NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

TradeDay - anyone using them?

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 8 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two Tymbeline with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 RCOtrader with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 3 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one jackbravo with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 2.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 VirtualMark with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,117 views
    2. thumb_up 42 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 27 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

TradeDay - anyone using them?

VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 65

jackbravo View Post
Sup folks. I've passed the challenge (finally) for Tradeday. Starting funded account. Will post my experience after a withdrawal (if I don't break things).

Good luck, take it slow and please keep us updated if you get paid out.

Mind if I ask how you passed? Any particular strategy you followed? Any rules you found tough?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!
26 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

jackbravo 
SF, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: SC
Broker: Stage 5
Trading: NQ...uh..ES actually
Thanks Given: 4,362
Thanks Received: 2,400

VirtualMark View Post
Good luck, take it slow and please keep us updated if you get paid out.

Mind if I ask how you passed? Any particular strategy you followed? Any rules you found tough?

Complicated answer. Basically I just trade with trend, with various setups that create higher lows or lower highs. Check out ICT

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop." Confucius
Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

When I made a few posts on the first page of this thread, it was only really with general chat about funding companies. I had no experience of dealing with TradeDay. I have now, so am just updating the thread with it. Encouraged by what I'd read of the company and by my early contacts with their "Support", I tried the Trade Day "Beginners Program" (nominal $50,000 account evaluation) late last year.

To put it mildly, I had no complaints about them at all and was actually very impressed: they were efficient, friendly, supportive, fast-moving and a pleasure to deal with. So far I dislike nothing about this company and there are many things I like a lot (anyone familiar with my general posts about funding companies might appreciate that coming from me, this is high praise).

Unfortunately, at that point I was really ill, stressed, exhausted, inattentive and plagued by frequent hospital appointments. I traded about the worst I've ever managed, got nowhere, was in loss as I was approaching the end of the first month, and decided to take a break until I'd sorted out my health/medical problems as much as I could. None of this was TradeDay's fault, obviously, but in the circumstances I didn't continue my subscription. Cancellation was very easy.

They've stayed in touch and sent me a good discount-voucher. My situation's somewhat improved now and I've decided to give it another go. I'll start soon and this time will try their "Advanced Program" - nominal $100,000 account evaluation - trading slowly/gently with only tiny position-sizes: probably 1-to-2 micro-lots (up to 4 mini-lots/40 micros are allowed). The profit-target is $4,000 with a daily loss limit of $1,000 and an account loss limit of $3,000.

I don't promise to trade any better, but will update this thread again, either way, with my experiences/results.

No "Journal" planned because maintaining one would be an inconvenient imposition on me, and there's absolutely no prospect of anyone else benefitting from it. Or indeed "benefiting," as you normally spell it across the pond, I've just learnt (or "learned").

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Thanks Given: 57,341
Thanks Received: 26,267

Tymbeline View Post
When I made a few posts on the first page of this thread, it was only really with general chat about funding companies. I had no experience of dealing with TradeDay. I have now, so am just updating the thread with it. Encouraged by what I'd read of the company and by my early contacts with their "Support", I tried the Trade Day "Beginners Program" (nominal $50,000 account evaluation) late last year.

To put it mildly, I had no complaints about them at all and was actually very impressed: they were efficient, friendly, supportive, fast-moving and a pleasure to deal with. So far I dislike nothing about this company and there are many things I like a lot (anyone familiar with my general posts about funding companies might appreciate that coming from me, this is high praise).

Unfortunately, at that point I was really ill, stressed, exhausted, inattentive and plagued by frequent hospital appointments. I traded about the worst I've ever managed, got nowhere, was in loss as I was approaching the end of the first month, and decided to take a break until I'd sorted out my health/medical problems as much as I could. None of this was TradeDay's fault, obviously, but in the circumstances I didn't continue my subscription. Cancellation was very easy.

They've stayed in touch and sent me a good discount-voucher. My situation's somewhat improved now and I've decided to give it another go. I'll start soon and this time will try their "Advanced Program" - nominal $100,000 account evaluation - trading slowly/gently with only tiny position-sizes: probably 1-to-2 micro-lots (up to 4 mini-lots/40 micros are allowed). The profit-target is $4,000 with a daily loss limit of $1,000 and an account loss limit of $3,000.

I don't promise to trade any better, but will update this thread again, either way, with my experiences/results.

No "Journal" planned because maintaining one would be an inconvenient imposition on me, and there's absolutely no prospect of anyone else benefitting from it. Or indeed "benefiting," as you normally spell it across the pond, I've just learnt (or "learned").

Good to hear that you're better, and also that you have liked the company.

Keep us updated, but only as you can or feel like doing.

Bob.

------------------------

Over here, I know that we don't say "learnt," although the "benefitting" / "benefiting" difference is new to me (I think I would normally have written it as "benefitting", with two "t's", but I'm not sure. My fingers do my spelling, as a rule. Another one is "whilst", which I am quite sure I have never said in my life. It's an interesting language we speak, more or less jointly, in all its variations.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Thanks Given: 2,342
Thanks Received: 1,054

bobwest View Post
Keep us updated, but only as you can or feel like doing.

Thanks, Bob. Will do.

I was just about to start again, but realised that February's the shortest month of the year, and as I didn't know whether the subscriptions work on a 30-day or a calendar-month basis and wanted to avoid including 5 weekends in my first month's payment, I asked their Support if it might be better, in the circumstances, to wait until Monday. I got an immediate reply helpfully advising me to start next Tuesday instead (which I will) because Monday is a public holiday over there (President's Day).

bobwest View Post
My fingers do my spelling, as a rule.

I know what you mean: "muscle memory", I think they call it. I discovered that one only because - to my surprise - my (U.S.) spellcheck challenged my original spelling with the double "t". All those words with endings you spell "-ize" and we spell "-ise" I generally leave unamended. I don't think I've ever used the word "whilst", either, though I've certainly seen and heard it used, over here.

We're "two countries divided by a common language", as the playwright George Bernard Shaw said.

Thanked by:
 Futures Operator 
New York, NY

Platform: Sierra Chart, thinkorswim
Broker: Amp-Rithmic/TT, IB
Trading: CL, GC, NQ
Thanks Given: 2,039
Thanks Received: 258

@Tymbeline ,
@Mordecai , @whuffo ,
@VirtualMark, @jackbravo ,

Those who continued with tradeday, and also those who were funded, how did it go?

Thanked by:
mantaskon
Vilnius, Lithuania

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 31

I passed their evaluation last week and just sent in all of the paperwork to get my funded account set up. It's a real funded account so might take a few days to a week I imagine. Will let you know how long it takes to get access to trading as well as any other interesting bits. So far - great experience. Very straightforward.

mantaskon
Vilnius, Lithuania

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 31

Got my live funded account with TradeDay set up today. So it took about a week. Not in a rush to blow it up so that's fine.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts