NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,625 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

HighRise1202 
houston

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nt
Thanks Given: 266
Thanks Received: 274

bluemele View Post
I would agree. I have heard a study at one point that said beginning traders find shorts easier to follow due to the effects of a life long of living with GRAVITY. haha...

With big bull flags, it throws the indi's off the rails and points to weakness. Of course, we don't know if it will break and fall or continue pushing up and that is the point of the small stops.

Horst is taking Long's as well as shorts, but curious now on the profitability on each for him just lately or the # lately. Technically they seem to take long and short.

Yesterday, 3/22, Horst traded DAX, CL, and 6e. All were shorts.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

Experience: Master
Platform: NT, TS
Trading: TF, 6E, SI, CL, FDAX, ZN, ES
Thanks Given: 119
Thanks Received: 305

HighRise1202 View Post
Yesterday, 3/22, Horst traded DAX, CL, and 6e. All were shorts.

When I opened my charts they told me to go short, not LONG, ............ If they said "take a long here" I would have. There is absolutely no difference between a long or short setup whatsoever.........and I don't wait for a short just because there is any sort of an advantage. Whatever direction the trade shows me FIRST is the one I take. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just missing the point.

“The more I am around people, the more I love my dogs.” ~Author Unknown
 HighRise1202 
houston

er2wizard View Post
When I opened my charts they told me to go short, not LONG, ............ If they said "take a long here" I would have. There is absolutely no difference between a long or short setup whatsoever.........and I don't wait for a short just because there is any sort of an advantage. Whatever direction the trade shows me FIRST is the one I take. I'm sorry, maybe I'm just missing the point.

Did you short at the TF opening today? MACDs said to short. No home plate involved. Henry says he must have a home plate involved.

I'm looking for how people actually implement NFT. Horst is the most successful NFT trader we see trade. He takes only shorts, by my observation.

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

HighRise1202 View Post
Did you short at the TF opening today? MACDs said to short. No home plate involved. Henry says he must have a home plate involved.

I'm looking for how people actually implement NFT. Horst is the most successful NFT trader we see trade. He takes only shorts, by my observation.

I didn't trade the TF today but FYI there was a 23 ret. 1 min after market open that we look for as an entry that normally leads to a 100% ext. That target was hit for a quick 6 point run.

So let me understand your comment on "only shorting"..... You would like to see me (us) go long on a chart that says "only a nincompoop would go long here"?

Could you please enlighten me as to why I (we) would ONLY trade shorts? I seriously would like to know the train of thought on that.

Tiger45 
San Diego, CA, USA

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 422

er2wizard View Post
So let me understand your comment on "only shorting"..... You would like to see me (us) go long on a chart that says "only a nincompoop would go long here"?

Man .. that's funny!!!

Thanked by:
 HighRise1202 
houston

er2wizard View Post
I didn't trade the TF today but FYI there was a 23 ret. 1 min after market open that we look for as an entry that normally leads to a 100% ext. That target was hit for a quick 6 point run.

Could you please enlighten me as to why I (we) would ONLY trade shorts? I seriously would like to know the train of thought on that.

Yes, I see the TF opening at 804.3 today. It hit the 23 fib 1 minute later. However, it continued down. You are looking for a reversal at the "deeps," aren't you? Would you have taken a short 1 minute after opening?

If you are making money trading the NFT method both short and long, I would appreciate your sharing that information. I just observed that Horst takes shorts. One can't help but want to copy the successful.

er2wizard 
Chicago Burbs

HighRise1202 View Post
Yes, I see the TF opening at 804.3 today. It hit the 23 fib 1 minute later. However, it continued down. You are looking for a reversal at the "deeps," aren't you? Would you have taken a short 1 minute after opening?

If you are making money trading the NFT method both short and long, I would appreciate your sharing that information. I just observed that Horst takes shorts. One can't help but want to copy the successful.

Ahhh ok....sorry for the confusion. There are a total of 10 homeplates that I look for......not just deeps...... BB's MUST give their blessings. Price bar action MUST also give blessing. I look for entries at all homeplates. It just happens that deeps are the most common.

Would I have taken a short 1 min after market opening?...yes without hesitation, if I had seen it...

My vids are all posted in the website back to last October when I started recording them. If you want to know the percentage of longs to shorts, go for it and collect the data and report back. I seriously have no idea what the ratio is.

My philosophy is "a successful trade is a successful trade" and if it was long or short, I really don't care nor do I even pay attention. You seem to be dwelling on something that I see as insignificant and have never given much thought to. I repeat myself, long or short, there is no difference............

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Hey guys, I haven't read your posts as I had a very important presentation I had to give today to the Venture Capital association, so I decided to sleep in. I will trade market replay and see if I can add any commentary but it doesn't look like it from reading just a few lines.

Vid coming soon.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 RosDaBoss 
USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation, Win98
Trading: 6E, ES, TF
Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 27

Highrise,

I know that Horst is an anagram for "Short", but I've seen many videos where he goes LONG. The anagram may have you set on that belief. The patterns speak to him and from what I've seen he doesn't have a preference for SHORT positions.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

RosDaBoss View Post
Highrise,

I know that Horst is an anagram for "Short", but I've seen many videos where he goes LONG. The anagram may have you set on that belief. The patterns speak to him and from what I've seen he doesn't have a preference for SHORT positions.

I agree. During February he took lots of longs that are all online at the NFT website. Of course, I didn't like seeing that as I was going short. haha....

I didn't realize the anagram and that is pretty cool. I will name my next kid "glon" haha...

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts