NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 TP10 with 9 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 54,587 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

gaz0001 
United Kingdom, UK

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TWS, NT8 & TV
Broker: IB & NT
Trading: Futures, Stocks, Options & Crypto
Thanks Given: 45
Thanks Received: 90

horacioofman View Post
number of depth levels depends on the instrument you have selected, and also might be limited by the indicator or chart settings
Hope this helps

Depth level parameter in the indicator default is 10.

Also, NT Data feed only supports more than 10 levels for 2 Instruments, ES and CL.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
31 thanks
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
28 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
20 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
17 thanks
wesam999
turkey,ankara

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

hello
i cant log in to ninjatrader web
anybody have this issue?

johns52 
Michigan, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 6

johns52 View Post
I still haven't heard back from NinjaTrader regarding this Order Flow Indicator problem after 3 requests for help. Perhaps its a rare problem and they don't know the solution. Updated members in my Discord group are not having this problem. My 8.1.1.1 installation was a clean install so we can't blame Add-ons. I have a fast 6-core/12-thread computer with 64gb of RAM. I use an ethernet cable.

Another problem has surfaced this week. Twice I had NT8 lock up with both Live and Rithmic still connected. Internet connection was fine, the Tool Bar Clock showed the correct time, disconnecting and connecting did not solve the problem. I had to restart NT8 to get back on my charts.

Which brings up the third problem. Previously, I could shut down NT8, count to 10 and restart it. Now I have to do a complete computer restart which takes more time. Maybe I need to count to 30 with 8.1.1.1.

I think I will revert to 8.0.27.1.

NT8 Add Order Flow Functionality

Nope - I couldn't revert to a clean install of 8.0.27.1. Everything worked fine except I couldn't get Rithmic to connect to APEX. It worked the week before, not sure what's different.

However, I finally received NT8 assistance with 8.1.1.1 and learned I hadn't imported my NT8 license key into the Client Dashboard (due to it being a clean install). Now have my Order Flow Indicators back and everything is working fine this morning. I will stick with 8.1.1.1 and hope for the best.

Now I still have the problem of my Strategy Builder locking up NT8 when I click the 'add' button in Conditions and Actions: it did that with 8.0.27.1 too as soon as I added some Strategies. Maybe I don't need SB. It can be helpful for syntax though.

Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

Broker: AMP/CQG
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,175
Thanks Received: 6,020

I am still using Ninjatrader version NT8.0.27.1 and i want to continue using it for a while. However, i need to do a fresh install to export indicators i have created with this version.

When i click the Download menu option in Ninjatrader NT8.0.27.1, i get an invalid page error. How should i proceed to download this version rather than the most recent version ?

John4y
Brussels/Belgium

Thanks Received: 7

trendisyourfriend View Post
I am still using Ninjatrader version NT8.0.27.1 and i want to continue using it for a while. However, i need to do a fresh install to export indicators i have created with this version.

When i click the Download menu option in Ninjatrader NT8.0.27.1, i get an invalid page error. How should i proceed to download this version rather than the most recent version ?

Send a mail to: [email protected]
they will forward you the correct link

Thanked by:

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

John4y View Post
Send a mail to: [email protected]
they will forward you the correct link

I did send a request but was wondering do you know if we need to register for a NinjaTrader account to access old versions of Ninjatrader ?

trendisyourfriend 
Quebec Canada
Market Wizard

I found my answer. You need to create a new identity and import your licence key then you'll have access to this URL:
https://account.ninjatrader.com:443/welcome-download

From there you can download the prior version.

Thanked by:
SteveC55374
Minneapolis

Thanks Given: 153
Thanks Received: 9

bob7123 View Post
Could you please explain what you mean by 250ms delay? Perhaps point to another thread that explains it?

Separately, I was caught in the "service outage" this week. Rolled back to 8.0. Beware that 8.1 eats your license code. Be sure you have it before upgrading.

I think NT should make the login optional. It is not needed if you don't have a brokerage account with them.

I have had outages also, this never happen in 8.0

Thanked by:
 steveb 
Mount Vernon, Ohio USA

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: EC,CL GC
Thanks Received: 2

I wish they would have left the client portal alone. Since the new changes I had to contact support just to change my email because the chatbot they have on there gives incorrect information on doing this. I could change everything else; name, address, etc except my email. Also, whatever changes have been made at the company instead of previously where you contacted support and would get a reply in short order now in some cases it is the next day. I realize they have a lot of clients but based on their past history of getting back with clients in a timely manner nowadays it is wait and see..

Thanked by:
 torento 
Perth, Western Australia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 37

Anybody receiving a Continuum data feed delay here today

I have a 2 second delay on CL & ES
Anybody else? This has been a regular occurrence every couple of days since 8.1 was released

I'm still on 8.0.27.1 but when I attempted to update to NT8.1 the data lag was worse than in 8.0 so check your feed if I was you, anyway hope this is the right place to post

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts