NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Shakexo with 75 posts (71 thanks)
    2. looks_two kls06541 with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 syswizard with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Shakexo with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,001 views
    2. thumb_up 75 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 51 attachments

Search this Thread

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 71

Since I lost my shorts yesterday and the FOMC is today I will not be trading this morning. I am going to wait until 2PM to see if the market picks a direction.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Diary of a simple price action trader
20 thanks
My NQ Trading Journal
19 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
17 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
12 thanks
Daytrading ES & NQ
9 thanks
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Once you're funded OneUp Trader restricts you from trading during FOMC and I completely see why! Once the rate hike was announced ES SHOT UP and slid back down just as fast. I took a trade thinking it would cash out immediately but it didn't. I got stopped out and then it was just super erratic so I waited until after the press conference to trade again. I lost a lot of money yesterday so I just scalped today and even though I am still in the hole I am still in the game.

I live to trade another day!

lightsun47
Toronto, Canada

Thanks Given: 492
Thanks Received: 296

(Sorry for interruption)

My best thoughts for today would be, as soon as they announced the interest rate hikes around 2:35 PM, watch it live on TV, THEN go short as the market was responding to THAT news.

If you have order flow, it was crazy going short at that time, which confirms the quick entry and exit points.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

lightsun47 View Post
(Sorry for interruption)

My best thoughts for today would be, as soon as they announced the interest rate hikes around 2:35 PM, watch it live on TV, THEN go short as the market was responding to THAT news.

If you have order flow, it was crazy going short at that time, which confirms the quick entry and exit points.

Yes I have definitely learned my lesson with that one!

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Thursday killed me and I was not able to fight my way back so I would have to reset the evaluation. I think I am going to take a break from trading. The learning curve is becoming too expensive for me at this time.

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I'm back! I took a break from live(ish) trading and only did SIM for the entire month. I think I have finally found a strategy that works 80%-90% of the time. The setup is available everyday 1-3 times a day and if the setup is not there I won't take the trade. My goal is 6-10 points a day no matter how many contracts I put on there. I will be using my own money AND I am doing the OneUp evaluation again. I will use Rithmic Trader Pro to place my trades for OneUp and I will use Ninja Trader with my real money.

I will still be trading ES and nothing else. I am also no longer entering during opening. I will only trade between the hours of 10am and 3pm EST. If my first trade is successful I will not take another even if the setup is there again.

I have back tested my strategy and traded live SIM but there is nothing like LIVE LIVE trading with your money. This will be my first time trading with my own money and not a prop firm so that's how confident I am about my strategy.

I will not be sharing the strategy yet (just in case I blow up my account again) but it's pretty simple.

Within the next 90 days I hope to have life changing financial success!

I will continue to do my daily updates with screen prints from both Rithmic Trader Pro and Ninja Trader.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1700 on my OneUp trade and $300 with my real live money on ES toiday. I am executing the same exact trade on both accounts so my entry may be a tick or 2 off depending on which account I enter on first.

My signal didn't occur until 10:50am EST so that is when I entered.

Things I did right:

1. Entered on my signal and placed my stop correctly.

Things I did wrong:

1. I could have let my trade run a bit longer but that's not part of my trading plan.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 113509

Screenshot 2022-11-29 113337

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1700 on my OneUp trade and $300 with my real live money on ES today. Today was a true test of discipline for multiple reasons but I stuck to my plan and was successful even though I left a lot of money on the table. For starters I no longer take a trade before 10am even if the setup is there because based on back testing there's 50/50 chance of it being successful and I don't like those odds. So today I got my signal and didn't enter and watched as the trade went in my direction. I got my signal again around 12PM and I entered and was successful. And then when Powell spoke the market rallied like crazy but I didn't enter. It just went up and up and up and I left thousands on the table but trading the news has never worked out for me so I am better off just watching.

Things I did right:

1. Entered on my signal and exercised extreme discipline.

Things I did wrong:

Left money on the table by not reentering even though that's really my plan.

I will not change a thing until I have followed my plan and strategy for at least 90 days. After that I can start incorporating multiple trades or longer targets. I forgot to screen shot earlier so the PNL reset to 0 but you can see that I am at $153325 and $1276 now.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 000116

Screenshot 2022-12-01 000052

Thanked by:

Tymbeline 
Leeds UK
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: MES, MNQ
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2,347
Thanks Received: 1,057

Shakexo View Post
I will not change a thing until I have followed my plan and strategy for at least 90 days.

You're saying good things ... watching with interest and wishing you well.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $2100 on my OneUp trade and $462 with my real live money on ES yesterday. My signal hit exactly at 10am so I got in and made my money. I am playing it extremely safe so I am still only doing 1 lot with 6 points but tomorrow I will do two! And every day I will add on another contract until financial freedom is reached!

Things I did right:

1. Entered on my signal and made a successful itrade.

Things I did wrong:

Left money on the table by not extending my target...I am working on trusting my chart more so that I am not leaving so much money on the table.

Note: I meant to enter this journal entry yesterday but I forgot.

Screenshot 2022-12-01 102519

Screenshot 2022-12-01 102237

Thanked by:

Last Updated on March 10, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts