NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one paganini with 18 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 15 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Jigsaw Trading with 12 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OrderFlowAnalytics with 10 posts (18 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Aragorn with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two OrderFlowAnalytics with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tatay with 1.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 220,663 views
    2. thumb_up 181 thanks given
    3. group 122 followers
    1. forum 313 posts
    2. attach_file 17 attachments

Search this Thread

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

WolfieWolf 
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Optimus - Rithmic
Trading: GC
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 272

I did the full OFA course / software a couple of years ago. DB is a great guy an amazing teacher and probably a good trader. My personal experience is this. DB teaches a lot more than just OFA including correct risk management, position sizing and some very cool range projection methodology that has become core to my trading strategy. The range projection stuff alone was worth the price of the course, so I'm a satisfied customer. The OFA element, in isolation, IMO is no better or worse than any other method that gives you some kind of an edge. In my experience I derived significant value from DB's personal and professional mentorship but I don't use OFA in my trading, in fact I never executed live with it. He teaches Market Auction theory... you could read Dalton and Stedlemeyer too. I hope I was allowed to say all that Mike, it is my personal experience. I hope you were okwith that too DB as I have lot of respect for you.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
The space time continuum and the dynamics of a financial …
Emini and Emicro Index
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
NexusFi Journal Challenge - April 2024
Feedback and Announcements
New Micros: Ultra 10-Year & Ultra T-Bond -- Live Now
Treasury Notes and Bonds

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Get funded firms 2023/2024 - Any recommendations or word …
61 thanks
Funded Trader platforms
39 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
26 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
18 thanks
The Program
18 thanks

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,172
Thanks Received: 101,536

WolfieWolf View Post
I hope I was allowed to say all that Mike

Anyone is allowed to say anything, so long as they are speaking from experience. Good or bad.

Mike

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 italianfx 
Naples Italy

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Zen-fire
Trading: Currency futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hello everyone

I'm not trading anymore ....is anyone interested in the OFA core Licence?
The software is very good and support too!

Please contact me if interested!!!!

maxreturn 
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States

Trading: TF, 6E
Thanks Given: 264
Thanks Received: 114

...to me that if this software is so good, why does it seem so many are selling it?

Thanked by:
 italianfx 
Naples Italy

Broker: Zen-fire
Trading: Currency futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

maxreturn View Post
...to me that if this software is so good, why does it seem so many are selling it?

because a software is just a software and the education coming with the software is just that....education!
I take full responsability for blowing out my account, the responsability is in me because I was not disciplined enough to follow rules and was too emotional in trading.

second...because OFA is the only company allowing to pass the live licence to someone else. other company take your money and say goodbye.

I decided to give away my licence because I don't want to trade anymore and not because the software is not good. Actually it's very good and the support and education is very good too, but the problem is in me, so...... ;-)

OrderFlowAnalytics 
San Antonio, TX, USA

Platform: OFA, Ninja, eSignal, R-Trader
Broker: Dorman/ZenFire + IQfeed + eSignal
Trading: ES, 6E, 6B
Thanks Given: 17
Thanks Received: 77

futuretrader View Post
I can understand not allowing people to resell their licences, though it's a bit tough when the software is so expensive and there's no trial.

But not allowing customers to talk about whether they find it useful or not seems excessive, if not paranoid. We're not dealing with state security here.....

Have any of you ever dealt with attorneys? It is their job to come up with stuff like this. As previously mentioned over and over in here - OFA is more than happy to transfer a license as long as it is done through us. I'm not aware of any other company that has this flexibility. Let's face it - there are a lot of people that just flat out are never going to be traders - regardless of education, software or the insane dreams they have in their heads.

Regardless of the legal jargon in the agreement, I dont care what you say about OFA and your results. I will have the agreement amended to exclude the nonsense about publishing results.

As for license transfers, wouldn't you like to have the option to sell even half of the stuff you've bought over the years? Most people do this anyway under the table and the buyer is stuck with a dependency on the seller actually notifying them of upgrades, support issues, etc. Good luck with that. Transfer a license through us and you are actually part of the support community. Buy it unregistered and you are on your own.

Good Trading to All,

DB

It now reads: 3.3 You shall not sell, rent, lease, lend, sublicense, distribute, or otherwise transfer or provide access to the Software (or any part thereof) to any person, firm, entity, or any third party without OFA’s prior written consent.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided by Order Flow Analytics, please send me a Private Message or use the BMT " Ask Me Anything" thread.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 OpalDragon 
Des Moines, Iowa

Platform: Ninja Trader
Trading: 6E, CL, Anything that moves
Thanks Given: 733
Thanks Received: 232

Hello Guys...

I tried OFA and it is not for me... I am more of a visual guy not a Footprint guy and so OFA is not for me that much.

I do a lot better with charts and such

So I am willing to sell my licence forward if any of you guys want it. Just PM me if you want the details on that.

It is very robustly built - It never crashed on me or anything and I was using it on ES, 6E and CL...

But I like trading from charts - better than footprint.

If you like footprint reading and you want this one just let me know. Send me a PM. I don't use it - it is just sitting there so we can negotiate a good price.

Cya...

resist 
Berlin Germany /Alicante Spain

Broker: DDT/Rithmic, Global/CQG, IB, Mirus(Ninja)/MarketDelta
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 362
Thanks Received: 67

Dear members,
I am looking for an OFA license so if anyone wants to sell his OrderFlowAnalytics License please send me a PM.
Thank you. Kind regards.
resist

Raj1 
Toronto

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: AMP FUTURES/ZENFIRE
Trading: YM
Thanks Given: 253
Thanks Received: 58

paganini View Post
Most of what OFA has is not proprietary nor black box. Once you go through the training you'll know.

The tracker is proprietary - i have a 11 years working experience as a software engineer so i knew exactly which part of his software is proprietary which isn't.

OFA's plot of the volume chart is unique (and no software does this, but the logic is CLEARLY explained in the training).

Not quite sure what the legal status of rebroadcasting/posting images from the chart is, so I won't post the images. However, one of the trades i took was at 8:40 pm tonight. It was simply a COT change (it shows -300 contracts and changing to +400 which is A LOT in overnight trading). I was originally short at 1303.25 and saw it move against me. Took a small loss at -2 ticks.

Now, the high of the day was 1304.25. And the ES closed near the high. The expectation from everyoe is that it wll drop over night. It should after an extended rise and practically the entire day was a strong move up. I went in on a responsive selling peeriod and saw the COT turning. Naturally i knew that i was wrong and took a quick -2 tick loss.

However, since we're at the day high (loss was 1303.75, high was 1304.25, 2 ticks away) Chances are really good that it will attempt break out.

Why? Not because it will break - it's beceause institutional investors want to get filled with retailer's stops. The chart shows about 500-600 contracts at teh bid/ask between 1303.50 and 1304.25. When the market finally broke the high, it shot up because there is no market depth overnight other than the limit sellers who are eager to short against those stops outs. The prices tick to 1307.50. My original target was 4 ticks but my ATM strategy has a 3 point target (i always manage it myself). Well, it hits it in 3 seconds after the break out. It was literally stops after stops.

Those 500-600 contracts at the bid at 1303.75-1304.25 ends up at 1305.50 and 1305.75 at the ask with ZERO trade at the bid (after hours). The data shows 8:46:14 to 8:46:16 as the trade period for that rotation yep, 3 seconds of stop out and shot up 3 points.

Everyone of those shorts as well as the market stop buy orders got stopped out because the market shoots up 3 points and falls back down through the range and now is below the day's high.

Total gain in 5 minutes: 2.50 points. Check out the spike on your chart at around 8:46 pm central time (big spike up, eh? Yup, institutional investors causing retailers to stop out to take their contracts and sell to their buy out orders). Much harder to do during day time but easily manipulated after hours at night.

Those stop outs? the cluster shows 1.75 ticks (or close to 2 points). Amazing, isn't it? I wonder how many ES traders uses 2 point stops... look around at the systems out there, most are using 2 points as a stop. And everyone who shorted (and remember, I DID SHORT but OFA tells me that i'm about to get nailed, so i took the small 2 tick loss and changed my position). Also, my tracker which was showing a positive 200 contracts for me was showing -140 when i exited. 340 contracts shifted after i entered the market in overnight is a lot of volume.

COT, etc. are not proprietary, it's just a measure of the number of traders in the rotation process. Again, all covered in the training.

The stuff that is proprietary are the tracker software (not the contract counting but the automation stop out and target out levels), the gold market depth alert signals, the volume pivots (algorithmic pivots) genreated by their server which is used as a potential targets area, are proprietary. The rest isn't. However, the way the volume charts are printed is unique - there is no fixed length of volume length (unlike Gomi or Market delta or time based or range bars, it's none of the above). The logic though is clearly explained in the training.

Maybe Big Mike can ask OFA to do a presentation - i know OFA has done several for Mirus and you can see it on their youtube.com channel:

OrderFlowAnalytics's Channel - YouTube

Their stop run one is particularly interesting. We see it all day long on those volume levels and stop out levels.

Hi

How do you make use of Cumulative delta and delta values printed on each order flow bar's top / bottom based on up bar / down bar for your entries?

A theoretical explanation may help

Thanks

asiaexpat 
Chiang Mai Thailand

Platform: NT
Broker: IB/IB, AMP/CQG
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 53

Anyone know if Bloodhound has access to OFA data?

Last Updated on June 24, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts