NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,508 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

HighRise1202 View Post
Did you short at the TF opening today? MACDs said to short. No home plate involved. Henry says he must have a home plate involved.

I'm looking for how people actually implement NFT. Horst is the most successful NFT trader we see trade. He takes only shorts, by my observation.

I agree. Horst is the most successful and I am happy to see him share.

I guess I didn't see the same picture you saw on the 'shorts' at the open today. haha..

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
48 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
24 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, again out too early. I saw a couple of good entries, but I didn't wait for the proper areas. The good thing about this 3 trade maximum is that it will fix me to actually want to continue and play in the game as I will surely get tired of blowing my trades too early. Took me a while to figure out where we were in the mix and that is why I was a bit too fast on putting trades in.

BE PATIENT.

I continued to play with entries and for some reason I can read 1 point moves, but anything more is just a guess. I have been falling farther away and I think that is due to my workload.

Video

booker777 
Augusta, GA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 24

Blue, sorry to ask but i tried to import the anammacdbb indicator into NT 6.5 that you posted several pages back but get several errors with them when i complie the indicators. Would love to get that MACDBB. Without disrupting this journal, any ideas?

travelinman 
Chester Springs, PA

Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: ES, 6E, CL
Thanks Given: 107
Thanks Received: 50

booker777 View Post
Blue, sorry to ask but i tried to import the anammacdbb indicator into NT 6.5 that you posted several pages back but get several errors with them when i complie the indicators. Would love to get that MACDBB. Without disrupting this journal, any ideas?

You can download the 6.5 version macdbbline right from Big Mike's download section. Also you can go to the Ninja support forum and download it (MACD Bollinger Band Lines) from the 6.5 indicators on page 9. I'm not sure if Blue uses a different version or not than either of the ones I mention.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

booker777 View Post

Yes. Download 7.0... Hahha...

I don't use 6.5 but fatTails is the one who modified it. Sorry I can't help further than that.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Wow, thank you for putting a nice setup right at the open. A guy who likes to blow his trades quickly loves those!

Ok, obvious I didn't hold long enough. Looking at the 4181 I could have held much longer.

Due to the up up up in February where there would be HUGE separation on the 4181 and 1597 but it would still plug up has caused me to 'ignore' that and take my points where I can get them. However, if I were exiting off of fibs or other price action it was way too early still.

Took 1 trade, short again. Also, I was a bit off using overnight data as it put my fibs off just slightly as well as the nice double bottom. I will watch that more in the future.

Video

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, two trades, 2 point run w/ 1 gift.

It looked so very weak I had to take that short. I didn't expect that bounce up though, but I am glad I stuck with it. It was a 23 retrace down and figured it would not go to the deep retrace. It also never hit the 50 which I found strange and probably had my target off?

The strange thing is why did the market go up so much today. All indicators were not screaming long and the move up really has me perplexed. As Horst says, there is always a reason!

Anybody know why it pivot where it did for that strong of a move?

Video

Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

bluemele View Post
...The strange thing is why did the market go up so much today. All indicators were not screaming long and the move up really has me perplexed. As Horst says, there is always a reason!

That's one of the reason i like to analyse the Market Profile and am learning to incorporate it in my day trading decisions. It gives you some clues about what's going to happen next. Market profile is the modern version of tea leaf reading for traders

Seriously, you can have a look each day at these two sources:

The Precision Report
James Dalton Trading | Market Recap and Updates | Free for Traders

To get a feel of what the day might be. Also, Mirus provides a free service where you can get different scenarios depending where price is trading. See picure...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RUSSELL_scenarios.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	34984  

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

trendisyourfriend View Post
That's one of the reason i like to analyse the Market Profile and am learning to incorporate it in my day trading decisions. It gives you some clues about what's going to happen next. Market profile is the modern version of tea leaf reading for traders

Seriously, you can have a look each day at these two sources:

The Precision Report
James Dalton Trading | Market Recap and Updates | Free for Traders

To get a feel of what the day might be. Also, Mirus provides a free service where you can get different scenarios depending where price is trading. See picure...

I traded Market Profile for a few months. I found it to be as intuitive as trading w/ indicators. Highly discretionary and subjective.

What within Market Profile tells you that the market was due for a massive push? Or, do you mean that since it was on the run that it was obvious?

I will take a look at the links.

HighRise1202 
houston

Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
Ok, two trades, 2 point run w/ 1 gift.

It looked so very weak I had to take that short. I didn't expect that bounce up though, but I am glad I stuck with it. It was a 23 retrace down and figured it would not go to the deep retrace. It also never hit the 50 which I found strange and probably had my target off?

The strange thing is why did the market go up so much today. All indicators were not screaming long and the move up really has me perplexed. As Horst says, there is always a reason!

Anybody know why it pivot where it did for that strong of a move?

[/yt]

That pivot was at same point as previous day market open, a retrace high. Catching that retrace was a mother load also.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts