NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

bwolf's ES Daily Trading Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one bwolf with 190 posts (469 thanks)
    2. looks_two ziggy123 with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 blackgrey45 with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one snax with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bwolf with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ES Jedi with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 ziggy123 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 27,266 views
    2. thumb_up 489 thanks given
    3. group 19 followers
    1. forum 204 posts
    2. attach_file 754 attachments

Search this Thread

bwolf's ES Daily Trading Journal

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Experience: None
Platform: NT8, TOS, Tradingview, BH
Broker: Ninjatrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 682
Thanks Received: 564

I'm working on an automated Bloodhound / Blackbird intraday ES swing strategy which I put together. It's evolving. My daily reporting is on a per combine account basis so as to maintain a consistent perspective on performance. However, I copy trades to multiple accounts.

I also allow 2 statistically driven discretionary setups, 1x daily each maximum when market particulars are aligned for one or the other, or both. One is BtoA (B period to A ledge given BtoA stats) and the other is the Mark Fisher ACD setup with some modifications. Eventually, I want to automate the latter. Occasional alternate discretionary setups are: A to ON, AB to IB, and Gap fill on the open. These are instead of, not in addition to either of the staple setups.

Trading plan and goals

2 Discretionary trades, one Globex and one RTH. Not running BH today, taking the rest of the day off.

Total P&L (P): +40
Trades: 4
Round Turns:25 (20 of which are MES, but I count P&L in ES Pts)
Errors: 1
Cost of Errors (P): 0
Risk Plan Adherence: No
Opportunities Available: Medium
Event Day: No
Preparation: 10
Market Alignment: 5
Execution: 10
Bloodhound Signal(s): 1 trade

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

I'm working on an automated Bloodhound / Blackbird intraday ES swing strategy which I put together. It's evolving. My daily reporting is on a per combine account basis so as to maintain a consistent perspective on performance. However, I copy trades to multiple accounts.

I also allow 2 statistically driven discretionary setups, 1x daily each maximum when market particulars are aligned for one or the other, or both. One is BtoA (B period to A ledge given BtoA stats) and the other is the Mark Fisher ACD setup with some modifications. Eventually, I want to automate the latter. Occasional alternate discretionary setups are: A to ON, AB to IB, and Gap fill on the open. These are instead of, not in addition to either of the staple setups.

Trading plan and goals

8 Discretionary trades, one Globex, and seven RTH. Not running BH today, taking the rest of the day off.

Total P&L (P): +19.8
Trades: 8
Round Turns:9
Errors: 0
Risk Plan Adherence: Yes/no (I Did turn off NT8 to avoid max loss stop on my scale today to calm the chimp voice; not that much risk in that particular situation)
Market Alignment: 8
Execution: 10
Bloodhound Signal(s): No BH trades today; holiday trend, just grabbing ticks

Thanked by:

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

23 Discretionary trades. No Bloodhound trades today.

Total P&L (P): -3.75
Trades: 23
Round Turns: 44
Errors: 22
Cost of Errors (P): -3.75
Opportunities Available: Low
Event Day: Yes
Preparation: 4
Market Alignment: 3
Execution: 5
Bloodhound Signal(s): No BH trades today

Thanked by:

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

Weekend Review & Prep

Main this week was the last day traded on the 22nd. With a tad of bad luck, it could have been a lot more painful. Just that one day impacts the whole month's performance (win rate/ profit factor). Journaling puts things in perspective like that. Side-by-side P&L review of the month to date plus / minus that one day is telling.

Next week I will be cutting position sizes back 60% to refocus on process and get re-aligned. Out of the holidays and into the New Year.

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

4 Discretionary trades. Two missed Bloodhound trades today.

Total P&L (P): -2.5
Trades: 4
Round Turns: 17 (MES contracts but P&L calculated in ES pts)
Errors: 3
Cost of Errors (P): -10.80 (I count missed BH trades as errors, but sized to my current sizing
which would have been 12 MES vs 2 ES each)

Risk Plan Adherence: Yes
Preparation: 8
Market Alignment: 7
Execution: 7
Bloodhound Signal(s): Two missed trades show in backtest mode below

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

2 Discretionary trades. No Bloodhound trades today. Given the randomness of the low liquidity holiday RTH price action, I thought I'd be better off with the Globex PA to trade size. At least right now. Maybe until Thursday.

Total P&L (P): 14.5
Trades: 2
Round Turns: 6
Risk Plan Adherence: Yes
Opportunities Available: Med (Globex)
Market Alignment: 9
Execution: 9
Bloodhound Signal(s): No BH trades -- Not running BH in Globex

Thanked by:

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

Wrecked the car today. It started with my Globex trade idea that didn't unfold as anticipated, trading too large. The day was an after-effect of that. Missed another Bloodhound trade because of it (2nd time this week). Need to refocus on that. Globex trading is not in my plan, either.

Total P&L (P): -87.2
Trades: 25
Round Turns: 50
Errors: 23
Cost of Errors (P): 87.2
Opportunities Available: Yes
Preparation: 2
Market Alignment: 2
Execution: 1
Bloodhound Signal(s): No BH trades.

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

No P&L calendar today, that's for combine accounts. I traded my cash account today. I accidentally had my NT8 chart trader set to 5 lots and had a 5 ratio multiplier on the copier for my combines and that resulted in my DLL liquidation happening as a trade was unfolding (which was profitable in my cash account as I remember). No problem. Gotta set me a desktop post-it reminder to double-check that at the top.

No charts either. Just a lot of scalping through the choppy market today. Got a nice piece of the final rally to 3844. I figured it would continue up, but I can't trade past 12:40 PM (PST). The odds of it being up today were huge, but the odds long term of this time of day are really bad for me.

Total P&L (P): 4.35
Trades: 30
Round Turns: 116 (trading mostly MES 5 lot trades; P&L in ES Pts)
Risk Plan Adherence: yes
Market Alignment: 8
Execution: 8
Bloodhound Signal(s): No BH trades.

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

Today was mixed and a bit fraught at the top. I worked all weekend on revamping a Bloodhound scalping strategy and I was struggling a bit with it at the open and took a DLL on my combine accounts (struggling mainly with my order configurations; had many and couldn't sort them out, had ATR setups and thought I was operating in ticks and stuff like that). I trade ES on my sim account and copy trades in different ratios to my combine and cash accounts (3:1 more on combine accounts) and for some reason my cash account didn't strike out so I continued trading it. Doing this often works out. I'd say more often than not. When it doesn't, however, it really doesn't. But today it worked out and so the cash account and the sim account I trade on to copy to the others were green vs the combine accounts where I stopped at my AM DLL. I'm posting the calendar which pertains to the combines only, and the various account analyses as it's always interesting to compare.

Total P&L (P): -20
Trades: 7
Round Turns: 13 (trading MES; P&L in ES Pts)
Errors: 3
Cost of Errors (P): -20
Risk Plan Adherence: yes
Market Alignment: 6
Execution: 8
Bloodhound Signal(s): I was trying to work off signals in planning mode (Blackbird) and took losses, then switched to manual scalping for the rest of the day.

bwolf 
Los Angeles, CA

Trading plan and goals

Total P&L (P): +30
Trades: 15
Round Turns: 64 (trading ES and MES; P&L in ES Pts)
Errors: Many
Cost of Errors (P): -5
Event Day: Yes

Market Alignment: 5
Execution: 7
Bloodhound Signal(s): Not today

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts