NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,411 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

-.2 points for the day today.

Well, the trade of the day was the short @ 4:52 HST, or 9:52 EST.

PATIENCE is my #1 problemo. I took 4 trades today and I violated my promise. I decided yesterday I would do more, but today I promised, no more than 3. I had forgotten!

If I were to grade my trades, I would say 'erratic' is a word that comes to mind.

Today's Vid

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	33330  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
29 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
21 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Laguna View Post
GM All,

Looking to take my trading to the next level and wondering: is there is a number of contracts I should stay with, considering how small ICE is? Currently trading 5. Look forward to your replies.

Well, this is just my journal, so I think you need to ask a few people outside of my journal.

I am on SIM now, but when I trade live I have traded up to 10 contracts without tooooooo much problem. Sometimes you will not get filled, but if you trade regular trading hours, you are good.

Horst always is doing 10 contracts.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,215
Thanks Received: 101,603

Laguna View Post
GM All,

Looking to take my trading to the next level and wondering: is there is a number of contracts I should stay with, considering how small ICE is? Currently trading 5. Look forward to your replies.

Check here:

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

HighRise1202 View Post
Please comment on this review. I've taken the 7 day NTF trial. Thanks.

Looks like today was mostly sideways with 8 pt range.
If you missed the high at 5:50 AM, it's tough to catch a gradually declining run. That lasted until 8:40 AM.
At 8:42 a nice foot formed on 377. However, it didn't run far before a big pullback.
Quick market action at 8:47 made a long difficult to catch.
A long at 9:04 was one of the few clear signals.
9:30 to 10 usually lacks opportunities, I've read.
A 377 foot at 10:03 was an awesome opportunity. So was a long at 10:34.

I'm assuming you are CST on your times.
Some great long setups in the first hour, one at 8:42 (though didn't really have an area), 8:46 another long setup with 2.5+ pts (lot of reasons to take this--I'm not going to give away NFT trading setups though)
9:03 another long (though you didn't have great MACD setups, you had quite a few other things going to pull the trigger, that would have netted you 3+ pts on 1/2 your contracts and if you followed the rules would have taken 6+ pts on the rest)
You didn't have a foot (need to understand what it takes to develop a foot) on 377 at 10:03 CST, though you had great separation.
Good short setups after 9:30 (in a key area), but I only look at the first hour of regular market.
Hope to see you go beyond the trial and really learn what it takes to understand the market, your self and become a successful trader.
Steve L

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

No trading today.

Earthquake in the land of my Wife's family.

Tsunami (ended up not being one thanks) in the land of Hawaii!

Tired!!!!!!!!!!

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

bluemele View Post
No trading today.

Tired!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is fine there! I was getting worried when I saw the news! Haven't got a hold of any of my friends and family there yet so I was still worried. Thanks for the update!

Aloha!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Private Banker View Post
Glad to hear everything is fine there! I was getting worried when I saw the news! Haven't got a hold of any of my friends and family there yet so I was still worried. Thanks for the update!

Aloha!

Well, I am steps from Kapiolani Park and I have to be honest, I was a bit concerned as Ambulances, Fire Trucks and Police Cars were going through my neighborhood all night warning that if you aren't over a certain height to evacuate and finder higher ground. (Ok, so how the heck do I know what height...haha, I guessed 50+ feet)

I haven't seen this level of concern EVER since I have been here since 94'. If I didn't have small children I think I would not be as concerned. I used to have an oceanfront home in HILO no less just a few years ago and I would wake up at night thinking that I had felt an earthquake.

I developed a parcel in a tidal inundation zone and as part of the process I had to have evacuation plans and contingencies set up for my permitting and so that required significant education. I can tell you what I learned is just strictly frightening and if people had seen what I learned they would not be paying $10MM for an oceanfront home on any part of the islands. (For example, a 15' meter swell could come through within 10-15 minutes of the earthquake!! TALK ABOUT NOT TIME TO GET DRESSED, happened in mid-70's in Kailua-Kona!).

Hilo has the 'rap' for Tsunami's, but that is mainly because it was the most populated 'bay' area that is northward facing. Now, in the last 50 years we have developed almost all our coastlines (as you know) and I can tell you that it will not be pretty the next time something like the 60' tsunami happens.

Having been a special forces Navy (SEAL) diver, surfer, and just all around idiot in the water for years, I truly do appreciate how destructive the ocean can be.

It is funny though, out of all the things to be concerned about in life (Tornado's, Hurricane's, Poisonous Creatures, etc.) Hawaii really only has Political Corruption and the occasional Tsunami warning. So, I guess we have it pretty good. haha...

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

bluemele View Post
No trading today.

Tired!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear everything is well all around.....Enjoy your weekend...................SURFS UP

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

OK you NFT students and grads. Please step up to the mic and answer. Is NFT for real?

Sure Horst is good. Did you know he was a trader for six years before signing up with Henry?

What I want to know is does it really work...translation, can you make consistent profits? Correction. Are YOU making consistent profits?

One successful trader, Ed Abreu, said he gave up trading on the edge years ago. He said it's like standing in front of a railroad engine expecting it to stop just in front of you.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Private Banker 
La Jolla, CA

Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Trading: CL, NG
Thanks Given: 1,713
Thanks Received: 3,863

bluemele View Post
Well, I am steps from Kapiolani Park and I have to be honest, I was a bit concerned as Ambulances, Fire Trucks and Police Cars were going through my neighborhood all night warning that if you aren't over a certain height to evacuate and finder higher ground. (Ok, so how the heck do I know what height...haha, I guessed 50+ feet)

I haven't seen this level of concern EVER since I have been here since 94'. If I didn't have small children I think I would not be as concerned. I used to have an oceanfront home in HILO no less just a few years ago and I would wake up at night thinking that I had felt an earthquake.

I developed a parcel in a tidal inundation zone and as part of the process I had to have evacuation plans and contingencies set up for my permitting and so that required significant education. I can tell you what I learned is just strictly frightening and if people had seen what I learned they would not be paying $10MM for an oceanfront home on any part of the islands. (For example, a 15' meter swell could come through within 10-15 minutes of the earthquake!! TALK ABOUT NOT TIME TO GET DRESSED, happened in mid-70's in Kailua-Kona!).

Hilo has the 'rap' for Tsunami's, but that is mainly because it was the most populated 'bay' area that is northward facing. Now, in the last 50 years we have developed almost all our coastlines (as you know) and I can tell you that it will not be pretty the next time something like the 60' tsunami happens.

Having been a special forces Navy (SEAL) diver, surfer, and just all around idiot in the water for years, I truly do appreciate how destructive the ocean can be.

It is funny though, out of all the things to be concerned about in life (Tornado's, Hurricane's, Poisonous Creatures, etc.) Hawaii really only has Political Corruption and the occasional Tsunami warning. So, I guess we have it pretty good. haha...

Wow! I know those sirens well! And it's the worst when they go off in the middle of the night like that. Not a good feeling. I agree, it's pretty scary to think how quickly a tsunami can hit with very little time to react. Being a surfer as well, I have great respect for the power of the ocean and I grew up surfing the north shore on Oahu so, I've experienced it first hand. I could only imagine what the power of a tsunami could do.

Take care!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts