NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 55,327 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

A word of caution about prior releases such as version 8.0.27.1 They have modified the installer. You cannot install a fresh install along side an existing installation.

Before the new release, i was able to install version 8.0.27.1 if before proceeding, i had renamed the existing Ninjatrader folder by something like 'NinjaTrader 8.prev'.

I used to keep a clean install in order to export my strategies and indicators into a zip format. It helped me avoid certain problems and help me identify a missing dependencies.

Forget about it, it is not possible anymore. You need to remove your existing Ninjatrader before re-installing a clean install.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Thanks Given: 217
Thanks Received: 990

Haven't read through the recent thread, but I'm having nothing but problems with the new version. Yesterday, platform completely crashed. Had to hard boot. Today, datafeed just stopped on the ES. Load time is VERY long.
I have a custom built computer just for trading - nothing else on it. Haven't had these problems since NT7.
Anyone else having platform problems?
Sending a detailed message to Ninja. I know the routine "You're doing something wrong". But I'll try anyway.

Thanked by:
 whuffo 
Dallas, TX USA

Platform: Sierra Charts
Broker: AMP
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 27

torento View Post
Anybody receiving a Continuum data feed delay here today

I have a 2 second delay on CL & ES
Anybody else? This has been a regular occurrence every couple of days since 8.1 was released

I'm still on 8.0.27.1 but when I attempted to update to NT8.1 the data lag was worse than in 8.0 so check your feed if I was you, anyway hope this is the right place to post

You can get an indicator that compares trade times to your PC clock. Available here.

Thanked by:

Joseph Connors 
Colorado Springs, CO USA

Broker: Ninjatrade
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Thanks Given: 93
Thanks Received: 106

steveb View Post
I wish they would have left the client portal alone. Since the new changes I had to contact support just to change my email because the chatbot they have on there gives incorrect information on doing this. I could change everything else; name, address, etc except my email. Also, whatever changes have been made at the company instead of previously where you contacted support and would get a reply in short order now in some cases it is the next day. I realize they have a lot of clients but based on their past history of getting back with clients in a timely manner nowadays it is wait and see..

I need to change my email as well so could you share the correct procedure to change the email?

Persistence! Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not ... nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not ... Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not ... The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent!
Calvin Coolidge

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Joseph Connors View Post
I need to change my email as well so could you share the correct procedure to change the email?

I had to get a fake email address from proton.me. Wouldn't recognize my brokerage account email. What a mess.

Someone should design a poster for their programming department which says: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

Thanked by:
 steve47 
Mansfield Ohio

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 3

You need to call brokerage support and they have to do it on their end.

Thanked by:
 zt379 
UK London
Market Wizard

Platform: NT
Thanks Given: 1,589
Thanks Received: 1,996

trendisyourfriend View Post
A word of caution about prior releases such as version 8.0.27.1 They have modified the installer. You cannot install a fresh install along side an existing installation.

Before the new release, i was able to install version 8.0.27.1 if before proceeding, i had renamed the existing Ninjatrader folder by something like 'NinjaTrader 8.prev'.

I used to keep a clean install in order to export my strategies and indicators into a zip format. It helped me avoid certain problems and help me identify a missing dependencies.

Forget about it, it is not possible anymore. You need to remove your existing Ninjatrader before re-installing a clean install.

@trendisyourfriend

Thanks for this information.

If I understand this situation with NT correctly then any upgrade from an existing version even to try out the latest version on demo would result in losing the previous version (?)

Are there any recommendations on how to revert back to a previous version ?

In light of the many issues not just with the latest v8.1.1x but with previous upgrades since NT 6.5 is seems unlikely many would want to upgrade to the latest version for some time.

This begs the question, in my opinion, why NT aren't providing the facility to revert back to an older version if having upgraded to the latest.

Many thx

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

They don't test these new versions adequately. The same thing has happened with every version upgrade. I hope none of these programmers have part time jobs with NASA on manned space flights. There would be a lot of
dead bodies.

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 4,176
Thanks Received: 6,020

Joseph Connors View Post

Have you tried https://simplelogin.io/

You can create email aliases there. It might do the trick without needing to change email.

Thanked by:
OptionsDave
San Diego CA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 9

torento View Post
Anybody receiving a Continuum data feed delay here today

I have a 2 second delay on CL & ES
Anybody else? This has been a regular occurrence every couple of days since 8.1 was released

I'm still on 8.0.27.1 but when I attempted to update to NT8.1 the data lag was worse than in 8.0 so check your feed if I was you, anyway hope this is the right place to post

There's posts on this in their forum. Can anyone tell me what this actually affects? Looks like they've acknowledged it as something that's broken but my data seems like it's still live

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts