NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Desperate call for help, I CANT execute my discretionary trading plan no matter what

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one nenuser with 32 posts (29 thanks)
    2. looks_two tigertrader with 11 posts (97 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 8 posts (38 thanks)
    4. looks_4 syswizard with 8 posts (5 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one tigertrader with 8.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two josh with 6.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 4.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 nenuser with 0.9 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 13,248 views
    2. thumb_up 289 thanks given
    3. group 32 followers
    1. forum 91 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread

Desperate call for help, I CANT execute my discretionary trading plan no matter what

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,778
Thanks Received: 18,232

Relevant:
https://traderfeed.blogspot.com/2022/10/what-trading-cannot-do-for-us.html

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Spoo-nalysis ES e-mini futures S&P 500
41 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
30 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
23 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
21 thanks
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

nenuser View Post
Hey guys, how are you?

As the title says, I cant execute my trading plan. There is no way. I open the trade and as soon as I open it I close it, I can't even wait until the next bar closes or anything of the sort.

I have been studying the markets for more than 6 years, I have more than 15000 hours of chart time. I know what I am doing, I know for a fact what is a trade and what is not a trade, I polished my skills, I polished my price action and my plan to perfection. I have no doubts about it being profitable, yet I CANNOT DO IT. It will make me sick I can't stand it anymore.

I tried it all, I have read it all about trading psychology (Douglas, all of them), I tried all kinds of different approachs and no matter what I can't do it. It is like an irrational fear, a subconscious fear.

If I show you my trade log they all go like "I took a tick" while the real result if held is always my target. I have planned it all, I cant hold it for my dear life.

Day after day, I post it all I have it all logged, I know my calls are >80% profitable YET I CANT DO IT. I cant take action. I cant do it.

I need help, maybe someone who could beat this or any suggestion please.

Thanks for reading and appreciate your replies

Hello nenuser,

If you had $500,000 in your savings account and all your debt paid off, and a full time career job. And you only needed $20,000 to trade, would you still say you can not do it?

The reason you can not do it, is because you trading with the last bit of money.

Thanked by:
 fishtrade 
Los Angeles / California

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TOS
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

I think what you said makes a lot of sense. Reminds me of school. You should make money by teaching your system.
Put every thing on paper/Videos, get few students & HELP OTHERS. It is through your students & teaching that you will become profitable. And then trade.....

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

fishtrade View Post
I think what you said makes a lot of sense. Reminds me of school. You should make money by teaching your system.
Put every thing on paper/Videos, get few students & HELP OTHERS. It is through your students & teaching that you will become profitable. And then trade.....

Hello fishtrade,

What will the teacher say when the customer or student ask the following:

1. Please provide verifiable evidence that what you are teaching you have made real money for +1 year?

2. I am down -$XX,XXX from trading real money with your method, now what do I do and I did everything you told me to do? Should I stop trading?

Thank you,

fishtrade 
Los Angeles / California

Platform: TOS
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 3

goodoboy,

nenuser from, Buenos Aires, Argentina posted the original post.
I will leave that up to him to answer your question.
If it works on Simulated account, there is a good possibility that it will work.
Personally I also do not know any "gurus" that are willing to show their trading statements.

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

fishtrade View Post
goodoboy,

nenuser from, Buenos Aires, Argentina posted the original post.
I will leave that up to him to answer your question.
If it works on Simulated account, there is a good possibility that it will work.
Personally I also do not know any "gurus" that are willing to show their trading statements.

Hello fishtrade,

Yes, simulated results are agreeable for proof if the teacher does not want to trade real money. As long as the results are authentic and +1 year track record and performance can be shown to the customer or student.

fishtrade View Post

Well, then theses "gurus" should not be charging a cost to teach customers, right? They should be charge for FREE to teach.

Is it fair to the customer to be taught by a "guru" or trading teacher for a cost, and the teacher has never traded real money or simulated money for +1 year and can prove trading results that meet the customer satisfaction?

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

I'm not sure if you're still struggling, but I think you have not identified the problem

Your screenshots are showing are you are in trades for up to an hour. Holding time is not your problem.

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Thanked by:
 Arch 
W.Coast, USA.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Anything
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 381

jackbravo View Post
I'm not sure if you're still struggling, but I think you have not identified the problem

Your screenshots are showing are you are in trades for up to an hour. Holding time is not your problem.

is that in minute or seconds?

nenuser
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 30

Arch View Post
is that in minute or seconds?

Minutes.

Though, I cant always hold that much. That's the main issue

nenuser
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Thanks Given: 31
Thanks Received: 30

Hey guys, short update.

I got the job I was interviewing for.

Just the idea of me having a stable side income has already improved my trading. My emotions when IN a trade reduced for like 75%. I no longer care much about winning or making money and have a solid base of $ from the job. It's a 100% remote one so I will be able to trade as well full time.

Will keep you updated.

Thank you to all

Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 19, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts