NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Leeloo 150k Tryout Scalping Journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Mordecai with 48 posts (72 thanks)
    2. looks_two HiLatencyTRDR HLT with 6 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 algotrendz with 5 posts (7 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Sandpaddict with 5 posts (13 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Sandpaddict with 2.6 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Mordecai with 1.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 algotrendz with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 HiLatencyTRDR HLT with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 11,341 views
    2. thumb_up 109 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 66 posts
    2. attach_file 38 attachments

Search this Thread

Leeloo 150k Tryout Scalping Journal

Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Thanks Given: 44
Thanks Received: 113

After yesterday's disaster, I had a simple objective for today's session: Execute some trades without doing anything crazy to make up yesterday's loss.

I made steady headway until US employment numbers came out and wrecked a huge position I had been stacking. That one trade put me down more than $1k.

After that I resigned myself to having to pay for a reset and started scalping every setup I saw. And to my astonishment I started racking up a bunch of wins. Not only the earlier loss in the day, but also yesterday's monster loss too. (Although after commissions it was more like three-fourths of yesterday's loss). It was a marathon day of trading.

Too many trades to annotate on the charts, so I'll just summarize:
29 trades in ES
+29.5p
+$1,475
Current balance: +$884

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
Futures True Range Report
The Elite Circle
Exit Strategy
NinjaTrader
My NT8 Volume Profile Split by Asian/Euro/Open
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Today I just wanted to put in a few hours of solid trading without any drama.

I also wanted to be out of the market well before the NY session. It's the last day of the month and the quarter, and in my experience the volatility can get a bit crazy on days like this. So I stopped after half an hour of the London session.

Total in ES: 7 trades, +8.5p, +$425.
Also I had a trade in NQ for 5.5p, +$115.
Gross PnL for the day = $535
Balance is up to $1,424.

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Frustrating day. It started out well, with about $500 scalping ES during the Asia session. But after the London open I got into a short that looked promising, and I started adding positions as it got profitable. But then I stepped out when my doorbell rang, and when I got back it was in loss. It eventually hit my full 4p SL (for the 1st position, it was more for the other 4), which put me down more than -$1k. I couldn't get into a good grove after that and spent a few hours churning commissions.

I'm finding I'm spending much more time on the Leeloo evaluation than my live account, but my live account is doing much better.

Total in ES: -15.75p, -$790
Balance: $428

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Making progress again, but all profit came from NQ. In ES I did considerable churning and ended up about flat. Total for the day:
ES -0.25p
NQ +60p
Gross PnL +$1,188
Net PnL +$849
Balance: +$1,190

I suppose I should mention I picked up a 2nd evaluation at Leeloo on Friday. The $25k account was on sale for $23. I'm not sure what I'll do with this account if it succeeds, but I figure I'd treat it like a sim account alongside the $150k account.

Anyhow the $25k account has a $1.5k target and $1.5k trailing drawdown. Total so far:
ES +6.25p
NQ +7.25p
Gross PnL +$583
Net PnL +$543

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Another steady day, now trading two Leeloo evaluations at the same time:

$150k account total:
ES +24.5p
Net PnL +$1,177
Balance +$2,367 (target $9k)

$25k account:
NQ +13.25p
Net PnL +249
Balance +$792 (target $1.5k)

Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Today's trading went well. I started trading a little before the London open and was done 45 minutes later.

It seems I've gravitated to trading mainly ES in the $150k account and NQ in the $25k account. And after four days I'm doing better with NQ than 9 days with ES.

$150k account total:
ES +26p
Net PnL +$1,300
Balance +$3,615 (target $9k)

$25k account:
NQ +12p
Net PnL +$240
Balance +$1,032 (target $1.5k)

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

I came back to trade the NY open and spent a bit of time scalping NQ in the $25k account. That account is now up +$1,540, which puts me over the profit target. I've only traded 4 days though, and there's a 10-day requirement, so I've got 6 days of scalping micros ahead of me before getting funded.

Tomorrow I'll turn my attention back to the $150k account.

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Late post. Yesterday was a minor disaster. I started with a solid r$1k result in ES but then switched over to NQ and RTY and lost -$2.7k in about half an hour while trying to do a swing trade. I spent the rest of the night frantically scalping, and when I finally turned off my PC, I had squeaked out a positive +$500 in gross PnL. But in doing so I churned through more than $1k in commissions (293 contracts), leaving me with a net loss.

The reason for large number of trades was a high frequency scalping strategy I've been using in sim for a while, where I take 2 points at a time in NQ. That probably accounted for 100+ trades over a few hours. It's not fun but useful to clawing back a big loss.

ES +20.75p, +$1,038
NQ -10.5, -$220
RTY -5.9p, -$295
Net PnL -$634
Balance +$3,367

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Solid day.

ES +11.75p
NQ +29.5p
Net PnL +955
Balance +$4,393

Thanked by:
Mordecai
Melbourne Australia

Good start to the week.

I really try hard to not have a set target for the day, so I can take what the market offers up without forcing trades, overtrading, taking oversize risks, etc. But it's $500. I managed to hit my non-target in less than 90 minutes today.

ES 0p, $0
NQ +31p, +$624
13 trades
Net PnL +$531

Posting charts today as I happen to have them done.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on October 22, 2022

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts