NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,469 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

rgeholt
London England UK

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 22

NinjaTrader View Post
With all due respect, that's not what I said.

"Have been" which is past tense.

My main point was that our support forum today, does not have a Web and a Mobile category(s) where users can post questions specific to these platforms and that these will be added shortly.

'Have been training up' is not the same as 'fully trained'.

I would have done that first and made sure the functionality was improved and not made poorer, which as you can see from this tread, is how its going.

With all due respect, this is sub par in my opinion, I really do hope that you can prove me wrong and this can be the platform we all hope it can be with 'upgrades'!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
rgeholt
London England UK

Big Mike View Post
Honestly, NT can be very difficult to beat. It just all depends.

I do have to say that NinjaTrader Ray has been the most open speaker in the 14 year history of our site. Bottom line, you can't please everyone.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Since the update that has been the opposite of my experience. and aside from the heavy load and chart lag it has been ok, but it is now worse. If other members who are not paid by NT who might be able to give me some advice id still greatly appreciate it.

This is a forum for sharing ideas and frank discussion, not plugs after all.

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

rgeholt View Post
'Have been training up' is not the same as 'fully trained'.

I would have done that first and made sure the functionality was improved and not made poorer, which as you can see from this tread, is how its going.

With all due respect, this is sub par in my opinion, I really do hope that you can prove me wrong and this can be the platform we all hope it can be with 'upgrades'!

You raise a good point, I could have said they are fully trained but the reality is that none of our customer service reps are ever fully trained, there is always something to learn especially with complex trading platforms. That said, I think I can be bold and say that our customer service over twenty year history has always received top marks. Not saying balls don't ever get dropped here and there, but in the aggregate, we have always done a good job so, test us, see what your experience is like. I hope its good and you stick around. I would have to disagree that functionality has been made poorer, but respect your opinion.

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
rgeholt
London England UK

NinjaTrader View Post
You raise a good point, I could have said they are fully trained but the reality is that none of our customer service reps are ever fully trained, there is always something to learn especially with complex trading platforms. That said, I think I can be bold and say that our customer service over twenty year history has always received top marks. Not saying balls don't ever get dropped here and there, but in the aggregate, we have always done a good job so, test us, see what your experience is like. I hope its good and you stick around. I would have to disagree that functionality has been made poorer, but respect your opinion.

Ray

Ill give it some time and will always wait 2+ updates after something like this, but if your not told then how can you know. I train people to day trade and a lot of my customers are not enjoying the new experience.

But that is why something like this is great, conversion and improvement, win win both sides! I am also very glad someone in your position is here to be part of the conversation.

Thanked by:
 Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

autogenix View Post
They also cut the Desktop functionality if using another broker, which requires a multi broker license, no static dom no more. Only the dynamic dom from now on. And no, they did not bother to even announce this breaking change and cutting the functionality you bought.

That is not correct. I also thought that, but you can still keep your other broker and use the platform. But you are right they did not notify anybody (at least I did not get any notification) of the changes and release of the latest version.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

faithdefender View Post
I could not have said it better. As if ALL Vendors have integrity. With everything in life you have the good, the bad and the ugly. Vendors included. aka opportunists. Why isnt NinjaTrader doing more to screen these Vendors and why are they not protecting those of us who paid for a lifetime license?

I have been hurt financially by numerous Vendors, the last being JFRCB Trading. Because I left a review, I was banned from access to their indicator instructions/videos on their Discord.

Furthermore, when I try to warn others in the webinars, I have my chat deleted almost immediately.

NinjaTrader says contact so and so. I have. I have sent them details of my experiences, and never heard back. So my question? Why isnt NinjaTrader protecting their customers?

Ninja Trader knows 98 % of traders are not going to make it . So why not put them out of their misery as soon as possible and get all the money they can while there is some left . it is just that simple .

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,534

rgeholt View Post
Since the update that has been the opposite of my experience. and aside from the heavy load and chart lag it has been ok, but it is now worse. If other members who are not paid by NT who might be able to give me some advice id still greatly appreciate it.

This is a forum for sharing ideas and frank discussion, not plugs after all.

Just a reminder that I'm the one that sent out a newsletter highlighting this thread. This thread has more complaints than anything else at this point.

I think the advice you are wanting to hear is simple: Quit NinjaTrader if you dislike it.

But you will quickly find that it's much easier said than done. Competition is great, but depending on your needs, you are not likely to find a real replacement for NT.

You could always build your own custom platform. Like me.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
rgeholt
London England UK

Big Mike View Post
Just a reminder that I'm the one that sent out a newsletter highlighting this thread. This thread has more complaints than anything else at this point.

I think the advice is are wanting to hear is simple: Quit NinjaTrader if you dislike it.

But you will quickly find that it's much easier said than done. Competition is great, but depending on your needs, you are not likely to find a real replacement for NT.

You could always build your own custom platform. Like me.

Mike

I don't dislike it, and as you said this thread is laying bare problems, which is great and helpful to all users, unlike your "just quit response".

I was just asking for the opinion of others who are not paid by the the platform I am asking for alternatives to NT as I am not expert, infact have little info on US futures platforms.

I don't have time to build one or the inclination, or expertise, I'm a trader and I want to look at alternatives. I was asking advice, which is what you state this site is for. But thanks for the 'helpful' advice.

Thanked by:

DanDaMan 
QC/Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 325
Thanks Received: 193

rgeholt View Post
I don't dislike it, and as you said this thread is laying bare problems, which is great and helpful to all users, unlike your "just quit response".

I was just asking for the opinion of others who are not paid by the the platform I am asking for alternatives to NT as I am not expert, infact have little info on US futures platforms.

I don't have time to build one or the inclination, or expertise, I'm a trader and I want to look at alternatives. I was asking advice, which is what you state this site is for. But thanks for the 'helpful' advice.

If you are asking for one of the most flexible (even more flexible) and performant platform alternatives to NT-
I would recommend strongly to look at Sierra Charts.
They have a ton of features built right in, with much more customization options. Support is also lighting fast, stellar, and serious. They will find and fix any problems, quick. Most problems that I’ve encountered were patched within a day or two- very minor things. Also Sierra features actually get developed.
NT8 is still missing a ton of rudimentary features available on most other platforms. It sometimes baffles me when I go on their support board and see such basics or common sense features requested years ago- with pages of people requesting them- yet the thread dates back many many years- think 8+ years- and they still haven’t implemented them- even support keeps saying that they’ve added the feature request to their list. Not even talking about obscure or exotic features.
Don’t take my word for it- just spend a few minutes on their support board and look for feature requests.

However- all that being said- NT8 is a very powerful platform, and better than many other alternatives.
It all depends what your use case is. I personally like it, and can deal with many of its short comings.
As Mike said- it’s hard to satisfy everyone, and if you want the perfect platform that satisfies all your needs and wants- you might just have to develop it- if you can. Otherwise adapt to what’s out there, or adapt it the best you can to you.

rgeholt
London England UK

DanDaMan View Post
If you are asking for one of the most flexible (even more flexible) and performant platform alternatives to NT-
I would recommend strongly to look at Sierra Charts.
They have a ton of features built right in, with much more customization options. Support is also lighting fast, stellar, and serious. They will find and fix any problems, quick. Most problems that I’ve encountered were patched within a day or two- very minor things. Also Sierra features actually get developed.
NT8 is still missing a ton of rudimentary features available on most other platforms. It sometimes baffles me when I go on their support board and see such basics or common sense features requested years ago- with pages of people requesting them- yet the thread dates back many many years- think 8+ years- and they still haven’t implemented them- even support keeps saying that they’ve added the feature request to their list. Not even talking about obscure or exotic features.
Don’t take my word for it- just spend a few minutes on their support board and look for feature requests.

However- all that being said- NT8 is a very powerful platform, and better than many other alternatives.
It all depends what your use case is. I personally like it, and can deal with many of its short comings.
As Mike said- it’s hard to satisfy everyone, and if you want the perfect platform that satisfies all your needs and wants- you might just have to develop it- if you can. Otherwise adapt to what’s out there, or adapt it the best you can to you.

Thanks I really appreciate it, I tried to google options but there are far, far too many options for me to test for a couple of weeks/month or more then make a selection. I will defiantly try them.

I do like NT but will wait for further stability & improvements after this update, and there never any harm in having eggs in many baskets, I learnt that the hard way with all my clients, my fund and my PA and Pension all at MF Global (that left a hole that too a while to refill).

Thank you again for narrowing my search and at least giving me a starting point.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts