alerts? I find them invaluable for waiting. One I use is called PriceGuard. It gives you two alerts. Just set them near fibs. For example, set them near the 23 and 76 fibs. Or set them at 50 and either 23 or 76, depending on where the price is. If price hits 50, I look for a retracement to deeps and then catch a long reversal from there.

No, I haven't! Interesting, I will take a look.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Hit the major pivot, trade management sucked.

First trade I am still OK with, 2nd trade I made was horrendous and wanted to put in a small stop but it jumped on me, but it wasn't an area either.

Third trade was nice, but I wasn't patient to let it run. More of the same.

Video

Thanked by:
 hector24 
austin, texas

Platform: ninja trader
Trading: currency futures
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 234

highrise, where do you get that type of fib line alert for ninja, if i can ask. thanks hector

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

I am aware that my approach is slightly different, but I do use fib confluence zones.

To avoid the noise I only look at those in time frames > 15 minutes.

The chart below shows the fib confluence lines for today. Sometimes it is possible to catch the high and low of the day. But this is not always the case.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TF 06-11 (30 Min) 08_04_2011.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	36185  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Fat Tails View Post
I am aware that my approach is slightly different, but I do use fib confluence zones.

To avoid the noise I only look at those in time frames > 15 minutes.

The chart below show the fib confluence lines for today. Sometimes it is possible to catch the high and low of the day. But this is not always the case.

Yes, the longer you go out, the fewer false starts one may get into!

If I learned properly to use the longer time-frames, I would probably be much more profitable w/ the confluence zones.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts