NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Shakexo with 75 posts (71 thanks)
    2. looks_two kls06541 with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 syswizard with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two lightsun47 with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Shakexo with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 10,141 views
    2. thumb_up 75 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 51 attachments

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 71

syswizard View Post
Nice work. Philly boy, eh ?
How about posting some trading stats too: win rate, avg win/loss, # of trades, Avg time-in-trade, time-in-market, max drawdown, etc.

I can start doing that with this next evaluation.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NexusFi Journal Challenge - May 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Could it be that currency futures are way easier to trade?
Currencies

syswizard 
Philadelphia PA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Ironbeam, Rithmic
Trading: Emini ES / NQ / CL / RTY / YM / BTC
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 146

Shakexo View Post
I can start doing that with this next evaluation.

What is that going to cost you ?

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

syswizard View Post
What is that going to cost you ?

I do the 150k evaluation which is $350 😩😩😩

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1237.5 on ES today and I think I have figured out what one of my main problems is. So when I trade I always have a SIM window open and I use that to enter trades of which I am unsure of. Literally 90% of those trades are successful because I have a good entry and no fear. So by the time I enter live I am late and I have already missed the move. I also noticed that every time I would practice a day that I lost I would win on the first trade. Again because of no fear since it's just a playback day. I have to get over the fact that sometimes I will be wrong. Even with all of the signals and setups sometimes a trade won't be successful. But entering on SIM and then entering on live is the wrong approach. So from now on my first trades will always be live (seems obvious now) and we'll see how that goes.

I also moved the auto liquidate column next to my account balance so that I know exactly how much the trailing drawdown balance is. That is the real number I can't go below during this process.

Things I did right:

1. Entered my first trade live instead of SIM
2. Got a good entry using my signals

Things I did wrong:

1. Nothing

I live to trade another day!
Screenshot 2022-10-24 100415

Screenshot 2022-10-24 100234

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

So greed never works out for me. I made $1237 on my very first trade...and then I saw it was still going up so I entered again and I literally entered on what so far as been the ONLY 5 minute pull back in the past 30 minutes. Then I entered again because it was still going up so I only made $925 the second time because I cut it short because I was nervous it would pull back again. I am doing the combine again so I have 15 trading days to make $9000 so there really is no rush. #LessonLearned

Things I did right:

1. Entered using my signals and had a successful trade.

Things I did wrong:

1. Entered again for absolutely no reason at all except greed for fake money.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 101302

Thanked by:

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1137.5 on ES today. It rejected the overnight high about 3 times so I wanted to get in before it reached there again. I only go for 5 points (20 ticks) a trade so I have to make sure my entry is precise. I took one live trade and it was successful. It has not moved much since then so I am glad I got in when I did. There are always multiple opportunities to trade throughout the day but for my trading plan I try to trade the first 30 minutes of the day as you can see from the screen shot.

Things I did right:

1. I was patient and used my signals to enter and exit.

Things I did wrong:

1. Nothing

Screenshot 2022-10-26 094838

Screenshot 2022-10-26 094245

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1350 on ES today. The price action didn't pick a direction until 9:47AM EST so I lost the first trade. I doubled my contracts for the second trade to make up for the deficit and get in profit. When I double my contracts I don't move my stop but I monitor it much more closely and will close the trade if it doesn't go in the right direction.

Things I did right:

1. After losing the first trade I was extremely patient in waiting for my signal to enter the second trade. I didn't force it and I didn't rush it.

Things I did wrong:

1. I rushed the first trade because even though I got my signal the price action at that time hadn't yet picked direction. It was alternating green/red bars on the 5 minute which is indecision. All I had to do was wait a few more minutes and I would have only had to take one trade.

I l live to trade another day!

Screenshot 2022-10-27 095028

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1400 on ES today. I had a busy morning too...I had an event I had to attend at 8:45 so then I had to find a Starbucks to trade at the open at 9:30 and I had a meeting at 10:30. I fully expected to be sitting there for the whole time trying to trade on my tiny screen. At home I have multiple monitors so having to have 4 windows open on a small screen requires a lot of focus on my part. However the trade lords were gracious and ES flew up about 24 points in 5 minutes so I was very happy about that.

Things I did right:

1. Found a place to trade even though I was on the road.
2. I still was able to have my setup and read my signals even on a smaller screen.

Things I did wrong:

1. Nothing!

I am more than halfway there and I have attached a screen print of OneUp since they updated the analytics after my trade this morning.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 112004

Screenshot 2022-10-28 110828

Thanked by:

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

I made $1050 on ES today. The price action at opening was extremely choppy and the buy/sell pressure was about 50/50. I don't enter trades when it's like that because that's when I get stopped out the most. I used to enter at the first sign of momentum but not today. There is no rush because if I lose then I am spending the next hour trying to get my money back. I made ONE trade at 9:46 when I would have usually made 3-4 trades by then.

Things I did right:

1. I was extremely patient and waited for my signal to enter the trade. However I didn't wait too long and miss it.
2. I entered my first trade live instead on SIM to "test" it which meant I had a better entry.

Things I did wrong:

1. I didn't close out my 1 contract runner when it was in profit. On slow momentum days like today I will close it once I have a few extra hundred instead of it stopping me out.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 110828

Screenshot 2022-10-27 095028

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-31 095318.png
Views:	41
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	327893   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-31 095510.png
Views:	40
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	327894  

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Lost $1775 today. I had a feeling I would...especially the day before FOMC meeting. This lost took away a day and a half of gains. Also the unemployment report was released and ES went crazy. It was erratic and was flying up and down and all over the place. Since I didn't win in the first 5 minutes I got chopped up. I will try and see if I have any other opportunities later today. I am way above my trade limit but I want to at least get flat before I give up.

Things I did right:

1.Nothing

Things I did wrong:

1. I probably shouldn't have traded at all today.
2. I overtraded for sure.
3. I doubled my contracts which didn't work out in my favor this time.
4. Probably should have stopped trading when I was only down about $800.

Last Updated on March 10, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts