NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 43 posts (249 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 19 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 14 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 66,321 views
    2. thumb_up 382 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 201 posts
    2. attach_file 96 attachments

Search this Thread

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Tangotx 
Houston, TX

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: Dorman
Trading: ES/RTY
Thanks Given: 15
Thanks Received: 44

Thanks so much for sharing. You have done an amazing work. I do have a request, if possible. Could a filter be added to the tape trade size? Say, for example one wants to only prints for 50 contracts or more, etc. Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
15 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

mk77ch 
Switzerland

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman
Trading: Currency Futures, ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 350

Hello Guys and Girls,

today i uploaded another update of the indicator with a few changes.

The Top-Menu has been reorganized.
It's always one thing to just write an indicator for yourself or to share it with a community, because a lot of different people will give it a try and come up with their own feature requests.
A few of them were really good so i implemented these changes because i believe that it brings additional value to the indicator and all it's users.

One of the requests was to add Hotkeys to toggle the FootPrint chart.
You can now choose a predefined Hotkey to toggle the FootPrint and the Map which is a pretty cool new feature.

There has been an option to color the volume map based on it's delta values.
I removed this option and added a real delta mode for the map.
This new delta mode now really shows the actual delta imbalances which doesn't have to align with where the most volume traded.
I guess a few of you will absolutely like this feature ;-)

The Tape-Strip Filter has been changed from an automatic algorithm to detect "big" orders, to a simple numeric input which is more flexible.

I guess that's it for the moment and that it now will become a bit more silent around the updates, as my holidays are over.

...one last thing... Performance:

The indicator saves a lot of data on a per-bar level.
This brings the advantage of beeing able to scroll back the chart while the chart shows the correct historical values for each bar.
Usually the indicator does a great job in terms of performance but specially after FOMC or any other bigger news-event, a lot of volume and a lot of non-time based bars are beeing printed.
This results in a more laggy behaviour of the indicator after such events.

If you run into performance issues, there are a few things you can do.

- Don't load more than two days of data.
- Disable the Profiles for the previous and/or the current session.
- Clear the NT8 data cache.

All the best and happy Trading
Mike

I never lose. I either win or learn.
Nelson Mandela

The Potion
Konje
Started this thread Reply With Quote

skip 
Blaine, WA

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Amp
Trading: CL, 6E, ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

I like the idea of this indicator. I downloaded it and installed it but I cannot find anything that refers to it in the indicator list. When I click on the indicator function what indicator name should I be looking for to add it to my chart? Perhaps it didn't install properly and that is why I can't find it in the Indicator add listings?
Thanks ahead of time.
Skip

trymph 
chicago us

Broker: Ninja
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Received: 50

skip View Post
I like the idea of this indicator. I downloaded it and installed it but I cannot find anything that refers to it in the indicator list. When I click on the indicator function what indicator name should I be looking for to add it to my chart? Perhaps it didn't install properly and that is why I can't find it in the Indicator add listings?
Thanks ahead of time.
Skip

Its there under NT "indicators" but has its own directory on top......check it out

Thanked by:

friii 
austria

Platform: TWS
Broker: IB
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 14

wonderful work.... can you perhaps add RealTime-public IsAsk/IsBidImbalance Proberties for strategy-testing? that would be great!

regards, chris

mk77ch View Post
Hello Guys and Girls,

The Top-Menu has been reorganized.
It's always one thing to just write an indicator for yourself or to share it with a community, because a lot of different people will give it a try and come up with their own feature requests.
A few of them were really good so i implemented these changes because i believe that it brings additional value to the indicator and all it's users.

One of the requests was to add Hotkeys to toggle the FootPrint chart.
You can now choose a predefined Hotkey to toggle the FootPrint and the Map which is a pretty cool new feature.

There has been an option to color the volume map based on it's delta values.
I removed this option and added a real delta mode for the map.
This new delta mode now really shows the actual delta imbalances which doesn't have to align with where the most volume traded.
I guess a few of you will absolutely like this feature ;-)

The Tape-Strip Filter has been changed from an automatic algorithm to detect "big" orders, to a simple numeric input which is more flexible.

I guess that's it for the moment and that it now will become a bit more silent around the updates, as my holidays are over.

...one last thing... Performance:

The indicator saves a lot of data on a per-bar level.
This brings the advantage of beeing able to scroll back the chart while the chart shows the correct historical values for each bar.
Usually the indicator does a great job in terms of performance but specially after FOMC or any other bigger news-event, a lot of volume and a lot of non-time based bars are beeing printed.
This results in a more laggy behaviour of the indicator after such events.

If you run into performance issues, there are a few things you can do.

- Don't load more than two days of data.
- Disable the Profiles for the previous and/or the current session.
- Clear the NT8 data cache.

All the best and happy Trading
Mike

Success and happiness—the conditions needed to thrive on this earth—are reflections of the choices we make.
Thanked by:
 jsh111 
Cincinnati, Ohio

Platform: Ninjatrader, TOS
Trading: Futures and Options
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

brettji View Post
You knocked this one out of the park. This is great stuff

Hello, is the limit order map you have in the background available through ninjatrader by default, or did you use some other software for this? I'm new to the order book and largely unfamiliar with the different options available

trymph 
chicago us

mk77ch View Post
Hello Guys and Girls,

Mike

Hi Mike

Just wondering how you feel about getting this add-on into the Ninja Form add-on group; if not already there but I couldnt find it in a search. The reason I ask is I'd like to mention yours in another Ninja Forum subject:*Free OrderFlow Ladder (SuperDOM column)" that has a coder gemify with a full time job thats also as generous as you have been. Yours together with his add-on to the NT8 default DOM makes for a really special combo. I've narrowed his "Free Ladder DOM" to just last sales BUYs & SELLs with depth of market NT default DOM side x side with your FootprintV2 chart. see my attachment. Most columns clicked off to save screen real estate which IMHO together has most of what a Order Flow scalper might probably need. Except of course the discipline required for risk management and detached emotions.

Close em (open positions) when you can NOT when you HAVE to <g>

Regards
Bruce

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FootPrintV2_FreeLadder.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	327198  
Thanked by:
 oscarslater 
Glasgow United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures, forex
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 1

Nice share. I *think* this is what I'm looking for.

Full of the things I think I need.

Regardless, looks like a great indicator.

You say you add functionality that adds to your trading, if you don't mind me asking, what type of trader are you and what markets do you trade?

trymph 
chicago us

oscarslater View Post

You say you add functionality that adds to your trading, if you don't mind me asking, what type of trader are you and what markets do you trade?

Sure..........I'm still on SIM but only looking at YM as a scalper with tight entry stops using NT's ATM algo with trend (moving average) and "fade" trend ATM a bit tighter/different on stop out reversal from MFE (Ninja speak for best profit in trade). I await good #Wins x Avg profit / #Losses x Avg Loss .... someone once posted somewhere should be >1.0 and if 1.5 buy the Lambo <g> b4 going live. I look to enter trade on trend reversals retests in presenting temporary overbot or oversold conditions. So far I keep getting stopped out just b4 it goes my way...........somehow those pesky algos seem to know<g>. In the meantime having fun regardless. 60 YM ticks in the AM with an occasional runner for a lot more and my IRA will be a happy camper in my 3rd trimester of life above ground. So far way over trading all day long (EXCEPT THAT LAST 1/2 HOUR OF RTH)......

Good luck
Bruce

Thanked by:
 oscarslater 
Glasgow United Kingdom

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: Futures, forex
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 1

trymph View Post
Sure..........I'm still on SIM but only looking at YM as a scalper with tight entry stops using NT's ATM algo with trend (moving average) and "fade" trend ATM a bit tighter/different on stop out reversal from MFE (Ninja speak for best profit in trade). I await good #Wins x Avg profit / #Losses x Avg Loss .... someone once posted somewhere should be >1.0 and if 1.5 buy the Lambo <g> b4 going live. I look to enter trade on trend reversals retests in presenting temporary overbot or oversold conditions. So far I keep getting stopped out just b4 it goes my way...........somehow those pesky algos seem to know<g>. In the meantime having fun regardless. 60 YM ticks in the AM with an occasional runner for a lot more and my IRA will be a happy camper in my 3rd trimester of life above ground. So far way over trading all day long (EXCEPT THAT LAST 1/2 HOUR OF RTH)......

Good luck
Bruce

Thanks for the full answer.

Seems to me your not too far away.

Would be good to see if we can help each other out. I've made lots of mistakes in the past year which is what I have given myself to learn but also learned some great things as well.

I'm sure you're the same and I figure no points in us both making the same mistakes...

All the best, oscarslater (William)

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts