NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Shakexo with 75 posts (71 thanks)
    2. looks_two kls06541 with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 syswizard with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lightsun47 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Shakexo with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,141 views
    2. thumb_up 75 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 51 attachments

Search this Thread

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 71

Tymbeline View Post
You're saying good things ... watching with interest and wishing you well.

Thanks so much!

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quant vue
Trading Reviews and Vendors
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,349
Thanks Received: 1,057

Shakexo View Post
I live to trade another day!

This is what it's all about, isn't it? I keep reminding myself that my main job, every day I start a trading session, isn't to make money on the day but to make sure I can start another trading session the next day. Sorry for the interruptions in your Journal, and "keep it coming."

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Tymbeline View Post
This is what it's all about, isn't it? I keep reminding myself that my main job, every day I start a trading session, isn't to make money on the day but to make sure I can start another trading session the next day. Sorry for the interruptions in your Journal, and "keep it coming."

HAHA no worries! In here it can feel like you're talking to yourself but this journal has helped me so much. And you're right...staying in the game is what's most important and just taking it one day at a time.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

No real trades for me today...one of my main strategies involves me going short but not when there is major news that causes a death drop and that's what happened once the job report came out this morning. Because of this I didn't think the market would go any lower (and it didn't). There were definitely points on the board going long but I am not confident on my long strategy yet. I had to trade for OneUp for my day to count so I took a trade and thought I closed it out but I didn't. I am still learning how to use Rithmic Trader Pro so I thought the "cancel" button would cancel the trade but it didn't. No losses on my real account though!

Things I did right:

1. Sat on my hands and didn't place a real trade.

Things I did wrong:

1. I need to learn how to enter, manage and cancel trades on Rithmic. I took a small loss only because I thought I closed the trade but I didn't.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Ok so because I was trading two accounts I thought I had to trade on both Rithmic and Ninja because I didn't know I could trade under both accounts on Ninja Trader. I was using Rithmic's chart to make entries and it was so clunky that I was making stupid mistakes. Those mistakes caused me to lose the OneUp account.

However now that I know I can trade BOTH accounts on Ninja I have one window with my real money and one with OneUp. My plan is to have 30 trading days of discipline. Discipline to me means following my trading plan to the letter and not deviate from it AT ALL. That may also mean that some days I don't trade if they setup isn't there. I don't even have that many rules but it's been so hard to follow them due to nothing but FOMO. I refuse to go into the new year as an undisciplined trader because it's a waste of time to not follow rules I set for MYSELF.

So every day for the next 30 days I will:

1. Not trade the first 30 minutes of the US open.
2. Only take the trade if the setup presents itself (and it does almost every single day)
3. Take MAX 3 trades a day
4. Do not open any positions after 3pm and do not hold any trades overnight.
5. Start with trading 1 ES contract weekly and only add 1 contract per week (not sure what my max is yet.)

That's literally it. My 30 days of discipline started last Thursday so today is day 3 and I am already finished trading for the day. Made over $1000 on OneUp and made $300 on my real account trading 1 contract. I won't add another contract until the first week of the New Year.

I'll update again at the end of this week!

Picture1

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,497
Thanks Received: 26,292

Shakexo View Post

2. Only take the trade if the setup presents itself (and it does almost every single day)
5. Start with trading 1 ES contract weekly and only add 1 contract per week (not sure what my max is yet.)

Good rules. Following rules is always a problem, but you do have to have them in the first place.

Good luck.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Shakexo View Post
Ok so because I was trading two accounts I thought I had to trade on both Rithmic and Ninja because I didn't know I could trade under both accounts on Ninja Trader. I was using Rithmic's chart to make entries and it was so clunky that I was making stupid mistakes. Those mistakes caused me to lose the OneUp account.

However now that I know I can trade BOTH accounts on Ninja I have one window with my real money and one with OneUp. My plan is to have 30 trading days of discipline. Discipline to me means following my trading plan to the letter and not deviate from it AT ALL. That may also mean that some days I don't trade if they setup isn't there. I don't even have that many rules but it's been so hard to follow them due to nothing but FOMO. I refuse to go into the new year as an undisciplined trader because it's a waste of time to not follow rules I set for MYSELF.

That's literally it. My 30 days of discipline started last Thursday so today is day 3 and I am already finished trading for the day. Made over $1000 on OneUp and made $300 on my real account trading 1 contract. I won't add another contract until the first week of the New Year.

I'll update again at the end of this week!

Picture1

Welp I did it!! I passed the combine without having to reset at all!! I just followed my rules, didn't over leverage and I was able to pass.

Things I did right:

1. Followed my rules for the most part, didn't over leverage and didn't revenge trade (This was HUGE for me!)

Things I did wrong:

1. I didn't follow my rules 100% of the time. And the times I didn't I loss the trade...SMH

But all in all I was able to complete the task in 19 trading days. Now the goal is to STAY funded. This is my second time being funded and I have learned so much so I am hoping I can stick with it for a while. I will let you all know when I make my first withdrawal!

winning funded Screenshot 2023-01-12 120934

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I signed the OneUp contract so my first day as a funded trader should be tomorrow. The name of the game is to STAY funded this time. I have the 150k account and I will always need to keep at least 5k in the account and I will not withdrawal any amount that will take my account below 155k.

I will only be doing 4-5 contracts per trade (and even that might be too many). But I most likely won't ever go beyond that. That's what got me funded without having to reset so I will stick with that.

My trading strategy using the EMA, volume profile POC, developing POC and pivots/support/resistance lines. If my first trade is successful I am done for the day. If not I am only taking 1-2 more trades and only if the setup in there. NO REVENGE TRADING.

I basically made over 9000 in 19 trading days which is a little under a month so if I can keep that going I'll be set!

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Made $1700 on ES today. I signed my OneUp contract yesterday and MES didn't send me my credentials until 9:39 am. I thought that I had missed the move but luckily another one happened at 10:35 am. I was able to short and hit my daily target in one trade. I did not trade after that even though I saw a few more setups. Being greedy and overtrading is how you blow your account so I have to learn to be content.

Things I did right:

1. Since I missed the first move I was patient and waited for another opportunity instead of chasing a trade.
2. I made one trade and was done for the day. I don't want to give back profit by being greedy.

Things I did wrong:

1. Nothing

Screenshot 2023-01-17 123441

montanajtt 
Como, Italy

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, IB
Broker: Tradestation, IB
Trading: ES
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 299
Thanks Received: 312

Hi, I don't know if you can help. I passed the oneup evaluation and I need to take care of the platform. Anyway Ninja only offer plans associated with their brokerage account, so how can I buy or lease this platform to use with oneup?

Last Updated on March 10, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts