NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ES Jedi with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ES Jedi with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 46,823 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

03.30.2023 - Day 12 of 100 Day Challenged - FAIL - sized up and kept going pass daily loss limit

I wasn't able to stick to my rules today. I had a good start, but falter about 2 hours in. I just need to keep building up my mental toughness. Today, I was able to walk away green, but it wasn't pretty. $130-$150 profit and $500+ in commissions.

Things I need to be more mindful about.

1) bought long right before open. : trended up in premarket and all of last night, should of expected buyers to dump at the open.
- next time, I should scale out or get out entirely since I was already green.
- next time, I should buy on pull back to retest open premarket high. An unnecessary -12 tick loss.

2) kept going long even though the market clearly showed that the sellers were in control.
- not sure what I was doing. Maybe I was too focus on one time frame, I kept going long. I kept going against the main trend. I need to more patient and adapt.

3) sizing up: cracked around 8AM PST. I need to take more breaks, or just end it regardless of the P/L. At the time, I was hovering around -$150 or -$50. Eventually, my losses blew up to -$500+

4) kept going even though I went pass my daily limit of -$500. It went as far as -1.3k I think. Next time, I will stick to my rules. I need to trust and respect myself more. I was able to hitch a the trend going back long, but I had to size up.

I will do better tomorrow. I hope everyone was able to stick to their rules!

@Blue Eagle Are you using NT8? If so, what addon are you using to display the ATR box on the upper left hand corner? What addon are you using to show the bar number underneath? What are your settings to allow Volume Profile to be display on your far right corner? Very clean chart btw, I dig it.

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_summary.png
Views:	66
Size:	316.4 KB
ID:	330666   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_netP.png
Views:	70
Size:	533.1 KB
ID:	330667   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez1.png
Views:	55
Size:	621.8 KB
ID:	330668   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez2.png
Views:	50
Size:	613.1 KB
ID:	330669   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez3.png
Views:	53
Size:	588.8 KB
ID:	330670   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez4.png
Views:	47
Size:	646.2 KB
ID:	330671   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez5.png
Views:	49
Size:	709.3 KB
ID:	330672   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez6.png
Views:	47
Size:	644.5 KB
ID:	330673   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez7.png
Views:	48
Size:	584.6 KB
ID:	330674   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.30.2023_tradez8.png
Views:	51
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	330675  

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Blue Eagle 
vancouver British Columbia/Canada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: CL
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 7,814
Thanks Received: 7,858

injpowwetrust View Post
03.30.2023 -
@Blue Eagle Are you using NT8? If so, what addon are you using to display the ATR box on the upper left hand corner? What addon are you using to show the bar number underneath? What are your settings to allow Volume Profile to be display on your far right corner? Very clean chart btw, I dig it.

I am on NT8. That ATR box is part of amaRangeProjectionsDaily package that Fat Tails put together. He did many many indi's for free on FIO but this might be part of his paid stuff on Lizardtrader site...not sure, it's been so long. Bar number thing is from the Ninja 'ecosystem'. Just google Al Brooks bar counter ninja and it should come up.
Volume profile is just Ninja 8 stuff...fiddle with it and you can get it like that. Use "profile alignment" = Right side. Might have to play with opacity. I have "display in margin" checked too but you might need to play with margin size in chart "properties".

That's about all I know...my charts have been getting simpler and cleaner over the years. Al Brooks has nothing but an 21 EMA and seems to do quite fine. Pa Dax (from FIO) said once that when you have only one clean chart you will be amazed at how much PA you can see. Seems true to me.

Good luck...

Until you make the Unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it Fate...
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

03.30.2023 - Day 13 of 100 Day Challenged - FAIL - sized up once

Overall, I thought I did well. I made good decisions and stuck with the results regardless of its outcome. I did however, fiddle around with the S/L or T/P marker. I need to stop doing that. It is a constant battle of managing my ridiculously high expectations and not accepting reality. I need to trust myself and accept the outcome of the market.

11 wins - 3 loss according to TradeViz;

Have a good weekend, sending y'all some posi vibes. Let's all slay our demons next week.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.31.2023_summary.png
Views:	79
Size:	308.5 KB
ID:	330702   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.31.2023_net.png
Views:	65
Size:	404.2 KB
ID:	330703   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.31.2023_tradez1.png
Size:	567.9 KB
ID:	330704   Click image for larger version

Name:	03.31.2023_tradez2.png
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	330705  
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.03.2023 - Day 14 of 100 Day Challenged - PASS

0W-2L; $-28 for the day. Red day for me, but I stuck to my S/L. I'm happy with how I traded.

I need to travel for work over the next two weeks, I wont be trading much. I'm a few hundred away from the target, around $300 and tomorrow will be day seven. I will take it slow, I should be entering the next phase sometime this month. Good luck everyone, see ya'll in two weeks!

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.04.2023 - N/A - no trade
04.05.2023 - Day 15 of 100 Day Challenged - PASS maybe? I kind of tilted end of day while trading.

Live : 2 trades 1W - 1L: net : +$16.25

Sim: I had some free time today, so I hopped on and traded sim during the last hour and half of RTH. I was all over the place, I lost my composure. I took the trade without a target or a plan. I was a sore loser and it triggered me. I needed to walk away, but I didn't. I will try again tomorrow if I have time and work on enforcing good habit on sim. I cant afford to mess up later on in phase 2.

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.06.2023 - Day 16 of 100 Day Challenged - PASS
04.07.2023 - N/A - no trades

Live: 1W - 0L : +$50
Sim: +$27

I had a rough start on sim, it was a battle for me at around 7:30 - 8:00 AM PST. I got caught, couldn't trade my plan. I was able to reign in my reckless trading , lol. I caught myself switching positions with every time I hit my S/L. I was able recovered from a -$600 deficit, by sizing smaller and later on by hitching on the run up after 8:30 - 9:00 AM PST. I was able to stick to my trades, didn't move my S/L or average down. I took my losses well today.

My regular trading size on sim: 10 /mes, 12 tick s/l
My small size: 5 /mes, 12 tick s/l

I don't plan on trading tomorrow. I'm about $250 away from passing eval.

Hope everyone had a good week of good trading habits, if not lets do better next week! Happy Easter everyone!

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.10.2023 - PASS - didn't break rules, but I did feel emotionally annoyed , lol ... ugh

LIVE : +$37
SIM+LIVE: 12W - 8L : ~$300

MES has been slow like molasses these past days. Not a bad start for the week, I was able to keep my bad habits in check. I did get emotional, haha. My first two trades were +6 ticks, and I watch them reverse all the way to my S/L. By the time the second one happen, I was triggered. I don't know, I bounce back and forth on whether I should just hit my B/E shortcut once I'm like +3 ticks. My S/L is at 12 ticks. I think I need to be more patient waiting for my setup. I feel like my entry is always too soon. I've added an indicator to my chart, the idea is to slow myself down and check for confluences.

I've lowered the contract size to 5mes from 10. I'm removing sizing up as a bad rule. My issues is that I'm too trigger friendly, haha. Often, oversizing my position and not worrying about risk. In order to combat that, I have set a max order size position and max size on SIM of NT8. I will re-add the loss limit on RTP, it is now set at -$100. This will save me from a big bust hopefully. I just need to make sure I stay small when I'm negative. I have a tendency to size up a lot when I'm red. I was able to limit it today, but it wasn't that great of an attempt. I will do better tomorrow. I will stick to 2 mes, 4 mes max (on a setup that is trending), when I'm red. If I'm patient, I should be able to catch a good setup, if not, there is always tomorrow. I keep blowing up, because of my eagerness to size up when I'm red to make up for it. I completely forget about the risk, always focusing on the "unknown future gains". I'm so short sighted, always thinking I must be green. I need to get rid of these thoughts and feelings. Its unavoidable, I need to accept that fact that I will have red days. I just need to focus on minimizing my losses.

Currently, ~$213 from passing phase 1 eval. I haven't touched my 300K accounts, still deciding. I might cancel them before the renewal.

Hope everyone did well! If not lets do better tomorrow! Good Luck!

Thanked by:
janio973
cayenne ,french guiana

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Good job ,we are warriors,we never give up!!

I have 7 PA and maybe I can share some tips for the community

Choose your bests scalping strategy(price action or indicator based) and :
trade only new york session,when the sharks are in game,London have no volume ,to trade its harder ,its easier to follow the big guys when they pick a direction.

1-to pass easily the evaluation account I prefer scalp (any other way may difficults the trailing drawdown)
2-when I enter the trade I exit after an impulsion(so I can control the trailing drawdown)
3-trade futures NASDAQ aka NQ,very high volatility and nice moves

Once you pass the evaluation work the same way,choose MICRO NASDAQ MNQ now, to make 3k dollars profit ,so you can stop the trailing drawdown,if you need money take 1000k for reward yourself

4-you need to have minimum 6k profit in account and begin to make the another strategy ,not scalping but longer trades,after your trade run a bit use breakeven and target the pivots or 50% fibbo
If it comes back you dont have to care about trailing drawdown anymore.

5-I use a strategy called machinegun trading,well idk the name,it consists on building a position after you choose a direction, with a coonsiderable amount of micro contracts,(check on my chanell youtube janio trindade )
You can master this technique and use it with your best strategy
You just need to have enough margin in ur PA account(10k),or if u lose the trade it can burn your account so you need a 80% winrate strategy and a good heart.

Hope this will be helpfull,cya

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.11.2023 - N/A - No trades due to work
04.12.2023 - FAIL - moved S/L.

04.12.2023: LIVE [2W - 2L : +$123], SIM : no trades

I'm still jumping in the gun early, I need to be more mindful of my own rules. Things did work out, my way, but I had to move my S/L to the previous candles top wick. I have a tendency to jump into the trade right as the candle is pushing for "new high", or "new low". I'm "hoping" for a breakout either up or down. I need to be more patient and get on the pullback for a retest. I keep falling for these traps. I need to more mindful and aware. I will do better tomorrow on this.

I've added the following indicators on my chart : RSI, Stochastic and ATR.

I was able to convince my manager to switch me off with another team member. I'll be able to trade in the mornings with out worry.

I'm currently around $90 dollars from passing the first phase of my 50k eval. Crossing my finger, and toes, I hope I don't shoot myself in the foot tomorrow =).

Good Luck, hope everyone got a bit from the CPI news drop.

“Let us see how high we can fly before the sun melts the wax in our wings.”
― E.O. Wilson

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.13.2023 - PASS - WEEEHEEEEEHHEHEHEEHEHEHE

LIVE: [ 1W - 1L ] : +$109

Welp, I was restless. I couldn't sleep well, probably because I was thinking about how not to fuck this up. I ended up getting up at 4 AM PST. I didn't switch on NT8, I just played a bit of D3. I hoped on at around 5:30. I saw a good setup, ema's crossing, trending long. My first position was 1 mes, unfortunately, it was stopped out at my S/L of 12 ticks. I didn't moved my S/L. It was a bit early, but oh well, I thought the trend was still going long even after that pull back. I re-entered again with 5 mes, (this was the optimal entry) and nabbed at nice 20tick. A nice solid play.

LOL finally, after many months I'm past this stage, entering phase 2. Hopefully, my lucky "oversize windfall" plays earlier this month wont be an issue. I know in the next phase, I can't be doing this.

If I do trade sim, ill post. If not see ya'll next week after I get signed up for phase 2.

Good Luck, hope ya'll lock in some scrillas today and tomorrow!

During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams - R.I.P Tupac Shakur

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts