NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Where and How Do You Trade (via which device)?

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one toucan94506bm with 6 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two Joseph Connors with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Tymbeline with 2 posts (6 thanks)
    4. looks_4 alex7777 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chasepatrol with 7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Tymbeline with 3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 toucan94506bm with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,237 views
    2. thumb_up 76 thanks given
    3. group 408 followers
    1. forum 31 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Where and How Do You Trade (via which device)?

Liberty88 
Chicago, USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja. trying Sierra...
Broker: Ninja, Stage 5 for Sierra
Trading: Futures: ES, CL, GC
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 46

Big Mike View Post
Hi guys,

Please vote & discuss.

Please select where you trade, and also select how you trade (via which device).

Mike

Hello Mike,
I think you need to redo this poll as two separate questions (Where do you trade? AND Which device do you trade on?).

Because from the responses we can see most people are not entering two responses to a single question.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
About a successful futures trader who didn´t know anyth …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

maybeimajerk01 
Toronto and Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 6

I trade Futures with pc, 4monitors at home. I can’t see how you guys can trade them on your phone.. it’s really tiny information with smartphone.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
toucan94506bm
danville ca usa

Thanks Given: 48
Thanks Received: 75

maybeimajerk01 View Post
I trade Futures with pc, 4monitors at home. I can’t see how you guys can trade them on your phone.. it’s really tiny information with smartphone.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

same here... pc with 4 monitors at home. i daytrade metals, crude and natty.. what do you trade and do you daytrade?

thanks
toucan

maybeimajerk01 
Toronto and Canada

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Rithmic
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 6

toucan94506bm View Post
same here... pc with 4 monitors at home. i daytrade metals, crude and natty.. what do you trade and do you daytrade?

thanks
toucan

I'm a day trader and especially metals, forex. Nice to meet you Toucan. :-)

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
toucan94506bm
danville ca usa

maybeimajerk01 View Post
I'm a day trader and especially metals, forex. Nice to meet you Toucan. :-)

nice to meet you too.

i've been daytrading 25 years... how long have you been trading.

i usually trade from 8am est to 11am est, sometimes until 12 noon. i look for trends, my setups are pullback, range and fast moving trends... i tend to trade off of high/low of yesterday and a high/low range of the 2 hours in the early am. my trades are usually less than 10 minutes.

what i expect to happen is:

trade more than half of the good trends... i cant see/catch/decide to enter them all and some of them price moves too quick to trade
make less than 25% mistakes when looking for a setup or entry point... mistakes are those that i make... could be a losing or profitable trade
achieve more than 50% profitable trades... actual is 50-60%
achieve more than 1.5 $ profit versus 1$ loss... actual is about 1.6 to 1
keep stoploss less than $1,000.. ive been increasing number of contracts over the last 4-5 years. as i get comfortable with more contracts
trade less than 10 contracts... metals and energies usually have less than 10 contracts per level and i use market orders.
only trade futures that have less than 3 tick spread.. using market orders 3+ tick spread eats into my profits. most of last year, i didn't trade natty due to wide spreads.

if you are comfortable, please tell me what your process is.

thanks
toucan

alex7777 
San Diego California

Experience: None
Platform: Tradestation, Tradingview
Trading: MCL, QM, GBPJPY
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 52

With a full-time job often starting in the afternoon to night time, I trade on my desktop in the morning -- if I have open positions I manage them on my phone during work. I am in California so tNew York hree hours ahead makes it a little easier however I get up at 3:30 a.m. before trading to review charts -- get coffee etc. My trades are simple 50 percent pullback buys/sells with target and stop already set. Markets include forex/futures/metals. In the last year one improvement that helped me was alerts set on my charting package that when it hits a price I want to enter at, the alert sends it to my email which in turn notifies me on my smartwatch -- If I am at work, I pull out my phone -- enter at the price I choose. That way I don't have to be watching the charts all the time. Before I place the trade, I already know where the trend is going -- where price points are etc. I have measured my targets already and simply wait for the setup. My destop is simply a mini-desktop from asus connected to a 43 inch 4k television. I don't use any indicators, just candles and measured moves so high-powered graphic cards that can count every atom on the planet are not needed. Many times also I use my tablet the same way as my destop -- I save charts and review them often on my phone so I remember why I place the price at a point -- many markets one can forget the why and where.

toucan94506bm
danville ca usa

alex7777 View Post
With a full-time job often starting in the afternoon to night time, I trade on my desktop in the morning -- if I have open positions I manage them on my phone during work. I am in California so tNew York hree hours ahead makes it a little easier however I get up at 3:30 a.m. before trading to review charts -- get coffee etc. My trades are simple 50 percent pullback buys/sells with target and stop already set. Markets include forex/futures/metals. In the last year one improvement that helped me was alerts set on my charting package that when it hits a price I want to enter at, the alert sends it to my email which in turn notifies me on my smartwatch -- If I am at work, I pull out my phone -- enter at the price I choose. That way I don't have to be watching the charts all the time. Before I place the trade, I already know where the trend is going -- where price points are etc. I have measured my targets already and simply wait for the setup. My destop is simply a mini-desktop from asus connected to a 43 inch 4k television. I don't use any indicators, just candles and measured moves so high-powered graphic cards that can count every atom on the planet are not needed. Many times also I use my tablet the same way as my destop -- I save charts and review them often on my phone so I remember why I place the price at a point -- many markets one can forget the why and where.

hi there... im another california trader so i understand the early trading.. i also use tradestation and have a 43 " monitor... i daytrade futures for metals, energies and natty.

im east of san francisco... where are you?

cheers

toucan

alex7777 
San Diego California

Experience: None
Platform: Tradestation, Tradingview
Trading: MCL, QM, GBPJPY
Thanks Given: 152
Thanks Received: 52

toucan94506bm View Post
hi there... im another california trader so i understand the early trading.. i also use tradestation and have a 43 " monitor... i daytrade futures for metals, energies and natty.

im east of san francisco... where are you?

cheers

toucan

San Diego

toucan94506bm
danville ca usa

ahhh.. nice place to live

alex7777 View Post
San Diego

Thanked by:

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

toucan94506bm View Post
ahhh.. nice place to live

I might interject here. It is a very beautiful place! I used to live in Carlsbad.

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 12, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts