NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

User interface

Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one chipwitch with 5 posts (6 thanks)
    2. looks_two GoodTrading with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    3. looks_3 bobwest with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Sawtooth with 1 posts (1 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GoodTrading with 1.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two chipwitch with 1.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 cory with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 bobwest with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,985 views
    2. thumb_up 15 thanks given
    3. group 6 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 5 attachments

Search this Thread

User interface

GoodTrading
Loja, Ecuador

Thanks Given: 21
Thanks Received: 33

chipwitch View Post
Is there a way to make the UI look more modern? Out of the box, I get the first image. The second image is taken from a youtube tutorial from last year.

You can do quite a bit with SC to make it look modern but I kind of like the old school UI. Here are a few configurations I've made. Just as good as any other software out there if you ask me.

Also, i'm not sure if it's against the TOS here but check out https://www.ticinotrader.ch/category/level-1-chartbooks/ for some pretty amazing customized chartbooks in Sierra Chart. You can download all of them for around $4.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
The Program
18 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks

chipwitch 
Nashville, TN

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader, Continuum Data
Trading: MES for now... baby steps
Thanks Given: 230
Thanks Received: 631

GoodTrading View Post
You can do quite a bit with SC to make it look modern but I kind of like the old school UI. Here are a few configurations I've made. Just as good as any other software out there if you ask me.

I don't have a problem with the charts and graphs. It's the menu and popups that annoy me. I understand that they're wanting to get away from the WPF stuff, but I find having to read everything in order to find it is rather tedious. To me, the menus are not intuitive. I don't buy the "It's a professional" platform argument. Even the website is clunky. Just trying to figure out how to choose a service, sign the agreements and pay them required 3 times more clicks than any other broker/platform I've used.

I really appreciate the software, but it is unpolished and clunky to use. Once it's setup it's fine. I have had OCO orders pop up when I placed an order that I couldn't figure out what they were for... It's all minor if it is reliable and fast. Some things I like.... some things I like better on NT.

BTW... I had trouble reading the ladder at first. You can set your red and blue bars to a different color where there are no bids/asks. It makes seeing where the current price is a snap. Mine are just gray above the blue bar and below the red one.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
GoodTrading
Loja, Ecuador

chipwitch View Post
I don't have a problem with the charts and graphs. It's the menu and popups that annoy me. I understand that they're wanting to get away from the WPF stuff, but I find having to read everything in order to find it is rather tedious. To me, the menus are not intuitive. I don't buy the "It's a professional" platform argument. Even the website is clunky. Just trying to figure out how to choose a service, sign the agreements and pay them required 3 times more clicks than any other broker/platform I've used.

I really appreciate the software, but it is unpolished and clunky to use. Once it's setup it's fine. I have had OCO orders pop up when I placed an order that I couldn't figure out what they were for... It's all minor if it is reliable and fast. Some things I like.... some things I like better on NT.

BTW... I had trouble reading the ladder at first. You can set your red and blue bars to a different color where there are no bids/asks. It makes seeing where the current price is a snap. Mine are just gray above the blue bar and below the red one.

I believe you can change the UI of the menus with some type of windows customization, I have seen it done. Personally, I don't have much experience with Ninjatrader and decided to go with SC after trying out several platforms. I am sure they are similar but many of the guys I talk with on Discord servers prefer SC.

GoodTrading
Loja, Ecuador

chipwitch View Post

Also, thanks. Here is my usual setup on SC but I find staring at the DOM for too long just gives me a headache. I put countless hours into trading off the DOM and order flow/footprint charts, TPO charts and bar charts. In the end I prefer the good old 1 min and 5 min bar charts.

Dom

Thanked by:
 anubis 
Montevideo Uruguay

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart / Jigsaw
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 43

It's funny because what you think is more modern is actually older.

Every new UI goes back in time, first the 90's, now the 80's, next iteration will have ask you to use punch cards to change settings.

Still no other platform comes close to it.

Last Updated on July 1, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts