NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

Discussion in Platforms and Indicators

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 43 posts (249 thanks)
    2. looks_two trymph with 29 posts (29 thanks)
    3. looks_3 brettji with 19 posts (15 thanks)
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 14 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one mk77ch with 5.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trymph with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 brettji with 0.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 zt379 with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 66,343 views
    2. thumb_up 382 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 201 posts
    2. attach_file 96 attachments

Search this Thread

FootPrintV2 Chart for NT8

hedgeplay 
Austin Texas / US

Experience: Intermediate
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 145
Thanks Received: 211

rlan214 View Post
can anyone tell me how to change the footprint numbers bigger? seems locked, I can zoom in but the chart is too zoomed in

Adding height to the chart and scaling to fewer visible bars might help.

Hedge

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Increase in trading performance by 75%
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
How to apply profiles
Traders Hideout
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
34 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
24 thanks
Bigger Wins or Fewer Losses?
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
16 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
13 thanks

Falco11 
Vienna,Europe

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NT
Broker: NT
Trading: ES,6E
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 181
Thanks Received: 64

skidmark View Post
Thank you Falco for your post and screenshots. My trading method is VERY similar to yours.
I have experience with Barry's indicators and still use them. For professional bars, Barry uses average size.
This was a good method 10 years ago. With HFT trading, I do not believe that his method would account for a very fast forming bar with many smaller trades. I have used PACE OF TAPE found in the Ninjatrader Support Group which colors the background or the bar when the bar forms very quickly with lower average trade size. https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/ninjascript-file-sharing/ninjascript-file-sharing-discussion/30661-measuring-trade-intensity-with-the-free-pace-of-tape-indicator/page2

I also assume that this is professional activity on tick charts. Good luck.
Ralph.

Hi Ralph, I have the better indicators since 2011 and i am still very satisfied with it. Barry now only offers a subscription. i had it 1 month, the better proam indicator has a new algo and there is the possibility to use multi timeframes. better sinewave and momentum is still the same. i think despite HTF trading it is possible to see interesting points on the chart. the order flow detector of ninjtrader shows the levels depending on the filter setting, interestingly very often on the proam blue bars. see the picture from yesterday. unfortunately there is no possibility with the order flow detector to show the delta. i have made a request to ninja for this.

Thanked by:
 HGxTrader 
Frankfurt, Germany

Platform: NT, other
Trading: Indicies, GC
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

First of all, thank you for the excellent indicator!

I would like to incorporate this into a strategy for backtesting purposes - haven't managed it yet... Can anyone help me how to include the indicator in a NT Strategy script? I would like to access the footprint. Thanks in advance!

Thanked by:
Matty22
Middlesbrough UK

@mk77ch Hi, I am looking to create ninja trader strategies using the footprint indicator. I have yet to download the indicator since I am not a site supporter. Could you please let me know if the download provides access to the source code of the indicator or has this been hidden? If the code is available I can look at modifying it to allow us to backtest strategies. Thanks.

Thanked by:

mk77ch 
Switzerland

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Dorman
Trading: Currency Futures, ES
Thanks Given: 27
Thanks Received: 350

Hello,

yes the source code is available.

All the best,
Mike

Matty22 View Post
@mk77ch Hi, I am looking to create ninja trader strategies using the footprint indicator. I have yet to download the indicator since I am not a site supporter. Could you please let me know if the download provides access to the source code of the indicator or has this been hidden? If the code is available I can look at modifying it to allow us to backtest strategies. Thanks.

I never lose. I either win or learn.
Nelson Mandela

The Potion
Konje
Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Matty22
Middlesbrough UK

mk77ch View Post
Hello,

yes the source code is available.

All the best,
Mike

Thanks for the quick reply, I have one more question if you have the time to answer. Is there a way to change the ticksize used by the indicator? If not would you consider implementing this? I think it is very beneficial to be able to use 2 tick footprints for ES to compress the size of the columns and to provide a clearer overview of the trading activity. Thanks again for working on this for the community.

tradrdude 
SF Bay Area, California USA

Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView
Broker: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Trading: ES, NQ, RTY, CL, YM and the Micros
Thanks Given: 14
Thanks Received: 6

Thanks again @mk77ch for this great footprint indicator. I'm finding it more and more useful. Love being able to toggle quickly between the different settings with the toolbar buttons.

Question: what exactly do these horizontal lines indicate (see screenshot, circled in yellow). They don't seem to line up with imbalances, increased volume or delta.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 12.24.12 PM

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 dragutin 
Austria

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja Trader
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 5

Hello

If i set Imbalance under Footprint the menu on the top is gone on the chart. Is that a bug?

dragutin 
Austria

Experience: None
Platform: Ninja Trader
Thanks Given: 11
Thanks Received: 5

I will be very happy if someone can add Heatmap for footprint Volumen on Left side and Delta on right side like on the chart below.

Thank you for great Indicator !

Thanked by:
 Displacer 
Savannah GA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Received: 0

@mk77ch Thanks for a great tool!

I was hoping you would be kind enough to help me with your code, as it is above my skill and has no descriptions in it. I'm trying to create a strategy where I need the [Bid] and [Ask] Volume for each of the [High] and [Low] of the current Bar or previous bar and also the Delta.

Can you point out to me the line #'s of the code that I would be able to get the calculations from and an example code of how I would get the data? I'm not familiar with barItems and rowItems.
Your help Would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Last Updated on April 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts