NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

No trading today, trying a new setup. I was siming, but not doing well at all. Next week would be just sim since I am changing interface so not counting it. Still arranging my charts.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	47495  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
No trading today, trying a new setup. I was siming, but not doing well at all. Next week would be just sim since I am changing interface so not counting it. Still arranging my charts.

Are you just rearranging you MACDs, or it's gonna be something different?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
Are you just rearranging you MACDs, or it's gonna be something different?

I attached the image above. I figured I would get questions... Following Horst and a couple other traders.

I like it, but I caught myself looking at the far right chart thinking that was the 4181 etc.. It is going to take me a bit to get used to this...

Today would have been +2 points had I stopped trading, but I wanted to practice and it got ugly. However, I would have had that long at the bottom and held! All-n-all, when you change something you practice practice practice.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Day 2 of the new charts.

I added back my scale showing '5 ticks' so I know if there are long bars or not. Similar long bars after the first pullback @ 709.

I knew it was going long! Took a long at the open, then adjusted my stop and kaboom. Hit me on the tick. Did the same thing about 5 minutes later etc..

Then started shorting. Then it got rangy and just started clicking since I was just playing with the new setup. BAD HABIT.

I figure I will need a week with the new setup. So far I am having a tough time with it.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
Day 2 of the new charts.

I added back my scale showing '5 ticks' so I know if there are long bars or not. Similar long bars after the first pullback @ 709.

I knew it was going long! Took a long at the open, then adjusted my stop and kaboom. Hit me on the tick. Did the same thing about 5 minutes later etc..

Then started shorting. Then it got rangy and just started clicking since I was just playing with the new setup. BAD HABIT.

I figure I will need a week with the new setup. So far I am having a tough time with it.

I don't think it's your platform setup. I think today wasn't so easy to trade (at least for me).

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I don't think it's your platform setup. I think today wasn't so easy to trade (at least for me).

NO, I disagree. It was a beautiful long and very clear. I just got bounced twice for being cheap. Then the shorts were clear, I got them, but I was waiting for more. Why? Good question. I was a mm away from a 7 point move or two.

Every day is possible to make $, you just have to decide which tempo in my opinion. I am at fault, but at the end of the day, the setup is a bit confusing to me still.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

bluemele View Post
NO, I disagree. It was a beautiful long and very clear. I just got bounced twice for being cheap. Then the shorts were clear, I got them, but I was waiting for more. Why? Good question. I was a mm away from a 7 point move or two.

Every day is possible to make $, you just have to decide which tempo in my opinion. I am at fault, but at the end of the day, the setup is a bit confusing to me still.

I totally agree that you can make $ any day. The problem is not to get in with clear entry, but get profit from that trade. I had a bad feeling about yesterday trading. I don't know why, but I was afraid to place an order for some reason even when I saw nice setup. I placed couple orders before my first trade, but I was very slow and wanted to see some extra signals I guess. You know when you have a bad feeling you are pretty sure that every trade is gonna be a looser and when you see nice setup it's hard to believe that it can work so you wait for the last second place the order, but too late. It's already gone without you. May be it's just me and others don't have this problem.

I hope you get used to your new setup and be back to normal soon!

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I totally agree that you can make $ any day. The problem is not to get in with clear entry, but get profit from that trade. I had a bad feeling about yesterday trading. I don't know why, but I was afraid to place an order for some reason even when I saw nice setup. I placed couple orders before my first trade, but I was very slow and wanted to see some extra signals I guess. You know when you have a bad feeling you are pretty sure that every trade is gonna be a looser and when you see nice setup it's hard to believe that it can work so you wait for the last second place the order, but too late. It's already gone without you. May be it's just me and others don't have this problem.

I hope you get used to your new setup and be back to normal soon!

Well, you are right. I had the same feeling. Friday, Monday and now today I have the same feeling. I don't know if it is the setup or me. I feel like I am 'backwards' again picking the wrong long term direction.

It seems like the dynamic of the market has changed since Friday morning. I was taking a trade off the 377 today which I thought was my 987! haha....

I am all mixed up and may go back to my old setup. It is too confusing to me to change that and have the market dynamics change a bit.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, another tough day for me on the new charts. Going to ride this out this week and see. It hasn't been enjoyable though.

Still working on them.

Thanked by:
 bugsbunny 
toronto,ontaio

bluemele View Post
Ok, another tough day for me on the new charts. Going to ride this out this week and see. It hasn't been enjoyable though.

Still working on them.

I totally agree with you.. it has been a tough week for me too.. but hey we didnt give away as much... less green is still good... More days will come.. just see this one off....

I wish you good luck

Bugs

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts