NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

APEX 300K+: The Journey

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mewddsltd with 167 posts (315 thanks)
    2. looks_two injpowwetrust with 163 posts (369 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ES Jedi with 17 posts (19 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OttoBlink with 11 posts (20 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one injpowwetrust with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two mewddsltd with 1.9 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 OttoBlink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ES Jedi with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 46,764 views
    2. thumb_up 858 thanks given
    3. group 940 followers
    1. forum 430 posts
    2. attach_file 364 attachments

Search this Thread

APEX 300K+: The Journey

justtrader 
San Francisco, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader, TOS
Trading: es, rty, cl, gc, nq, ym
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 173

Thank you for sharing. Love to continue reading your soap opera down the line.

JT

injpowwetrust View Post
04.13.2023 - PASS - WEEEHEEEEEHHEHEHEEHEHEHE

LIVE: [ 1W - 1L ] : +$109

Welp, I was restless. I couldn't sleep well, probably because I was thinking about how not to fuck this up. I ended up getting up at 4 AM PST. I didn't switch on NT8, I just played a bit of D3. I hoped on at around 5:30. I saw a good setup, ema's crossing, trending long. My first position was 1 mes, unfortunately, it was stopped out at my S/L of 12 ticks. I didn't moved my S/L. It was a bit early, but oh well, I thought the trend was still going long even after that pull back. I re-entered again with 5 mes, (this was the optimal entry) and nabbed at nice 20tick. A nice solid play.

LOL finally, after many months I'm past this stage, entering phase 2. Hopefully, my lucky "oversize windfall" plays earlier this month wont be an issue. I know in the next phase, I can't be doing this.

If I do trade sim, ill post. If not see ya'll next week after I get signed up for phase 2.

Good Luck, hope ya'll lock in some scrillas today and tomorrow!

During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams - R.I.P Tupac Shakur

TWYS NWYT (Price Advertises Opportunity; Time Regulates it; Volume Measures its Success/Failure ---- Dalton)
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
Are there any eval firms that allow you to sink to your …
Traders Hideout
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1,221
Thanks Received: 414

04.13.2023 : FAIL : booooooo, broke my rules while trading sim : $ -1700

I opened up a few more 50k using the discount, "SAVE90". There is no doubt in my mind, I will fail a few of these PA. Its unfortunate, but I'm unable to follow my rules. haha, very apparent in my journal thus far. It sucks, but I have to accept that fact. I also am in the process of setting up some ways to force me to adhere my daily draw down limit. GAT and Cold Turkey.

Well, in the middle of working, I entered a trade which I thought was only set up for sim only (I use a trader copier). Well, that was a bad idea, I forgot to unclick a few PA accounts, or maybe NT8 bugged out on my misclick, either way. It got along the ride with my sim account. Yeah, I'm about to bust a few PA accounts and its barely day 1. Fuck! I have a bad habit of trading while in long boring ass meetings. ugh!

@bwolf thank you for your post, I'm going to do the same setup! Cold turkey for NT8 and RTP after 9 AM PST.

Next week, Ill be trading sim with new eval accounts! I'll trade PA starting next month!

@justtrader haha thanks, hope you are a harsh critic!

Stay safe, stay green friends!
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 338

have you tried NT8 AccountEquityGuard from the ecosystem?? one version of this running on any asset will control all trades .. manual or auto-

for example .. start it on CL and it will manage (close) any trades you may have on CL, ES, YM, etc when you reached profit // loss .. will stop/close all strategies AND prevent them from being started (if E-G is running)

so you can set your limits and let AcctEqGuard do its thing ..

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/account-equity-guard-nt8-strategy/

but you still need to have the discipline to have it started and not do manual trades without it ..

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust .. did you participate in the APEX webinar a week or two ago .. ??

the first presenter talked about getting funded at one level and then trading it as tho it was a couple of levels lower ..

specifically .. he said to get funded at the $150K level but trade as tho it were a $50K account after funding ..

personally, I have been funded at the $50K level but trade the account more like $25K ..

Thanked by:
 injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

@mewddsltd hi, I did give NT8 AccountEquityGuard a try, but it didn't seem to work for me, probably user error on my part. I'm will be using Guardian Angel starting next week. I didn't get to catch the webinar, but what you are saying makes total sense. I plan to do exactly that, and tighten things up. I give myself too much freedom when I trade, always focusing on the "potential" futures profits. I will start posting my charts next week, hopefully to help showcase my trade plan... the idea is to be accountable. Btw, how many month are you in since passing the eval? Congrats!

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

@injpowwetrust

first PA account was funded at the end of Dec '22 ..
second PA account was funded the first week of Jan '23 ..
third PA account was funded at the end of Mar '23 ..
fourth PA account was just funded .. mid-Apr '23 ..

did overtrade two accounts and ended up losing too much .. so I only have two accounts ..

Darrel Martin (APEX) has a video where he promotes the idea of recognizing short trends where you can earn 5 ticks .. do that three times .. earn at total of 15 ticks .. and then walk away for the day ..
this is where I am at and this concept has been working for me .. except when greed, FOMO, and other emotions take over and I overtrade ..

Darrel then suggests learning to recognize larger trends after achieving consistent success with this short-term ("scalping") strategy ..
this is where I am at .. learning to recognize larger trends and staying in the trades longer

Thanked by:

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: None
Platform: NT8, TOS, Tradingview, BH
Broker: Ninjatrader
Thanks Given: 682
Thanks Received: 564

injpowwetrust View Post
04.13.2023 : FAIL : booooooo, broke my rules while trading sim : $ -1700

I opened up a few more 50k using the discount, "SAVE90". There is no doubt in my mind, I will fail a few of these PA. Its unfortunate, but I'm unable to follow my rules. haha, very apparent in my journal thus far. It sucks, but I have to accept that fact. I also am in the process of setting up some ways to force me to adhere my daily draw down limit. GAT and Cold Turkey.

Well, in the middle of working, I entered a trade which I thought was only set up for sim only (I use a trader copier). Well, that was a bad idea, I forgot to unclick a few PA accounts, or maybe NT8 bugged out on my misclick, either way. It got along the ride with my sim account. Yeah, I'm about to bust a few PA accounts and its barely day 1. Fuck! I have a bad habit of trading while in long boring ass meetings. ugh!

@bwolf thank you for your post, I'm going to do the same setup! Cold turkey for NT8 and RTP after 9 AM PST.

Next week, Ill be trading sim with new eval accounts! I'll trade PA starting next month!

@justtrader haha thanks, hope you are a harsh critic!

You are not alone @injpowwetrust, been there a number of times too. Same pattern, either diligent work or gaming evals, passing the test and blowing up immediately. Sometimes after weeks of careful trading. There are bigger issues at work that we need to deal with, that even platform risk management addons cannot heal. But it's a start. It can give us a window of opportunity to address things in our trading. For me, one of the big takeaways is to take a long term approach. Passing the evaluations is only just the beginning. As your thread states clearly, it's a journey!

I like @mewddsltd take on working the evals like the ones one rung below ($5K drawdown like $2.5K, etc.).

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
slowmoneylife
New York, NY

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks Received: 19

Keep up the good trading! Very impressive so far

Thanked by:

mewddsltd 
Anthem, AZ

I used @bwolf spreadsheet idea to create a similar one .. user input is in the light blue cells but all of the other calculations are calculated and protected .. send me a DM if you would like a copy of the MSExcel file ..

nexusfi.com

injpowwetrust 
San Francisco, CA

04.13.2023 - PASS - day 1 - 5 accounts
04.14.2023 - FAILED - blew up
04.17.2023 - FAILED - blew up
04.18.2023 - FAILED - blew up
04.19.2023 - FAILED - blew up
04.20.2023 - FAILED - blew up
04.21.2023 - PASS - day 1 - 5 accounts - +$800

haha, well the soap opera continues. I've been struggling, went back to lab to figure how to lock it down. My "overtrading" is killing me right now. I have too many "entries" that are loose even as a discretionary trader. I blew through 35 evals I think. I'm still unable to stay true to my daily loss limit. I keep turning it off (GAT) ugh! What an idiot! I hope next week, Ill be able to keep myself from breaking this rule. I have only myself to blame, it was a tough week, but I was still able to get a few winning trades. I just couldn't keep my stupid self away from doing the wrong things.

A few ppl have posted and mentioned the "one trade" a day approach. I will attempt to do "one" trade a day next week. Regardless win or lose, I will lock NT with GAT. I like to watch, but I find myself itching for a trade, which sometimes leads me to blowing up my account after a couple of losses. This is the main reason why I blow up my account. My expectations are ridiculous, always trying to make back what I lost, or I overtrade and lose all my gains for the day. I think my system will hold up, it averages around 55%, but we will see.

My struggles are all in my head, I need to stop and accept the reality. Its a game of statistics, I know that, but for whatever reason I cant think like that when I'm in a trade, or in the day trading hours.

I think I'm in a much better head space now. I know I said in the last post, I would start posting charts, but I didn't, I was embarrassed with how I traded. It looked more like I was gambling. haha, probably am!

Anyways, I will post my charts and plan on Monday!

Thank you for everyone's support! Lets all do better next week, what crazy week!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts