NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 234,844 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

vovan348 
Moscow

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Per counter-trend trading, most would say they are not high PROB. Trades in general as Trend following is much higher.

To me, Counter-Trend has been my way of life so it 'sings' to me much more then being a 'follower'. What I am trying to do now is keep a longer horizon view making sure I understand what is happening, weekly, daily, and below and trying to figure out good trendlines/S&R/Consolidation zones/Breakouts or TYPICAL PRICE ACTION but brought down to the lower time frame and hitting entries only risking 5 ticks.

I am coming to the conclusion for myself that having a 144 chart staring me in the face is not a positive thing. It is distracting, micro-trading that will only leave me most likely with the smallest runs. A larger timeframe (1597t or whatever...) chart really is a better way to play the market and honing your entries once you come to an area through the 144 tick.

Per counter-trend trading. Again it depends on your definition of the trend. Pull back is mini trend against the major trend, right? So taking trades at the end of the pull back is also counter-trend trade.

When you counter-trend 144 you follow the trend at 1597. As you said it seem a better idea to use 144 just as an entry TF and use for exp. 440 as trading TF end 1597 as bigger TF. Wait for the area on 1597 then watch 440, get in at 144 then back to 440. This way you get small SL and bigger targets.

@HighRise1202 I don't really get that question. Probably because I'm russian.
If you meant counter-trend trading I guess we answered it. I think we are always counter-trend trading at least you jump in the quick move with market order and hoping it will keep running.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

bluemele View Post
No worries, I think we are all in the holiday spirit talking about 'spirits' and fun. We are all too often focused only on trading.. Or at the least I am...

Per the pig in the dirt, it is called an IMU and of course it is delicious... Imu - Hawaiian Underground Oven

I like crispy skin even more
https://www.cocktailpianist.com/images/Roasted-Pig.jpg

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

That could have been cooked in the oven. Per the Department of Health, State of Hawaii, Luau meet must be baked if I am not mistaken. Still looks absolutely YUMMY!

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
@HighRise1202 I don't really get that question. Probably because I'm russian.
If you meant counter-trend trading I guess we answered it. I think we are always counter-trend trading at least you jump in the quick move with market order and hoping it will keep running.

Just drink some vodka and it will come to you. haha.. "Budem zdorovy"

He was meaning I think both counter-trend trading and also not waiting for confirmation of trend change. At least that is what I think about.

Thanked by:

vovan348 
Moscow

Platform: Trade Nav., NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 612
Thanks Received: 406

bluemele View Post
Just drink some vodka and it will come to you. haha.. "Budem zdorovy"

I did. Didn't help. Lol.

Good Russian. That's all you need in case you want to visit us. Haha...

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

vovan348 View Post
I did. Didn't help. Lol.

Good Russian. That's all you need in case you want to visit us. Haha...

I have a brother-n-law and a sister-n-law from Kazhakstan. I got plenty of cheap, shitty vodka while I was there. Oh, if I said that within that country my head would be chopped off in a soccer stadium. haha.....

I do want to visit Moscow and St. Pete's some day. I actually have allergies to alcohol now that causes me to sneeze uncontrollably for like 2 days! The only partying I could probably do is smoke a joint which sadly is still illegal in most parts of the world....

Vincent Vega 
Beer Sheva,Israel

Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 49
Thanks Received: 54

bluemele View Post
The only partying I could probably do is smoke a joint which sadly is still illegal in most parts of the world....

“Only one who devotes himself to a cause with his whole strength and soul can be a true master. For this reason mastery demands all of a person.”--Albert Einstein

sunny135 
Mississauga,Ontario,Canada

Platform: Ninja trader
Trading: eur/es/tf/cl
Thanks Given: 36
Thanks Received: 6

Bluemele
!>> what was your entry criteria in that? Do you use 610 as your deciding chart to enter the trade?
2>>I saw high time macds (987, 1587) shows uptrend but they are off the rail)
thanks

bluemele View Post
I feel lucky to have this...

What an interesting chop filled day. I believe today officially ends my Holiday stop trading day. No trading till probably the 9th of January. I will look at tomorrow's market, but probably will not trade.

I hesitated, didn't get filled and exited the best entry I had. I couldn't make up my mind but I 'knew' the direction. (I figured the odds were good)

Video

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

sunny135 View Post
Bluemele
!>> what was your entry criteria in that? Do you use 610 as your deciding chart to enter the trade?
2>>I saw high time macds (987, 1587) shows uptrend but they are off the rail)
thanks

Not sure I follow which trade you are asking about?

I was looking for short because the higher timeframes with Fib's looked like short was the better answer. MACDBB was rolling over and a long ways from support, so the longer trade would be short till I hit major support.

Pretty rangy morning and glad I did as well as I did, but I think in 2012 you will see much better.

I am diligently working on bettering my performance. Less noise, more focus.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Woke up a little late and a bit groggy. I most likely would have taken that short out of the market open, but no big deal.

I took a short later in the day, but I failed to put in a longer term trend/support line for the wedge and that is where I could have taken my 1.5 points and been done for the day. After that, the trend looked up, and I didn't see an entry and it was a little late for my trading so I just called it a day.

There was a beautiful break of the channel, then pull back and continuation which was textbook but it all happened when I was wrapping up my vid and done for the day. Hopefully this week will be a bit more stable and start back full time again. It has been a nice break from the morning trades.

No nerves really, more patience but failed to set proper Targets prior to entry of trade. One thing I have realized that either because of the general nature of futures and rollovers as well as how the data is generated through NT, that the trendlines long term get goofed up if you update them. For instance on CL, today was a perfect touch off my old trendlines, but I updated them to the new 02-12 and nowhere close... Interesting...

Video

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts