NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,571 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

Klausi 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 30

I think, new version is a exellent work all in all.

For me transition from the old to the new version is a bit difficult. This should be subject of an improvement to make it easier

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Ninja Mobile Trader VPS (ninjamobiletrader.com)
Trading Reviews and Vendors
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
60 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
24 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
John4y
Brussels/Belgium

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 7

SteveC55374 View Post
The new "look" is ok, I have some issues with connection that have not happened in the past. Also there seems to be a bit of lag now in the DOM, would be nice if they would actually improve the DOM as it is weak, weak, weak.

Forget about “the new look”, that’s really secondary !

Most important is reliable data transmission/communication and multi brokers API interconnection as they had before. However, since the updates NT7 has become a mess with such interconnections and some brokers (e.g. IB) can’t follow Ninja’s implementations. As a consequence many NT7 related applications are failing to work now and a migration to NT8 not evident within short time !

Moreover, the updates also impacted application interconnections with NT8 for which some link are not working anymore !

So NINJATRADER, please reconsider to reinstate previous API related interconnection with NT7 & NT8

Thanked by:

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

the edge View Post
I have a lifetime license to NT and all I want to do from time to time is download updates. For the last 15 years all I needed to do was click the download link on the NT website to update the software. I totally dislike that I need to create an account from a webpage that doesn't work to just update my software.

As of yesterday the webpage to create an account appears to be broken. I tried multiple times both on my desktop, Laptop and iPad with Firefox, Edge, and Brave to create an account.

After entering my email and clicking the "Sign-In" button nothing happens.

Thanks for taking care of your paid customers by making things so difficult.

For sure there is the extra step of creating an account now however, the brick wall you have run into in trying to create an account of course is unexpected. If you PM me directly and reference this thread, I will escalate and have someone work with you directly to troubleshoot why you are running into this problem.

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

Frosty14 View Post
Ninja is not my main platform. However, I will say the upgrade to ATM strategies becoming server side is a HUGE deal. I found this out the hard way after a couple times of comp going to sleep and targets being hit on OCO orders, not canceling stops, and then the original stop filling as a limit order.
Since Ninja has taken over TRADOVATE its not surprising that the new web version of Ninja is a replicate of TRADOVATE (I have not checked it out yet so I’m not speaking from firsthand, only what I’ve gathered from reading in here). My concern there is that shortly before the acquisition and to this day, , Tradovate had all but given up in their community help forum and suggestion where Brian Weiss was very active along with their main programmer. They’re both either gone or just don’t care anymore.

Hopefully it’s not just a copy paste or just a name change of the same platform. Lots of problems and issues with platform have been addressed and completely ignored. Example: simple lines, zone boxes drawn the session before disappearing and either never reappearing or randomly appearing after a period of time. Improvements and updates to the web version ceased happening well over a year ago.

These problems and lack of continued updates and improvements caused A LOT of top programmers in the community to leave. Coders that coded some really awesome and extremely useful indicators have completely abandoned ship. I’ve addressed this in the Tradovate forum multiple times and have not received any answers from anyone.

I’m addressing this here because Ninja has bought out Tradovate and from what I am reading, the new web browser version of Ninja is the same as Tradovates web version. Am I correct to assume that the Ninja Version has none of Tradovates community indicators and scripts available, or is that something that can get carried over?

Thanks for your candid feedback.

- Yes, NinjaTrader Web and Mobile and good parts of the brokerage account dashboard come from Tradovate
- I can't comment on the lack of support specific to Tradovate but I will pass this along to make sure its addressed
- NinjaTrader customer support staff have been training up on Web and Mobile, we are about to expand our support forum to include Web and Mobile categories so we can deliver the same level of support that you have grown accustomed to with the NinjaTrader platform over the past 20 years
- Web is an important part of our growth plans for the future so rest assured, we are committed to its development
- Technically Tradovate community indicators work on the NinjaTrader branded version but I will check to see if they are accessible, that I don't know, good question
- Brian is employed at NinjaTrader and sits on our executive team, the lead developer Victor has become our Chief Architect. They care, there deliverables just changed. In any case, as mentioned above, I will check into the support side of the house

Hopes this helps provide clarity for you.

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.

Site Sponsor

John4y View Post
Forget about “the new look”, that’s really secondary !

Most important is reliable data transmission/communication and multi brokers API interconnection as they had before. However, since the updates NT7 has become a mess with such interconnections and some brokers (e.g. IB) can’t follow Ninja’s implementations. As a consequence many NT7 related applications are failing to work now and a migration to NT8 not evident within short time !

Moreover, the updates also impacted application interconnections with NT8 for which some link are not working anymore !

So NINJATRADER, please reconsider to reinstate previous API related interconnection with NT7 & NT8

I would like to address your comments but I could use more information from you. Can I ask you to be more specific about what you mean by interconnections and what's no longer works?

In general, we don't develop to NinjaTrader 7 anymore, have not for quite some time. You will continue to have access to it for the unforeseeable future.

Dasani 
United States of America

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 40

NinjaTrader View Post
I would like to address your comments but I could use more information from you. Can I ask you to be more specific about what you mean by interconnections and what's no longer works?

In general, we don't develop to NinjaTrader 7 anymore, have not for quite some time. You will continue to have access to it for the unforeseeable future.

Can you estimate how long the "unforeseeable future" is with NT 7?

Site Sponsor

Dasani View Post
Can you estimate how long the "unforeseeable future" is with NT 7?

I can't. But I can say we have NinjaTrader 6.5, has to be 15+ years old now, we have yet to turn off access to that yet.

Ray

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

the edge View Post
As of yesterday the webpage to create an account appears to be broken. I tried multiple times both on my desktop, Laptop and iPad with Firefox, Edge, and Brave to create an account.

After entering my email and clicking the "Sign-In" button nothing happens.

Just a follow up to my prior response. Have you by chance cleared your browser cache and cookies and tried again?

Ray

Thilo1979 
Hannover - Lower Saxony - Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8, Tradenavigator, MT4
Trading: Currency Futures, German and US Index Futures, Commodity Futures
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 6

NinjaTrader View Post
I can't. But I can say we have NinjaTrader 6.5, has to be 15+ years old now, we have yet to turn off access to that yet.

Ray

Ninjatrader gets worse and worse as time goes by.
When I bought my full version years ago, I was sure I would be able to use my CQG data feeds like other trader I know. Support told me "only older versions are "allowed" to use a non-branded CQG data feed".
So I paid for another CQG aka Continuum data feed from Ninja although I already had one.
Trading with Ninjabrokerage was ok as long as Philip Capital and Dorman made the clearing - after Ninjabrokerage tried to do the clearing, I had a margin call with one ZW futures contract long in a 70k $ account. Support only answered with links to the Ninja margin specs site, what was not helpful at all.
Even WHS brokerage, that could be connected to Ninja for many years has got kicked out by Ninja.
And now friends of mine told me that mzPack indicators stopped working after having updated to the "new Ninjatrader" - what comes next?
It's obvious Ninja tries to monetarize not only on charting but also on brokerage, and tries to prevent users from using other brokers or data providers. But Ninja had been a great charting and trading tool because you could use 3rd party brokerage or 3rd party data feed and 3rd party indicators - and by beeing greedy as you are you destroy what once had been a good platform.
Whenever friends asked me which charting software to buy or which program to run algos with I told them "Ninjatrader" for years - since my experience with Ninjabrokerage clearing, the support that does not support and all the data feed and brokerage restrictions introduced the last years I tell everyone to use Sierra or ATAS for charting, and Multicharts, Tradestation or Tradenavigator for algos.

It's time to leave this software for sure.

Thanked by:

Site Sponsor

Thilo1979 View Post
Ninjatrader gets worse and worse as time goes by.
When I bought my full version years ago, I was sure I would be able to use my CQG data feeds like other trader I know. Support told me "only older versions are "allowed" to use a non-branded CQG data feed".
So I paid for another CQG aka Continuum data feed from Ninja although I already had one.
Trading with Ninjabrokerage was ok as long as Philip Capital and Dorman made the clearing - after Ninjabrokerage tried to do the clearing, I had a margin call with one ZW futures contract long in a 70k $ account. Support only answered with links to the Ninja margin specs site, what was not helpful at all.
Even WHS brokerage, that could be connected to Ninja for many years has got kicked out by Ninja.
And now friends of mine told me that mzPack indicators stopped working after having updated to the "new Ninjatrader" - what comes next?
It's obvious Ninja tries to monetarize not only on charting but also on brokerage, and tries to prevent users from using other brokers or data providers. But Ninja had been a great charting and trading tool because you could use 3rd party brokerage or 3rd party data feed and 3rd party indicators - and by beeing greedy as you are you destroy what once had been a good platform.
Whenever friends asked me which charting software to buy or which program to run algos with I told them "Ninjatrader" for years - since my experience with Ninjabrokerage clearing, the support that does not support and all the data feed and brokerage restrictions introduced the last years I tell everyone to use Sierra or ATAS for charting, and Multicharts, Tradestation or Tradenavigator for algos.

It's time to leave this software for sure.

There is a lot to unpack there so I am not going to try. We are a business and as such, have made decisions over the years to grow our business but never at the expense of our customers. We have ALWAYS grandfathered features, commissions and prices for existing customers. In fact, we have a few remaining customers that pay $20 per month for a NinjaTrader lease, from June of 2003! I think they would have been better off buying a Lifetime license, but to each their own. It is true that we eliminated access to what we deemed competitive 3rd party brokerages when NinjaTrader became a brokerage in 2014, but all existing customers at that time retained and still have access to those brokers, we never took anything away from them.

In any case, we appreciate the time you spent with us as a customer and wish you much success in your trading endeavors.

Ray

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts