NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,508 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Tiger45 View Post
Let those winners run!!!

Yes. It has been my biggest challenge to profitability.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
45 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

+1 tick for the day!!! WOOOHOOO!

My fundamentals are getting MUCH Better! I was very deliberate, more confident and would have been more profitable had I been a little more aggressive.

Trades:

1. -9 ticks, Well, how does a 4 tick boundary move to -9 ticks! When you get a HUGE move on the opening like we did. I haven't seen something like that in the last year and ahalf.

2. -1 ticks, I could have chosen to remove myself from this and just watch it till the market calms down. It was moving very quickly and my charts were saying shorts were in order. I didn't have the confidence to stay in this trade as I saw a long coming.

3. +17 ticks, this was an area and it was looking juicy for a long, but I scaled too early as there was more left in it. The longer terms were saying down, so I just decided to exit and look for short.

4. NO FILL, this looks nice! Market was very bullish and it wanted a higher price!

5. -4 ticks, Outside Keltner, nice separation, good looking direction. Just knocked me out as I had a 3 tick boundary but filled me at -4. Had I kept my 5 tick boundary, I would have been in this trade.

6. NO FILL, I was busy marking up my charts, BAD HABIT! I will stop doing that and that is an issue that I will overcome.

7. NO FILL, this looks like a nice retracement as well, but I delayed and it cost me.

8. +0 ticks, OK, this was an interesting one. I let it drop, and it ranged for several minutes just below my entry. Considering how strong the market has been and how quickly it moved up, I figured that I would play it safe and put my boundary RIGHT AT THE 50% FIB. By the tick it knocked me out for what was a 2.5 point run. If you look at the circles after that BE hit, then those are entries I considered for getting back in, but I wasn't confident in shorts.

Market went down, then quickly back up higher then the top pivot and looks to be headed short. Oil(CL) is up quite a bit and it seems that the FOMC news yesterday was everything investors wanted to hear.

Fundamentally, I am perplexed as to why the market is going up up up. I guess they are liking the weak dollar and the effort to keep mortgages low and liquidity high.

Even though I was +1 tick and not up 3+ points, my trading was much better today then it has been in the last couple weeks. The last BE trade was a mistake, but I am OK with it and comfortable with stop trading for the day.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	25319  
Thanked by:

cory 
virginia

Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bluemele View Post
Ok, well, hmmm.... This is my journal, there is no other like it, this one is mine.. blah blah...

What I would like to do is move to Ninja Trader from TradeStation, but unfortunately their indiactors (and charts) don't allow you to move them vertically! If they did that on thing, I think they would have a lot more happy users, but for some reason they can't.....

use this indicator to move chart vertically, remember to adjust the scale each contract needs a dif scale .

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: PP_VerticalScale.zip

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

cory View Post
use this indicator to move chart vertically, remember to adjust the scale each contract needs a dif scale .

Cory,

Thanks, but I tried importing and I get a duplicate method name with NT7? NT6.5 it works but I guess I don't know how to use it?

This is an indicator to force the scale of the window to x ticks? I guess after playing with it, it doesn't seem to help me much... Thanks though for the help.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	25360  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, today was an interesting ranging day. With my new limit in place, it stopped me from taking more losses then I would have liked.

-18 ticks for the day total (-1.8 points)

Trades:

1,2,3: -2, +1, +13, Good area, hit pivot then rode it to 1.3 points as the longer term MACD's were looking darn confusing to me as they kept reversing and creating separation, then back again, then back again...

4,5,6,7: -1, -2, -2, -1, First trade looked good, but if it wasn't here, it was at the 76 or 100% retrace. I lacked confidence on my last trade of this set. It was a nice few points down, but again, the MACD's kept changing their look very quickly.

8,9,10: -5, -4, NO FILL, This was actually probably the best area to hit for the day had I gotten filled. It didn't waste anytime retracing so I had no chance to fill.

11,12,13: -5, +1, -4, I should not have been looking short. This was saying long from the 4181, so not wise on my part. I could have exited the last trade for BE for the day, but instead I held it and it popped past my stop for a couple of extra ticks.

Not a great day as I was short/long/short/long, wow...

I was seeing the pivots, but boy the long term was unclear until after I stopped trading due to my limit for the day being hit.

Aloha!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	25372  

cory 
virginia

bluemele View Post
Cory,

Thanks, but I tried importing and I get a duplicate method name with NT7? NT6.5 it works but I guess I don't know how to use it?

This is an indicator to force the scale of the window to x ticks? I guess after playing with it, it doesn't seem to help me much... Thanks though for the help.

its kind of simple so there is no instruction, for tf try scale = 1. To drag the chart down, hold down crtl key, position your cursor in middle of a chart hold down mouse key and drag it down, it might look like nothing happen to the chart but if you stretch/squeeze the chart afterward it will move down, reverse to move up.

tradestack
Phoenix, AZ, US

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 2

I've tried to trade TF a few times. It's moves are very violent. If you can get on the right side of it, you can rack up some gains in a hurry.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

bluemele, when you have time, would you mind posting how you interpret price action in relation to the MACD indicator. Or how do you read the MACD ?

aviat72 
San Francisco Bay Area

Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Trading: ES,CL,TF
Thanks Given: 161
Thanks Received: 273

cory View Post

Cory could you please explain what exactly did does?

From the code it seems that it changes the location of each chart object (nice to know how to access it). But can't we do that by pressing control and then scrolling along the Y-axis?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

cory 
virginia

aviat72 View Post
Cory could you please explain what exactly did does?

From the code it seems that it changes the location of each chart object (nice to know how to access it). But can't we do that by pressing control and then scrolling along the Y-axis?

chart just moves left/right when I do that. we try to drag it up/down.

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts