NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Looking for accountability partner/s

Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one kevinkdog with 4 posts (14 thanks)
    2. looks_two rezak with 4 posts (3 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Keenbreathy with 3 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 forgiven with 3 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one AllSeeker with 6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kevinkdog with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Keenbreathy with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 rezak with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,951 views
    2. thumb_up 30 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 20 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Looking for accountability partner/s

Keenbreathy 
Philadelphia, PA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Tradovate,NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 20

These type of responses are exactly what I wasn't looking for. Perhaps I should start a new thread and attempt to restate my intentions.

Not looking for
-mentor
-trading help
-advise

Looking for
-accountability partner
-Someone just as new as me that admits psychology problems and can point them out

Please dont tell me I should stay a plumber. That is rude and inconsiderate. If you don't understand what I'm asking for, don't post. There are plenty of other forums to discuss these topics. If you do understand please post your own requests for community or DM me

Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Build trailing stop for micro index(s)
Psychology and Money Management
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Deepmoney LLM
Elite Quantitative GenAI/LLM

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
59 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
36 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
25 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

HiLatencyTRDR HLT 
Midway florida

Accountability partner?

Trading is a lonely game

What exactly do you need to be held accountable?

The issue is everyone grows and fails at different rates. Eventually he says but you say sell then it happens more frequently. Before long you two argue over who was right or wrong ... Sadly it's a great idea but more difficult imo to find a trading partner than a wife!

Hold yourself accountable in trading .. get to know yourself. Your shortfalls your strengths....

As far as traders who are ultra successful they do not from the ones I know go and waste time in public boards and they don't teach either. The mkt is their everything all day every day. Constantly updating methods spread sheets looking at new ideas new mkts working on their own trading strengths and weaknesses looking to keep growing or just maintaining.

Sure I'm profitable but not on a level even close to guys I text with most times. I'd say 10k a day on average is low for them but I have no idea.

I know this much.. one of them did a 30,000 lot trade in the eurodollarcand made 2 bucks a lot and was out in minutes one day. They trade very big and will tell you it takes tons of money to do it right but that once you get something that works well it scales fairly quickly.

I'm good and I'm a work in progress.. I like these boards for ideas and as stress outlet and I hope more people trade to increase liquidity overall

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

Hi @Keenbreathy

Are you maybe looking at the right place for mediocre inputs?
There are many buddies here that are making (even real time) trades live on THIS forum. Even some of your instruments are covered. So READ & follow them!
You learn the most by following those cracks instead of hanging around with some same level starting traders - trust me!
You need to analyze markets from other continents to prepare your trade, watch IB development and be careful about incoming 'known" in advance NEWS - check times to omit erratic moves that kill your stops.
Stay with ONE instrument instead of jumping from one loss to the next - yes?
All that said you are by then ready not be one of those losers every day until the account is negative. *

Good luck!
GFIs1

* This post is a concentrate of 15+ years of trading

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Arch 
W.Coast, USA.

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Anything
Trading: Emini
Thanks Given: 106
Thanks Received: 381

GFIs1 View Post
Hi @Keenbreathy

Are you maybe looking at the right place for mediocre inputs?
There are many buddies here that are making (even real time) trades live on THIS forum. Even some of your instruments are covered. So READ & follow them!
You learn the most by following those cracks instead of hanging around with some same level starting traders - trust me!
You need to analyze markets from other continents to prepare your trade, watch IB development and be careful about incoming 'known" in advance NEWS - check times to omit erratic moves that kill your stops.
Stay with ONE instrument instead of jumping from one loss to the next - yes?
All that said you are by then ready not be one of those losers every day until the account is negative. *

Good luck!
GFIs1

* This post is a concentrate of 15+ years of trading

IB meaning investment banking?

goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 344
Thanks Received: 246

kevinkdog View Post
If you own a plumbing company, which many plumbers eventually do, sky's the limit.

Where are the traders on this forum making $400K net income per year?

Hello kevinkdog,

Well, I am not sure where the traders making $400K net income per year, but I will speak up for the traders making $0.00 net income per year. We in the building, start the music.

GFIs1 
who cares
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,181
Thanks Received: 15,563

Arch View Post
IB meaning investment banking?

IB means Initial Balance - that is the first candle 30m or 1h when cash trading starts.
This time is after the break in trading where the battle starts and a direction for the day is found.

GFIs1

Thanked by:

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,245
Thanks Received: 5,006

Keenbreathy View Post
These type of responses are exactly what I wasn't looking for. Perhaps I should start a new thread and attempt to restate my intentions.

Not looking for
-mentor
-trading help
-advise

Looking for
-accountability partner
-Someone just as new as me that admits psychology problems and can point them out

Please dont tell me I should stay a plumber. That is rude and inconsiderate. If you don't understand what I'm asking for, don't post. There are plenty of other forums to discuss these topics. If you do understand please post your own requests for community or DM me

I'll just give a suggestion, accountability partner needs to be someone you really have to be accountable to. Like life partner.

This wont go well if you are looking for one online, an online individual is just some air that you can shrug it off when ego comes into picture. This will further the problem.

Also, accountability partner doesn't have to understand the trading at all. They don't need to know anything other than what you are telling them and what your real life condition and bank balance/trading account balance shows them.

I hope I didn't intrude on your thread, I had similar issues and I found one in my wife, so I had to mention it.

Don't take it as an advice, just sharing experience.

Regards,

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

SomePsychoDude View Post
As always money makes money.

I think that they just have a big capital let's say 2 mio+ and 20% on top of that is not that out-of-this-world performance.

But, for those people who have 2mio of free money, I don't think that trading is a way to go.
They can put it in some hedge fund, etc...

In my opinion, the purpose of trading is to break the cycle of poverty and not to live like a rat in a cage.

people with large accounts that do manage their on money , do not day trade or take big chances like using leverage .

forgiven 
Fletcher NC
Market Wizard

Platform: nijia trader
Broker: A.M.P. I.Q. ....C.Q.G.
Trading: ym es
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 287
Thanks Received: 580

SomePsychoDude View Post
in the shadows) it's more like, I'm sure they are some...even on this forum

there are some very talented traders on this forum . trade view has a ton on that platform . they have a lot of social chat areas that can be a little more helpful than posting questions here .

rezak 
Genova.Italy

Platform: TradingView
Broker: retail prop firms
Trading: setups
Thanks Given: 187
Thanks Received: 181

forgiven View Post
there are some very talented traders on this forum . trade view has a ton on that platform . they have a lot of social chat areas that can be a little more helpful than posting questions here .

tradingview...=) well, there is competition for the best-looking chart. True traders surely do not reside in those chats.

But, the platform is good for its cost, I use it every day.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on September 13, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts