NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TF day trading

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 759 posts (1,373 thanks)
    2. looks_two vovan348 with 99 posts (57 thanks)
    3. looks_3 HighRise1202 with 77 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 43 posts (74 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bluemele with 1.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 PandaWarrior with 1.6 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 vovan348 with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 233,706 views
    2. thumb_up 1,786 thanks given
    3. group 65 followers
    1. forum 1,324 posts
    2. attach_file 239 attachments

Search this Thread

TF day trading

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Trading: TF
Thanks Given: 3,803
Thanks Received: 2,842

Finally uploaded and processed from yesterday

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
43 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Ok, better today. I still had some tough love on a no-fill after a gift on the tick. I didn't think I needed to move my stop above the high, but it got one more pop in...

I gave an example at the end of the video of what my poor trading habits are costing me.

1. Small stop and not adjusting 1 tick above high = 2.3 points! WOW...

2. Pulling profit early = .8 ticks

Pulling my profit early didn't bother me as I saw it building strength and was considering the long, but it did just hit my target, but I am ok with this as I was 95% of the way there.

Having the stop not moved 1 tick above the high was the big problem. Ouch.

I finally did some EFT's today, which was good. It is amazing how effective they are! I had no anxiety to exit my trade really and just focused on the longer term charts. I don't understand how EFT's work, but it is amazing none-the-less. I could be doing them daily but I almost think I am too lazy or self-sabotaging to do them religiously.

I give myself a B today for following the rules.

Video

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

bluemele View Post
Ok, better today. I still had some tough love on a no-fill after a gift on the tick. I didn't think I needed to move my stop above the high, but it got one more pop in...

I gave an example at the end of the video of what my poor trading habits are costing me.

1. Small stop and not adjusting 1 tick above high = 2.3 points! WOW...

2. Pulling profit early = .8 ticks

Pulling my profit early didn't bother me as I saw it building strength and was considering the long, but it did just hit my target, but I am ok with this as I was 95% of the way there.

Having the stop not moved 1 tick above the high was the big problem. Ouch.

I finally did some EFT's today, which was good. It is amazing how effective they are! I had no anxiety to exit my trade really and just focused on the longer term charts. I don't understand how EFT's work, but it is amazing none-the-less. I could be doing them daily but I almost think I am too lazy or self-sabotaging to do them religiously.

I give myself a B today for following the rules.

Video

When you mention EFT's, are you referring to Emotional Freedom Techniques ? I just googled that and saw a site on that. Since I am now in a situation where I will have to rely on Trading income, I get way too much adrenaline going when I enter a trade...and it's starting to cause Blood pressure issues. Maybe I should look into this. Too many "Fight or Flight" trading episodes have screwed up my nervous system and adrenal glands. The ironic thing is right now, my ability to read price action and market moves is better than ever...but I still have this extremely sensitive nervous system that makes my heart pound ..etc.

Thanked by:

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

lancelottrader View Post
When you mention EFT's, are you referring to Emotional Freedom Techniques ? I just googled that and saw a site on that. Since I am now in a situation where I will have to rely on Trading income, I get way too much adrenaline going when I enter a trade...and it's starting to cause Blood pressure issues. Maybe I should look into this. Too many "Fight or Flight" trading episodes have screwed up my nervous system and adrenal glands. The ironic thing is right now, my ability to read price action and market moves is better than ever...but I still have this extremely sensitive nervous system that makes my heart pound ..etc.

Yes, EFT's "Emotional Freedom Technique's"

It would be great if Mike could do a webinar on that! It is earth shattering to me, and I haven't done them in weeks.... I say I am, I tell myself I am, then when I start, I tell myself "Well, they don't work if you don't know what to 'free' yourself of..." and I pretend to ignore the problems.

Today I did it like this:

"Even though I move my stops, I deeply and completely accept myself"

Tap 9 times in all the magical spots... hum, sing the song, hum, etc.. and one more round and voila..

I think that is why I didn't move my stop above the lower-high earlier and it cost me. So, now I must change it and be more specific.

"Even Though I MOVE MY STOP TO BREAKEVEN, I DEEPLY AND COMPLETELY ACCEPT MYSELF".

Amazing how a word can screw you up.

I believe in them 100% and I made a post on another thread about them. I saw what they did to my wife and my mother and wow...

My mother used to have so much anxiety. She is my property manager on several rental properties. (stressful job)

Ever since she started doing them, she doesn't stress anymore. It has been a year since she last did them and she occasionally gets stressed for a minute or two, but then snaps out of it. She has suffered from extreme negativity and stress her entire life. She loves creating it...

Now she has given it up. Took 3 rotations of EFT's...

If you truly want to do them, I could skype conference some people and we can show the world.. Pretty cool stuff...

The challenge is to actually want to do them. For instance, my mother doesn't want to do it for smoking... She doesn't want to quit because she will 'get fat' and so she will not let me do the routine on her for smoking... amazing isn't it..

lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

bluemele View Post
Yes, EFT's "Emotional Freedom Technique's"

It would be great if Mike could do a webinar on that! It is earth shattering to me, and I haven't done them in weeks.... I say I am, I tell myself I am, then when I start, I tell myself "Well, they don't work if you don't know what to 'free' yourself of..." and I pretend to ignore the problems.

Today I did it like this:

"Even though I move my stops, I deeply and completely accept myself"

Tap 9 times in all the magical spots... hum, sing the song, hum, etc.. and one more round and voila..

I think that is why I didn't move my stop above the lower-high earlier and it cost me. So, now I must change it and be more specific.

"Even Though I MOVE MY STOP TO BREAKEVEN, I DEEPLY AND COMPLETELY ACCEPT MYSELF".

Amazing how a word can screw you up.

I believe in them 100% and I made a post on another thread about them. I saw what they did to my wife and my mother and wow...

My mother used to have so much anxiety. She is my property manager on several rental properties. (stressful job)

Ever since she started doing them, she doesn't stress anymore. It has been a year since she last did them and she occasionally gets stressed for a minute or two, but then snaps out of it. She has suffered from extreme negativity and stress her entire life. She loves creating it...

Now she has given it up. Took 3 rotations of EFT's...

If you truly want to do them, I could skype conference some people and we can show the world.. Pretty cool stuff...

The challenge is to actually want to do them. For instance, my mother doesn't want to do it for smoking... She doesn't want to quit because she will 'get fat' and so she will not let me do the routine on her for smoking... amazing isn't it..

Thanks a lot. I am reading the manual on them right now...it makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely be giving them a try.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

lancelottrader View Post
Thanks a lot. I am reading the manual on them right now...it makes a lot of sense. I'll definitely be giving them a try.

@lancelottrader, where did you pick up the manual? Online or did you mail order?

I have a copy of an old one, so just curious... The video's are GREAT!!!

I am not sure about copyright or I would upload them....

PandaWarrior 
In the heat

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 6,329
Thanks Received: 13,404

EFT-Emotional Freedom Technique

Link to EFT stuff on trading naked. I think I may give this a shot or at least learn about it over this month.

Oops, turns out most of the links on this page do not work.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, Leonardo da Vinci

Most people chose unhappiness over uncertainty, Tim Ferris

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

PandaWarrior View Post
EFT-Emotional Freedom Technique

Link to EFT stuff on trading naked. I think I may give this a shot or at least learn about it over this month.

Yes, perfect, the links at the bottom are what I have! Thank for sharing. I couldn't find those on youtube when I was trying to share with a friend.

Cool...

They are brilliant, but the trick is that you have to know what your problem is and that is why doing it with somebody that knows this technique and knows your challenges or is one of those people who can pick it up quickly (your issues) is the key.

lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

bluemele View Post
@ lancelottrader, where did you pick up the manual? Online or did you mail order?

I have a copy of an old one, so just curious... The video's are GREAT!!!

I am not sure about copyright or I would upload them....

It's basically a PDF file they have on a site called EFT universe. Kind of a manual for beginners.

bluemele 
Honolulu, Hawaii

Cool, I think I went to that site about a year ago...

I would love to attend one of those seminar's! And get some advanced training. I am the only person around me that does this stuff... everyone else just laughs or shrugs it off...

From EFT UNIVERSE
https://www.eftuniverse.com/images/pdf_files/eftquickstart.pdf

Last Updated on July 12, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts