NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

New NinjaTrader

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one NinjaTrader with 46 posts (120 thanks)
    2. looks_two phantomtrader with 17 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 rgeholt with 13 posts (22 thanks)
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 9 posts (12 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 23 thanks per post
    2. looks_two serialcoder with 11.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 7.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 NinjaTrader with 2.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 52,571 views
    2. thumb_up 536 thanks given
    3. group 1,100 followers
    1. forum 282 posts
    2. attach_file 8 attachments

Search this Thread

New NinjaTrader

autogenix 
Hamburg, Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: DTN IQ, SierraChart
Trading: various
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Tangotx View Post
It doesn't bother me, as I only use the dynamic Superdome. Overall, I have not seen any new negative issue. My only complaint is the lagging problem with the charts when the market is moving fast.

Good for you, but i was talking about the static superdom usage with a third party broker. See not incorrect at all.
And i would encourage you to try the static dom, makes executing so much easier imo.

I personally had no further issues during the upgrade, but this change forces me to switch completely to another platform and close my NTB account b/c Sierra cannot exec against NTB and i am not willing to have two different DOMs running and i am certainly not giving up my main broker.

Oh well, such is life.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Online prop firm The Funded Trader (TFT) going under?
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
37 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
22 thanks
The Program
19 thanks
 TP10 
Vancouver, Canada

Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView,
Trading: Futures, Forex
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 42

jagui View Post
I had plenty of problems with this update. I had just convinced myself to fully commit with NT, even though it's less programmable than my other option, because I appreciated its stability over time.

But then, all of a sudden, they roll out this crappy update. I had all sort of problems. Problems with understanding WTF I had to do, problems with opening the new account, problems with importing my life licence, problems starting up the application, a couple of reinstalls... and then problems with add-ons and even problems with connecting to IB... and then I no longer get historical data from IB.

I'm a sucker, I committed to NT believing in its stability over time... and almost the same day they do the exact things I never was expecting from them.

Time to throw it into the garbage, quickest decision ever made.

So sorry you got suckered into the update. I have been with Ninja Trader since NT6.5. That is really dating myself. The big lesson is not to update a working platform for at least a few updates. I always come back to Ninja as the best platform, I tried so many different platforms and nothing comes close to the overall functionality I need as a trader.
For pure algo trading Metatrader5 might be a better choice, not sure.

Thanked by:
 Klausi 
Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-Fire
Trading: CL,GC,6E
Thanks Given: 46
Thanks Received: 30

I'm all in all happy with the new version and the changes. Indeed the transition from old to new should be easier to handle.

datahogg 
Knoxville Tennessee USA

Platform: TOS
Trading: ES, NQ, CL, /6E futures options.
Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 154

After signing in to my NT8 portal (new - looks like Tradovate) I see no option for starting or stopping (choosing) data.
So do we have to download the NEW version to be able to change data subscription????

NinjaTrader  NinjaTrader is an official Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor

Web: NinjaTrader
AMA: Ask Me Anything
Webinars: NinjaTrader Webinars
Elite offer: Click here

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks Received: 2,686

datahogg View Post
After signing in to my NT8 portal (new - looks like Tradovate) I see no option for starting or stopping (choosing) data.
So do we have to download the NEW version to be able to change data subscription????

Click the person avatar in top right corner, click Settings, then find the tab Plans. You will find market data subscriptions there.

Ray

Disclosure: This communication is sent to you by NinjaTrader, LLC, a software development company which owns and supports all proprietary technology relating to and including the NinjaTrader trading platform.
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 horacioofman 
Tortola British Virgin Islands

Platform: Ninjatrader, TWS IB
Broker: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES Futures
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 13

@NinjaTrader

Ray,

I like some of the new things:
- Adding a Web and Mobile platform (been waiting for something like this for a while)
- Adding Server-side ATM for the PC app (will make it safer trading for those with unstable connections, and can abolish the need of trading with a VPS)

NOte:
Did not find any issues yet with the 8.1.1 version on my PC yet. GUI is a little more modern and pleasing, but not big changes.

Some Issues found on new site and new Web app:
- I cannot access market replay on the new web application. (this weekend would have been great to practice and discover its features, but been limited by not been able to sim trade on replay). Tradovate help pages mention that thhis is an add on, but I do not see any place for add-ons on the Ninjatrader Web app.
- My multi broker license is enabled on my PC software, but it is not enabled on my website profile.
- New web plaform needs more documentation and help files on the ninjatrader site (I ended up visiting the tradovate site for materials)
- Demo account should probably be enabled by default to all customers. It took me a good while to figure out that I did not have a simulated account number, and some additional time to figure out how to create it.
- Missing some heatmap intdicators (like the one included in the orderflow+ suite)
- Missing complex alert rules based on indicators or graphic objects
- Moving through the timeline in a chart is challenging. I miss using the cursor keys, and having the arrow on the chart to get to the last/current candle.
- There is no strategy wizard for documetation for startegies and and indicator building.

Question:
- When trading from the new web and mobile apps, will the ATM work on the server side? If connection is lost, or web browser is close, Ninja will take care of executing ATM instructions?

Regards,
Horacio

Lancer 
Seattle, USA

Platform: NinjaTrader / ThinkOrSwim
Broker: NinjaTrader / TDAmeritrade
Trading: Futures, Equities
Thanks Given: 16
Thanks Received: 34

gaz0001 View Post
@NinjaTrader

What is the reason why so many users stay on NT7 and refuse to migrate to NT8?

What can NT7 do that NT8 can not do?

1) NT7 and NT8 can run simultaneously on one computer. Two instances of NT8 can't. Running NT8+NT7 provides solutions for multiple accounts, alternate data/strategies, workload balancing, etc.

2) NT8 charts lag during open/close, news events, and other fast market times with high trade rates. NT7 charts don't lag and so provide a bridge through NT8 lag periods.

Those are the main reasons why I still run NT7.

llmflyfisher
Corpus Christi TX

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks Received: 21

I had problems using NT8 with my EXPENSIVE lifetime license. Buggy platform, made me just stick with Sierra Charts as I don't have the time or inclination to fight with them anymore over this. So I just bot another thousand dollar lesson. Liked the TSTrader Tradovate platform on Topstep, but that has been having problems in volatility and just decided to steer clear of anything Ninjatrader or Tradovate related.

I was totally turned off NT when they couldn't even make my lifetime license work. What a joke. Don't waste your time with these clowns. Get into a real solid trading platform and stay with it. I can honestly say that my Sierra Charts with free order routing thru Teton is rock-solid, fast (lightning fast), beyond beautiful graphics, customizable to the Nth degree, in other words, a real professional grade trading application. And I can depend on it when market volatility is off the charts LOL. Trading is hard enough without having to work around a crappy trading platform.

Thanked by:

jagui 
Italy - Roma

Platform: Ninja + proprietary
Broker: IB
Trading: Index futures, Forex, Stocks
Thanks Given: 298
Thanks Received: 313

TP10 View Post
I have been with Ninja Trader since NT6.5. That is really dating myself.

Yes, me too... I have to say the best period was with NT7... less time spent on "managing" the platform. NT8 always required more work, for one reason or another.

Now this last change looks like a shift in a different direction, which I don't want to follow.

Freedom303 
Stuttgart, BW, Germany

Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 11

@NinjaTrader
Hi,
1st of all it is refreshing to see Mobile app and ease of trading. Any new software product will need many iterations ( based on user feedback) to be better.. every day. What differs the best product is taking this feedback and how fast is turn around time to implement it.. which i feel NT will do it in next months.

I feel following cld be better..
1.more control on app than on web interface( make changes there then it will appear on mobile else every time u have to ass indicators)
2. As a LT lic user, i would like to see full functionality of Desktop to phone( i guess modern phones can manage load now)
3. User experience could be better but we will get there..it will take time .. but if 6 months down the line we have same challenges then" we have a problem houston!🙂"

Thanked by:

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts