NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Shakexo with 75 posts (71 thanks)
    2. looks_two kls06541 with 6 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 2 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 2 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lightsun47 with 1 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Shakexo with 0.9 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Tymbeline with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 9,742 views
    2. thumb_up 75 thanks given
    3. group 16 followers
    1. forum 90 posts
    2. attach_file 51 attachments

Search this Thread

Another OneUp Trader Journal Here!

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 71

So I lost the eval account for the SAME EXACT REASON as last time. I had two major loss days back to back and that wiped me out. I have about 9 days left in my billing cycle left so I reset my balance instead of starting my billing cycle over. I have to remind myself that I was taught how to trade futures this past July. I have always been in the market buying stocks and I dipped my toe in trading options but this summer was my first true introduction to trading futures so I am giving myself grace.

The market was choppy today (AGAIN) and my issue this time was fear and not taking the trades when I saw the set up. So that's my other issue....when I lose big I no longer trust myself. And now I don't trust myself to not trade and then I don't trust myself to trade after a loss. But somehow when I take the trade in SIM with no hesitation I win.

This is all a learning curve and I'd much rather pay $100 to reset than lose $4000 of my own money.'

Things I did right:

1. I actually took note of the tight trading range and was patient but I was just wrong. I don't think it was anything mental today. I just thought it was going down and I was in the wrong direction.

Things I did wrong:

1. I didn't believe the signals and thought it was going down but it was going up. So I didn't misread them...I just ignored them LOL.

I live to trade another day!

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
38 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
27 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
19 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Excited to get back to trading tomorrow. I practiced all of the days I lost over the past 2 months and of course I won because I know what I did wrong. As I concluded previously, I lose when I hesitate and don't trust myself or my indicators. I have also created another ATM strategy that will cash me out and allow some runners with a trailing stop. That way I can lock in profit at my usual target and possibly get some more. If it works out, great...if it doesn't oh well....it won't go against me.

Now with the combine and the trailing drawdown it will add about $500 even if I don't get cashed out but that's a risk I am willing to take.

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Made $1050 today on ES. Could have made about $5000 because it went in a straight line up for over an hour straight but that's how the market does. Entered a few trades on SIM to satisfy my itch to reenter and of course they all were successful. But we all know that if I would have entered live it would have failed.

Things I did right:

1. I entered 2 trades and won both. I trusted my indicators and my own judgement and was successful.
2. Didn't reenter the market.

Things I did wrong:

1. Missed out on a lot of profit. I could have reentered a few times (Yes I feel like it's both right and wrong).

I have 9 days to make 9k before I am charged again for the OneUp combine. Yes that is a lot of pressure but I think I can do it. The strategy is to cut losses earlier and let the runners run.

Thanked by:
Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

Made $1062 on ES today. The CPI report this morning tanked the market so I knew it was going to be tough to trade today. I entered on the first 5 minute bar going long and made my target by the skin of my teeth. The next 6 bars were indecision and there was a nice juicy bear bar that I should have reentered but I didn't. I hit my daily profit target but I still don't have much room for error because I have to average about a $1000 a day for the week and a half. Took the bear trade on SIM and it worked out perfectly.

Things I did right:

1. Trusted my indicators and had a perfect entry.
2. Didn't reenter and stopped trading once I reached my profit target.

Things I did wrong:

1. Nothing

Thanked by:
kls06541
New York

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 0

When was the "FIRST" bar? Please say the Time

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

kls06541 View Post
When was the "FIRST" bar? Please say the Time

Sent using the nexusfi.com mobile app

I entered the trade at 9:31am EST. I am on the east coast of the united states so the main market opens at 9:30am for me.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 190427

kls06541
New York

Oh wow, you where extremely lucky

kls06541
New York

What indicator push you in the trade?

Shakexo
Philadelphia, PA

kls06541 View Post
What indicator push you in the trade?

I used the MFI....after it was going down all morning it finally started going up. There had also been a parabolic wedge of 3 pushes down the hour prior so I figured the bulls would come in and create a small pullback and that's what happened.

kls06541
New York

What means MFI?

I am new here....

Last Updated on March 10, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts