NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Looking for broker supporting Sierra Chart Teton Futures Order Routing

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SafruAI with 7 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two Futures Operator with 4 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Ironbeam with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmcli with 2 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jmcli with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kremat0r with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Arch with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SafruAI with 0.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,470 views
    2. thumb_up 12 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 26 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Looking for broker supporting Sierra Chart Teton Futures Order Routing

SafruAI 
Bingen

Platform: Sierra
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 26

Arch View Post
if you find a broker with such risk management, let us know!

is it really that absurd to expect that any broker offers such an advanced risk management service?

brokers should ask themself how they really can differentiate to their competitors. There are not that many arguments convincing me to change my broker once I have set up initially. but an advanced risk management service would be a USP + big argument switch for sure.

Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

SafruAI 
Bingen

absent of risk management requirements - can anybody tell about an extraordinary positive experience with broker trading statements (compared to AMP)? maybe a i am special. but even after years of using AMP, I would really appreaciate to get more intuitive/ easy to read trading statements.

Sesam
Aschaffenburg Germany

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 50

Liberty88 View Post
I'm using Stage 5 Introducing Broker with Advantage Futures Clearing Firm. Excellent combination supporting Denali data and Teton order routing for Sierra Charts.

Yes I use the same and I m happy with them.
Unfortunately they have a kind of statement our tax speziallists can't work with.
I use the same way IBKR 《14k margin requirement for ES instead of a couple hundreds with Stage 5 IB and Advantage as clearing 》 and I have zero problems. Exetution is same but reporting is easier.
Guido

Thanked by:
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

SafruAI View Post
is it really that absurd to expect that any broker offers such an advanced risk management service?

brokers should ask themself how they really can differentiate to their competitors. There are not that many arguments convincing me to change my broker once I have set up initially. but an advanced risk management service would be a USP + big argument switch for sure.

@SafruAI , did you contact all the mentioned Teton brokers, and did you find any willing to support your desired advanced risk management features at brokerage level?

Ironbeam   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 81

@SafruAI,

If you have any questions about our Teton integration (which powers several other brokers' connections) please feel free to shoot me an email or DM.

Use Promo Code FUTURES.IO for $0.45 futures commissions, $0.19 micro commissions HERE. *Promotion only available to new customers. Other fees such as exchange and NFA still apply*
Mike Murphy | Director of Trading
Ironbeam Futures
Phone: 312-765-7228 | [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 kremat0r 
Prague, Czechia

Thanks Given: 12
Thanks Received: 58

Sadly there is no service like this for Europe

With EUREX (Dax, Bund) is big problem with SierraChart. There is generally only Rithmic left for EUREX, which is not even recommended by Sierra .
So Im staying with Interactive Brokers till SierraChart will implement Teton Routing to Eurex ( wont happen soon... )

Thanked by:
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

Ironbeam View Post
@SafruAI,

If you have any questions about our Teton integration (which powers several other brokers' connections) please feel free to shoot me an email or DM.

@Ironbeam, can you comment here regarding what OP/ @SafruAI is looking for in a Teton FCM/Broker from the thread? I'm also interested in these, as well as others likely.

----------------------
"- Incomprehensible Trading Statement
- Weak Customer Service Platform
- Insufficient tools to implement risk management limits at broker level (daily risk limit, max. number of contracts) + difficult to monitor risk limits --> Actually you have to chat with customer help desk in order to implement limits.

My desired broker would offer following services:

- Clear and easy to understand Trading Statement
- wide variety of risk managment tools, which can be implemented at a broker level comparable to tools prop firms use (daily risk limit, daily draw down limit, max. number of contracts per ticker, ...) + comfortable way to implement and monitor risk limits."

Ironbeam   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 58
Thanks Received: 81

Futures Operator View Post
@Ironbeam, can you comment here regarding what OP/ @SafruAI is looking for in a Teton FCM/Broker from the thread? I'm also interested in these, as well as others likely.

----------------------
"- Incomprehensible Trading Statement
- Weak Customer Service Platform
- Insufficient tools to implement risk management limits at broker level (daily risk limit, max. number of contracts) + difficult to monitor risk limits --> Actually you have to chat with customer help desk in order to implement limits.

My desired broker would offer following services:

- Clear and easy to understand Trading Statement
- wide variety of risk managment tools, which can be implemented at a broker level comparable to tools prop firms use (daily risk limit, daily draw down limit, max. number of contracts per ticker, ...) + comfortable way to implement and monitor risk limits."

- Clear and easy to understand Trading Statement: I have not looked at a statement from the other broker, however futures trading statements are pretty standardized across all firms and look about the same from broker to broker. This is due to regulations and the fact that almost every FCM uses the same vendor for statement processing. I do think they are pretty easy to read (at least ours).

-Wide variety of risk managment tools, which can be implemented at a broker level comparable to tools prop firms use (daily risk limit, daily draw down limit, max. number of contracts per ticker, ...) + comfortable way to implement and monitor risk limits: This comes down to the platform and datafeed you use. If you are using Sierra Charts with Teton, your risk tools as a customer are limited to what the platform itself offers the user. There are some nice risk controls in the Teton FCM environment, but these of course are not directly accessible to the customer. A customer can always reach out to us and see if we can add some parameters for them if they desire.

Use Promo Code FUTURES.IO for $0.45 futures commissions, $0.19 micro commissions HERE. *Promotion only available to new customers. Other fees such as exchange and NFA still apply*
Mike Murphy | Director of Trading
Ironbeam Futures
Phone: 312-765-7228 | [email protected]
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 SafruAI 
Bingen

Futures Operator View Post
@SafruAI , did you contact all the mentioned Teton brokers, and did you find any willing to support your desired advanced risk management features at brokerage level?

I contacted a couple of them which I chose by random (I have not spoken to Ironbeam so far). until now, there are some who support daily loss limit + max number of contract per ticker. daily drawdown limit seems not to be offered. my favorite so far was https://tradeprofutures.com/: supportive communication, they provide a platform where I can check my limits + they mention "Money / Risk Management" specifically as a service, which might be a sign that they are somehow serious with the topic.

SafruAI 
Bingen

Ironbeam View Post
- Clear and easy to understand Trading Statement: I have not looked at a statement from the other broker, however futures trading statements are pretty standardized across all firms and look about the same from broker to broker. This is due to regulations and the fact that almost every FCM uses the same vendor for statement processing. I do think they are pretty easy to read (at least ours).

-Wide variety of risk managment tools, which can be implemented at a broker level comparable to tools prop firms use (daily risk limit, daily draw down limit, max. number of contracts per ticker, ...) + comfortable way to implement and monitor risk limits: This comes down to the platform and datafeed you use. If you are using Sierra Charts with Teton, your risk tools as a customer are limited to what the platform itself offers the user. There are some nice risk controls in the Teton FCM environment, but these of course are not directly accessible to the customer. A customer can always reach out to us and see if we can add some parameters for them if they desire.

Thank you for your feedback!

- Regarding your risk management support / services. does that mean, that Ironbeam also provides daily loss limit + max. number of contracts? If yes, how could I implement it?

- @kremat0r noticed that Teton does not support Eurex so far. I do trade both CME + Eurex. In case I decided for Teton with Ironbeam, how could I trade both exchanges? would i need to another trading connection in order to trade EUREX, so a second SierraChart instance?

Thanks in advance.

Last Updated on July 2, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts